Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-30-2012, 09:53 PM   #1
Heard02
Mouseketeer

Servers/state room attendants on Magic

Looking for some feedback on recent servers and stateroom attendants on the Magic. Who did you have? Who was good? Anyone we'd rather not have?
--Contemporary Dec96//Port Orleans Dec99//DCL Wonder Dec99//Coronado Springs Oct02//DCL Wonder May04//Animal Kingdom Lodge May04//Grand Floridian Sep05//DCL Wonder Oct07//Polynesian Oct 07//DCL Wonder Jul08///Grand Floridian Oct08//Coronado Springs Nov08//DCL Wonder Dec08//Boardwalk Inn Sep09///Grand Floridian Oct09/DCL Magic Oct09//Boardwalk Inn Oct09//Villas at Wilderness Lodge Apr10//Boardwalk Inn Oct10//DCL Wonder Nov10//DCL Wonder May11//DCL Dream Oct11//Polynesian Oct11//DCL Dream Apr12//Art of Animation and Beach Club Oct12//DCL Magic Nov12//Pop Century Jul13//Beach Club Oct13//DCL Fantasy Nov13//Wilderness Lodge Mar14//DCL Fantasy May14--Contemporary Oct14
Heard02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 10:33 PM   #2
kcashner
DIS Veteran

Your stateroom host is based on stateroom location--no way to request a particular person.

We have lots of favorite servers on the Magic, but I'm not sure who is still there--sorry.
kcashner is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-01-2012, 07:43 AM   #3
mmouse37
Mickey for Me!
Likes surprises

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heard02 View Post
Looking for some feedback on recent servers and stateroom attendants on the Magic. Who did you have? Who was good? Anyone we'd rather not have?
As mentioned you can't really pic a stateroom host as you will get whatever host is assigned to section of cabins onboard.

We recently sailed the Magic (last month) and had the wonderful serving team of Conrad from Jamaica and Jackson from India. They were really great. Our rotation started in Lumiere's but that does not mean they are still on that rotation now.

MJ
Disney Dream - 5 times - Official Maiden Voyage January 26, 2011
Disney Fantasy - 2 times

mmouse37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 10:47 AM   #4
LWQuestie
I'm the Rocketeer!

Suttipong from Thailand and Maria from Croatia. Just wonderful!

LWQuestie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 12:25 PM   #5
lorimay
DIS Veteran

I have always enjoyed our servers both in MDR and Palo.

But I have never been wowed by the Stateroom hosts.

This last one we had on our Canada cruise was the worst of all.

Did anyone have one that just "WOWED" you?
lorimay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 12:32 PM   #6
kcashner
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorimay View Post
Did anyone have one that just "WOWED" you?
Yes, we've had a couple that were standouts. One, we told was the best we'd ever had--she was leaving DCL at the end of that cruise to go home and marry.

Many were "OK to good," but 2 were really impressive.
Old 10-01-2012, 12:42 PM   #7
iloverags2
DIS Veteran

Val Panainte is our absolute favorite server on the Magic. He absolutely ROCKS! As for our favorite assistant server, we just love Jennifer Gaubert. She was on leave, so not sure when she will be heading back. If you want the most excellent head server, request Sorin Voicu.

iloverags2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 06:23 PM   #8
Marilyn11
Mouseketeer

On our July 8th cruise to Canada, our dining room servers were Azziz and Tiger who were absolutely wonderful. We were a table of 10 with 4 young children, whom they entertained each night. Highly recommend them. You will have great dinners.
Nordic Prince - 1986 - Bermuda; Song of America - 1991 - Western Caribbean; Celebrity Zenith - 2000 - Bermuda; Star Princess - 2006 - Baltic; Splendor of the Seas - 2008 - Greece; Diamond Princess - 2009 - Alaska; Norwegian Jade - 2010 - Barcelona - Med; Freedom of the Seas - 2012 - Western Caribbean; Disney Magic - 2012 - NY to Canada
Marilyn11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 07:46 PM   #9
Belle4
Mouseketeer

So if i wanted to reserve one of these people I would have to wait until we get onboard?
Belle4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 08:25 PM   #10
kcashner
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle4 View Post
So if i wanted to reserve one of these people I would have to wait until we get onboard?
You can all DCL now (or your TA if you used one) and have them add the request to your reservation, Ignore the "this is only a request" speech. Better to ask now than to wait till you are on board; dining assignments are made about 2 weeks before the cruise.
Old 10-02-2012, 09:04 PM   #11
llqool
DIS Veteran

Location: Stationed in Germany, but STILL a FL resident (yeah!!!!)

We loved Andrea in Palo, but other than that, our servers on the Magic this summer were the worst we've ever had. I don't know if we will request someone for our November cruise, but I'm considering the opposite -- asking to NOT have the team we had in June.
llqool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 10:31 AM   #12
mrsfuzzmo
DIS Veteran

We just got off the Magic and had Vlado (Croatia) and Marut (Phillipines). They were terrific! It was Marut's first contract and he was great. Vlado was very proper, with a dry sense of humor, but so conciencious and friendly! I had to use the restroom during dinner one night (too much iced-tea) and he followed me out of the dining room for fear i wasn't feeling well.
mrsfuzzmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 10:47 AM   #13
llqool
DIS Veteran

Location: Stationed in Germany, but STILL a FL resident (yeah!!!!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsfuzzmo View Post
We just got off the Magic and had Vlado (Croatia) and Marut (Phillipines). They were terrific! It was Marut's first contract and he was great. Vlado was very proper, with a dry sense of humor, but so conciencious and friendly! I had to use the restroom during dinner one night (too much iced-tea) and he followed me out of the dining room for fear i wasn't feeling well.
Hmmm.....considering requesting your team. Did you have kids in your party? On previous cruises, our servers had really interacted with our kids, but on our June Magic cruise, our servers had such "blah" personalities (and service!). I don't require that our servers do tricks (like they did on our Alaskan cruise) or bring special dishes (like they did on our Bahamian cruise), but I do like to have the drinks filled (let alone refilled!) and the kids' meals come out in a timely manner. Our servers were so slow (we had second seating) that our kids were going to the kids club via dine and play when they had just barely gotten their dinner, let alone their dessert. And I don't think it was the kitchen staff at fault, b/c everyone around us seemed to be getting their food earlier.
llqool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 02:08 PM   #14
mrsfuzzmo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by llqool View Post
Hmmm.....considering requesting your team. Did you have kids in your party? On previous cruises, our servers had really interacted with our kids, but on our June Magic cruise, our servers had such "blah" personalities (and service!). I don't require that our servers do tricks (like they did on our Alaskan cruise) or bring special dishes (like they did on our Bahamian cruise), but I do like to have the drinks filled (let alone refilled!) and the kids' meals come out in a timely manner. Our servers were so slow (we had second seating) that our kids were going to the kids club via dine and play when they had just barely gotten their dinner, let alone their dessert. And I don't think it was the kitchen staff at fault, b/c everyone around us seemed to be getting their food earlier.
They were right on top of keeping our drinks filled. We did not have kids at our table, we were late dining and it was almost all adults, but they provided great conversation, were extremely helpful in suggesting what we should try and brought me 4 orders of escargot throughout the week.....even though it was only offered one night!! They weren't big "here's a joke for you", but i did get the "plate of nothing" for dessert one night and little things like that. They also were very involved in the dining room "shows" and took us from the table to participate! Hugs all around on the last night!
mrsfuzzmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 03:04 PM   #15
BethC1952
DIS Veteran
Has been VERY patient and VERY helpful!

Reaction to serving teams is very subjective. I've never requested a particular server, and I've had several who were really amazing. However, twice I've been seated with friends who requested a particular server/head server combination, and I wasn't impressed with either set, even after my friends assured me that they were "the best on the ship".

I think I'll keep doing things the way I have been, and just take the luck of the draw!

Beth

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: