Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H > Events/Competition
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-10-2012, 07:10 AM   #31
RadioFanatic
Mouseketeer
SO not a jewelry gal
I would like to introduce dh and myself - Doofus and Sleezy Chuckledoodle

Hey All! Dave and Vicky, I hope you had wonderful fun filled birthdays this past weekend!

And happy thanksgiving to the canadians in the group!

This has been a great week so far bc (a) I survived my first marathon!; and (b) I got the new discount on the FW cabins for marathon weekend!

Rick and I kept up with each other on sunday while we both ran our respective first marathons, even though we were many miles apart. I also had my amazing dh and four year old DS meet me at different points on the route and at the finish line which really lifted my spirits. I will write a full RR soon but wanted to let you know I did it! It really was an uplifting feeling bc I had been down the past few weeks about running and really panicing about the race. I'm so glad I did this one bc now I know I can just enjoy getting ready for the disney marathon bc I now know i can do it!

Dave and Kipp - I hope you are both feeling better - sending healing thoughts your way!

LynnG - sounds like some great bike rides - you go!

Luzzbightyear - kick rear on your marathon - you're going to be awesome!

RadioFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 08:35 AM   #32
Lynn G
Walker of Malamutes

Good Morning Team!

Kimberly - Congrats on your first marathon!

Robbie - Good luck on your marathon!

AFM - Cold out yesterday, did get out for dog walk, but did my bike ride indoors, did some lower body weights and 30 min on spin bike. Today looks nice, hoping for outside bike ride.

Pixie dust to all who are in need!

Have a great day team!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-10-2012, 12:56 PM   #33
RunRookie
DIS Veteran

I just called Disney to check on discounts. I had already booked a room at POP but they applied a discount that upgraded me to a preferred pool view room! And it was cheaper than the standard room I booked earlier. Score! And I get my highest floor request.
Half Fanatic #1852 and Marathon Maniac #6743
My Blog: My Journey to Healthy Living

2014: Los Angeles Marathon | Penguin in the Park 5K | Carmel Marathon | Illinois Mini I-Challenge 5K & 10K | Wisconsin Marathon | Ragnar Relay Chicago 197M | RnR Chicago 5K | RnR Chicago Half Marathon | Crystal Lake Half Marathon
2013: WDW Family 5K | WDW Goofy Challenge | Surf City Marathon | Little Rock Marathon | Penguin in the Park 5K | Cherry Blossom 10M | Flying Pig 3-Way Challenge (5K/10K/Half) | Soldier Field 10M | Chicago RnR Half | Biggest Loser 15K | Howl at the Moon Ultra 50K | Dumbo Double Dare (10K/Half) | Crystal Lake Half | Heritage Haul Half | Fox Valley Half | Marine Corps Marathon | Strides for Hunger 5K | Space Coast Half

Disney Trips: Disneyland 1972-1978, Disney World 2000/2007/2012/2013, Disney Cruises 2003/2005, Disneyland 2008/2013
RunRookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 01:09 PM   #34
RunRookie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuzzBightyear
Rick: Very happy everything went well for you at Chicago

Kimberley: Hope you had a great experience too
Thanks Robbie! I had no real idea of what to expect for my first Full. I am so thrilled about finishing the race standing up, and with a smile on my face! It was a great experience! Kim and I were 'virtual' running partners and that definitely helped me, during the months and miles of training, to keep focused and battle all the doubts.

This time last year, I was training for the Disney Half (my first) and at that time I never would have imagined running 26.2 miles! But running Disney got me hooked on running, and watching all my WISH friends running Goofy gave me the crazy notion I could run a Full. I owe so much to this team for being so encouraging, helpful and supportive of my 'mad dream'.

Now, it is on to the Indy Monumental Half with Kipp (yay!) and then: Goofy 2013! I am definitely going to look to you Goofy veterans for your advice on that one!

Yay for Hakuna Matata!!

2014: Los Angeles Marathon | Penguin in the Park 5K | Carmel Marathon | Illinois Mini I-Challenge 5K & 10K | Wisconsin Marathon | Ragnar Relay Chicago 197M | RnR Chicago 5K | RnR Chicago Half Marathon | Crystal Lake Half Marathon
2013: WDW Family 5K | WDW Goofy Challenge | Surf City Marathon | Little Rock Marathon | Penguin in the Park 5K | Cherry Blossom 10M | Flying Pig 3-Way Challenge (5K/10K/Half) | Soldier Field 10M | Chicago RnR Half | Biggest Loser 15K | Howl at the Moon Ultra 50K | Dumbo Double Dare (10K/Half) | Crystal Lake Half | Heritage Haul Half | Fox Valley Half | Marine Corps Marathon | Strides for Hunger 5K | Space Coast Half

Disney Trips: Disneyland 1972-1978, Disney World 2000/2007/2012/2013, Disney Cruises 2003/2005, Disneyland 2008/2013
Old 10-11-2012, 01:31 AM   #35
RunRookie
DIS Veteran

I finished my race report and photos for the Chicago Marathon. You can read it at my blog by clicking here. Warning: it is long so have a cuppa and a pastry before you get started.

Old 10-11-2012, 02:36 PM   #36
aaronv88
Mouseketeer

Congratulations Rick! Well done. I wish i could call myself a marathon finisher. All i can say to myself is a C2C finisher. Hopefully by reading your blog it encourage me to move up to your level.

Ordered my plane ticket to Orlando 2 days ago for $90 RT. Cheaper then driving i must say. Now i need a hotel and a car rental.
Old 10-12-2012, 08:37 AM   #37
bunnyfoo
It's Monday and my mind was somewhere else
Never hopes to dream though

Weekend Racers

Another first time marathoner - Robbie! Good luck on Sunday Robbie and Kim!

October
14 - PEI Marathon - Robbie
14 - Scotiabank Waterfront 1/2 Marathon - Kim

May 2002 - Wyndham (DTD)/May 2003 - CBR & AKL/ Dec 2003 - AKL/ Oct 2004 - AKL & Polynesian/Oct 2007 - AKL CL & Polynesian/May 2008 - POFQ/Jan 2009 - Poly CL/Oct 2009 - BC & CSR/Jan 2010 - Poly CL/Jan 2011 - Poly CL/Jan 2012 - Pop Century

bunnyfoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 09:25 AM   #38
Lynn G
Walker of Malamutes

Good Morning Team!

Kim - Good luck on your race!

Rick - Good deal on the room!

Robbie - Good luck with your marathon!

Hung - We all started with the short races!

AFM - We did get a good bike ride in 2 days ago, 13 miles again. We finally got the new tires for my road bike (they have pink rims and had to be special ordered - I was not willing to give up my pink rims LOL), so got to ride the road bike instead of the cyclocross bike I have been riding. I have been good about doing weights this week, hopefully I can keep that up! (Weights are not my favorite thing) Yesterday was in the basement, weights and spin bike. The winter winds have been picking up, and it has been windy out most of the week. Looks like that may continue thru the weekend.

Pixie dust to all who are in need!

Have a great day team!
Old 10-12-2012, 12:01 PM   #39
RadioFanatic
Mouseketeer
SO not a jewelry gal
I would like to introduce dh and myself - Doofus and Sleezy Chuckledoodle

Kick rear Robbie and Kim!

My race report hopefully will be sooner rather than later. My aunt was put in hospice monday and passed away yesterday; so it has been a tough week. I'm thinking of everyone = keep running!

RadioFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 02:05 PM   #40
bunnyfoo
It's Monday and my mind was somewhere else
Never hopes to dream though

Hi everyone! Happy Friday!

Kimberly - Congrats on your full! Sorry to hear about your aunt. I'll be keeping you and your family in my thoughts.

Lynn - Good job on the bike and weight workouts! Sounds like you're getting hit with some chilly weather. Did i see you or Scott posting pictures of snow on FB? Yikes!

Hung - In January, you'll be a marathon finisher and a Goofy finisher! That's pretty awesome! Great price on your airfare! I'm still waiting for a drop before booking.

Rick - Great RR and congrats on your full! I don't have any advice for Goofy except to do your B2B runs and to listen to your body on race day. I've heard that some people go all out for the half but I'm glad I took my time because I felt like I had plenty of energy for most of the full the next day.

AFM - I finalized my hotel reservations for January. I managed to get a PIN for Free Dining so I'm happy about that. I'm still waiting to book my airfare.

I haven't run this week on account of my ankle. I'm trying to give it some rest so I'll be good for MCM at the end of the month. I'm looking forward to that! I went to the chiropractor and he said it was fine and that it wasn't swollen. He didn't see a reason why I couldn't go running but I feel like I should take it easy.

I'm meeting up with Kim tomorrow and we're going to the Scotiabank marathon expo and having lunch afterward. Should be fun! Work is still busy So I haven't had as much time to blog or post here.

Have a great weekend everyone!

May 2002 - Wyndham (DTD)/May 2003 - CBR & AKL/ Dec 2003 - AKL/ Oct 2004 - AKL & Polynesian/Oct 2007 - AKL CL & Polynesian/May 2008 - POFQ/Jan 2009 - Poly CL/Oct 2009 - BC & CSR/Jan 2010 - Poly CL/Jan 2011 - Poly CL/Jan 2012 - Pop Century

bunnyfoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 09:26 AM   #41
Lynn G
Walker of Malamutes

Good Morning Team!

Vicky - Thanks, I have been trying to keep up with activity when it is to cold or windy to be outside. Yes, we did have 4 inches of snow, which melted right away, but we did go out riding in the snow to the mailbox. How the ankle is better, say Hi to Kim for us!

AFM - We did get out on bikes during a break in the weather yesterday - got in 14 miles before it clouded up and got colder and windy-er.

Pixie Dust to all who are in need!

Have a great day team!
Old 10-13-2012, 09:48 AM   #42
RunRookie
DIS Veteran

Robbie and Kim: Go out and have awesome races this weekend! Bring back the bling! Looking forward to reading about your experiences!

AFM: I went on my first 'post-Chicago' run this morning. An easy 4 mile run just to test out the legs and feet. Everything felt good. The right knee was a little achy but it warmed up after a while. So, now I guess it is time to look forward to the next race, right?

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Old 10-14-2012, 08:30 AM   #43
Lynn G
Walker of Malamutes

Good Morning Team!

Kimberly - Sorry to hear about your Aunt! Prayers and Pixie Dust to your and your family!

Have a great day team!
Old 10-15-2012, 08:40 AM   #44
Lynn G
Walker of Malamutes

Good Morning Team!

Hope all the racers had good races this weekend!

It was too windy here to get out on the bikes outside, I did 45 min on spin bike. Today will be warm - up to 75F - but again very windy, so do not know if we will try outside bike ride.

Have a great day team!
Old 10-16-2012, 09:47 AM   #45
Lynn G
Walker of Malamutes

Good Morning Team!

Still windy here - today gusting to 50mph! But it is sunny and warm (cooling off tomorrow).

Have a great day!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: