Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-01-2012, 02:28 PM   #46
Allison
- Join date March 2004 -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jillpie View Post
Wow, huge news. Ryan just tweeted that if they win the 2 million at the finale, that he's promised that half of it will go to Amy's charity (AAS, not sure what it stands for). So we'll see if this happens?
I don't see how that means anything though. The season is over. If they didn't win, his saying that means nothing.
Old 10-01-2012, 03:15 PM   #47
Nohal
DIS Veteran

I'm glad that AR started cause I was going through withdraw since Big Brother ended. As others have said how do you not read the whole clue. Did these people not watch other seasons. This always amazes me when I watch reality shows. I could never do this as the eating challenges always gross me out If you noticed some of the people that were eating in the restaurant seemed grossed out by this challenge. Makes me wonder if this really is something special that they eat.
Nohal is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-01-2012, 03:48 PM   #48
OhMari
WDW PreTrip and Trip Moderator

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allison View Post
I don't see how that means anything though. The season is over. If they didn't win, his saying that means nothing.
I agree, for him to even Tweet something like that sounds like a rule breaker.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nohal View Post
I'm glad that AR started cause I was going through withdraw since Big Brother ended. As others have said how do you not read the whole clue. Did these people not watch other seasons. This always amazes me when I watch reality shows. I could never do this as the eating challenges always gross me out If you noticed some of the people that were eating in the restaurant seemed grossed out by this challenge. Makes me wonder if this really is something special that they eat.
They probably just found a resturant that was willing to make and serve it. I was surprised at some of the women, that just scarfed it down.

I don't have a team I like yet, sort of leaning towards the twins, but the monster truck guy seems arrogant. Give him credit for eating the 2nd portion after they figured they read the clue wrong.
OhMari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 04:00 PM   #49
EMAW_KSU
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nohal View Post
That could have been from how they were eating it slurping it off of the table. You never know the time frame of when things happen.
EMAW_KSU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 05:14 PM   #50
onelilspark
DIS Veteran

Here and subscribing but I haven't watched the episode yet (my Eagles were on TV last night...)

*Not looking* I'll be back!
onelilspark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 05:49 PM   #51
daemom
DIS Veteran

Like many of you, I kept saying "haven't you watched this show before?"!! Aca-bus....oh my! No real favorites but I admire Amy.
daemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 05:52 PM   #52
shinysparklybubbles
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by onelilspark
Here and subscribing but I haven't watched the episode yet (my Eagles were on TV last night...)

*Not looking* I'll be back!
Yeah! E-A-G-L-E-S!!!
Old 10-01-2012, 07:47 PM   #53
anniemae
Either she is eating a delicious meal, or she keeled over in starvation

I agree it was silly to tweet about donating half of the 2 mil. The race is done.

The best pronunciation of abacus was when one team said, A-BACK-US.
anniemae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 08:33 AM   #54
onelilspark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessbride6205 View Post
When someone called it an "aca-bus", my jaw dropped. Is it really that unfamiliar of an item?

I like the goat farmers the best so far.

Oh, and this is the first season DH and I have watched. It's one of those shows we never got into, but both agreed we should give it a shot this year.
Welcome to the club! This is the only realty show I watch. I love seeing where they travel and the challenges that reflect that country's traditions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinysparklybubbles View Post
Yeah! E-A-G-L-E-S!!!

Okay, I'm all caught up!

I'm always amazed on the first episode how it seems like the racers have never seen the show. The guy who on the bridge was scared of heights...the guy who didn't read the clue...when she gave out the location of the abacus. Not to mention the people who don't know what an abacus is! Wow.

The first thing I'd do if I found out I was going on the Race, would be to go sky diving. Get that out of the way. Then I'd start training for a marathon.

I cringed when she gave out the location of the clue. This is a RACE, you're not there to make friends!

I think my favorites so far are the Chippendales. I think they're funny. I don't think I have any others that I would consider a favorite. I cannot stand the twins though. They can go any time now.
onelilspark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 09:53 AM   #55
Mkrop
I just cant go on demand
Hi my name is Mkop and I am a cart leaver!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinysparklybubbles View Post
Yeah! E-A-G-L-E-S!!!
June 2008 Contemporary
Dec 2008 Boardwalk Inn
June 2009 Disneyland Hotel and DCA
Jan 2010 DVC Boardwalk Villas
Dec 2010 DVC BLT
July-Aug 2011 Disneyland Park Vue Inn
Dec 2011 DVC BW
July 2012 DVC BC
Dec 2013 DVC AKL/BW
Aug 2014 DVC DCA
Mkrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 09:56 AM   #56
Music City Mama
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by fireworks fan View Post
Was anyone else surprised that some of the teams didn't seem to know what an abacus was? Or to think that they should find it at the Bank of China?
Yes, we were surprised, as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bethbuchall View Post
It took us back to, "Are you a candle-a-bra?"
LOL -- totally forgot about that!
Music City Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 07:57 PM   #57
Cogswel_Cogs
DIS Veteran

I don't understand why they didn't make the extra million if you won the most legs and the race. Why the first stage it didn't make any sense from a watching persective, or a compettion.
Old 10-08-2012, 06:09 AM   #58
plutotek
DIS Veteran

You know that the team that won the first leg has to win the race to get the additional million, right?
Old 10-08-2012, 06:10 AM   #59
Nancyg56
DIS Veteran

Okay, I still do not have any favorites but I definitely do not like the Monster Truckers. I'll come back when more folks have watched the show.
Old 10-08-2012, 06:29 AM   #60
MIGrandma
A woman is like a tea bag. You never know how strong she is until she's in hot water~Eleanor Roosevelt
I have a toilet problem
33 people looked, and not one followed the rule!

So very disappointed for the team that went home last night, they were my favorites. And I hate it that it was because of a poor taxi driver. Now I'm not sure who I'll be cheering for, heck I can't even remember their names yet. I do like the Chippendale guys and glad to see they "got it together" and I think they came in third last night. I like the twins, although they are loud. I like Trey and Lexi (I think that's their names) a lot too. I was kind of disappointed in the "racing of the bulls" challenge. They didn't have to ride the bulls, didn't even have to drive their own scooter. Not all that exciting.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: