Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-01-2012, 10:51 AM   #31
MIGrandma
A woman is like a tea bag. You never know how strong she is until she's in hot water~Eleanor Roosevelt
I have a toilet problem
33 people looked, and not one followed the rule!

I hated that Abbie and Ryan blew right past Amy and Daniel, after Amy helped them out. I hope karma bites them hard in the butt and they get eliminated soon. I would hate for them to win $2,000,000. Yes, I know "it's a game" and all that but still. I want them gone. I'm really rooting for Amy and Daniel now, since they came in second and should have been first.

I don't care for the twins, they're already annoying me. I was hoping the team that got eliminated would go a little further. I like the Chippendale guys but they better get their act together or they'll be next to go.

I was kind of surprised the guy had to eat double the amount of fallopian tubes, since he picked up the papaya with his hands. I just figured they would go on their merry way, but then Phil would inform them of their mistake and they'd get a 30-minute penalty or something. I can't imagine eating one serving of them let alone two! Gag!!

It does amaze me that people don't fully read their clues. After so many seasons and seeing others do it, you'd think they would be more careful.

I could never go on the show because I would be afraid of having to bungy jump or jump out of an airplane. Those are two things I could never do.
Old 10-01-2012, 10:56 AM   #32
Allison
- Join date March 2004 -

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIGrandma View Post
I hated that Abbie and Ryan blew right past Amy and Daniel, after Amy helped them out. I hope karma bites them hard in the butt and they get eliminated soon. I would hate for them to win $2,000,000. Yes, I know "it's a game" and all that but still. I want them gone. I'm really rooting for Amy and Daniel now, since they came in second and should have been first.

(
The way I view it is they shouldn't have been first if they are willing to share information with other people. If you do that, you have to be prepared for them to use the information to their advantage and the effect it might have on your game.

There is no should have been first. It's whoever gets to the mat first.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-01-2012, 12:05 PM   #33
minniecarousel
Chris Isaak fan
I'll take my earthquakes over tornadoes & hurricanes any day!
What's up with ruining corn by "creaming" it?

I wonder what would have happened if both the first and second teams would have stepped onto the mat together. Would AR have to give them each that deal for the 2 mill? I guess we'll never know. (I wonder what the % of teams who have won have also won the first leg.)

minniecarousel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 12:48 PM   #34
Jillpie
Can you package some Main St. music and send it to me?

Wow, huge news. Ryan just tweeted that if they win the 2 million at the finale, that he's promised that half of it will go to Amy's charity (AAS, not sure what it stands for). So we'll see if this happens?
Old 10-01-2012, 01:20 PM   #35
lovin'fl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jillpie View Post
Wow, huge news. Ryan just tweeted that if they win the 2 million at the finale, that he's promised that half of it will go to Amy's charity (AAS, not sure what it stands for). So we'll see if this happens?
Aren't they done filming and there's already been a winner?
Old 10-01-2012, 01:25 PM   #36
Jillpie
Can you package some Main St. music and send it to me?

Yes, but they're bound legally not to reveal any of the ending.
Old 10-01-2012, 01:27 PM   #37
It'sWDW4me
Fairly new... still gets a tag :)
HOLD THE PHONE!
I think it's easier to reason with a CHIMPANZEE than to reason with a tween/early teen!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovin'fl View Post
Aren't they done filming and there's already been a winner?
Could very well be. But isn't there some sort of confidentiality/gag in place that they can't say who the winners are until the final episode airs? Could be a way to throw everyone off. I though I heard (I was folding laundry during the "upcoming show" clips) him say "You just cost me 2 million dollars!"

WDW Commando Member #120

Me; DS (17); Bear (6); Cosmo (6? He's a stray who found his home with us)

No more tickers for a very long while.

March 1986 - offsite; March 2002 - offsite; August 2006 - POP; August 2007 - OKW (free upgrade from ASMo!); August 2008 - POR; August 2010 - CBR ; August 2012 - DCL's Fantasy ; July 2013 - POP & 1st solo trip!
It'sWDW4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 01:38 PM   #38
java
I am embracing the Turkey Butt
We have the mentally insane lab and the incredibly flatulent Bulldog
I'm the mean wife

Goat farmers are actually ex Martha Stewart employees. They will use some of their Martha tricks during at least one of the challenges- so they say.

We too were yelling at the TV NOOOOOOOOO! when Amy told them where to go. She seemed to realize right away her mistake and I feel for her. She thought everyone would be kind but it's a game. I thought they should have let them go first- but I get why they didn't and his tweet of giving away half at this point makes me believe they don't win in the end and he just doesn't want to be the bad guy all season.

When Chippendales gave the info to the other team it wasn't as big an error because they knew they could outrun them and they knew exactly where they were going.

Love it- so far really don't have a favorite team. The rock stars seem to be my daughter's favorite. Nobody else really stood out strong for me yet.
java is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 01:42 PM   #39
It'sWDW4me
Fairly new... still gets a tag :)
HOLD THE PHONE!
I think it's easier to reason with a CHIMPANZEE than to reason with a tween/early teen!

Quote:
Originally Posted by java View Post
I thought they should have let them go first- but I get why they didn't and his tweet of giving away half at this point makes me believe they don't win in the end and he just doesn't want to be the bad guy all season.
This is exactly what I was thinking but didn't manage to say!

WDW Commando Member #120

Me; DS (17); Bear (6); Cosmo (6? He's a stray who found his home with us)

No more tickers for a very long while.

March 1986 - offsite; March 2002 - offsite; August 2006 - POP; August 2007 - OKW (free upgrade from ASMo!); August 2008 - POR; August 2010 - CBR ; August 2012 - DCL's Fantasy ; July 2013 - POP & 1st solo trip!
It'sWDW4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 01:58 PM   #40
fireworks fan
Mouseketeer

Was anyone else surprised that some of the teams didn't seem to know what an abacus was? Or to think that they should find it at the Bank of China?
fireworks fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 02:02 PM   #41
lovin'fl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by java View Post
Goat farmers are actually ex Martha Stewart employees. They will use some of their Martha tricks during at least one of the challenges- so they say.

We too were yelling at the TV NOOOOOOOOO! when Amy told them where to go. She seemed to realize right away her mistake and I feel for her. She thought everyone would be kind but it's a game. I thought they should have let them go first- but I get why they didn't and his tweet of giving away half at this point makes me believe they don't win in the end and he just doesn't want to be the bad guy all season.

When Chippendales gave the info to the other team it wasn't as big an error because they knew they could outrun them and they knew exactly where they were going.

Love it- so far really don't have a favorite team. The rock stars seem to be my daughter's favorite. Nobody else really stood out strong for me yet.
I like the Rockers, the farmers and the couple that came in second so far, but it is early.
Old 10-01-2012, 02:04 PM   #42
Ilivetogo
I really DO want to live there!
I circulate my paper clips at work so they all get used or I feel like they'd be sad if they didn't get a "turn".

I watched. Loved it as usual. No super favorites quite yet ... but the twins are already grating on me with the squabbling. And the fact that both their voices are the SAME! aarrrgh. Anyway, definitely liked Amy and Daniel. Not "stuck" on many of the others quite yet - but neither the rock stars nor the teachers do much for me.

I, too, was amazed that there were people not reading the whole clue.

Looks to be a fun show again!! My DVR is SET!!!! Woooo!

Old 10-01-2012, 02:09 PM   #43
Mkrop
I just cant go on demand
Hi my name is Mkop and I am a cart leaver!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fireworks fan View Post
Was anyone else surprised that some of the teams didn't seem to know what an abacus was? Or to think that they should find it at the Bank of China?
Their pronunciation of the word was horrible...I was like really you dont know how to pronounce that.
June 2008 Contemporary
Dec 2008 Boardwalk Inn
June 2009 Disneyland Hotel and DCA
Jan 2010 DVC Boardwalk Villas
Dec 2010 DVC BLT
July-Aug 2011 Disneyland Park Vue Inn
Dec 2011 DVC BW
July 2012 DVC BC
Dec 2013 DVC AKL/BW
Mkrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 02:24 PM   #44
bethbuchall
Had to make sure she was in Disney World on her 40th

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mkrop View Post
Their pronunciation of the word was horrible...I was like really you dont know how to pronounce that.
It took us back to, "Are you a candle-a-bra?"

bethbuchall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 02:27 PM   #45
princessbride6205
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by fireworks fan View Post
When someone called it an "aca-bus", my jaw dropped. Is it really that unfamiliar of an item?

I like the goat farmers the best so far.

Oh, and this is the first season DH and I have watched. It's one of those shows we never got into, but both agreed we should give it a shot this year.
2013 WDW Marathon * 2013 Dumbo Double Dare / Coast to Coast! * 2013 Wine & Dine
2014 WDW Half * 2014 Glass Slipper * Next up: 2015 Goofy!
princessbride6205 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: