Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-03-2012, 03:44 PM   #286
tigercat
Cook, clean and foot massage. Boy that sounds like heaven!
I dislocated my jaw when I ate a piece of lettuce

It will only be in Canada though. The contestants won't be leaving the country. I love to see the different places there is so much more to it than just going cross country.
tigercat
tigercat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 03:58 PM   #287
Pembo
OH-IO

Go Twinnies!!!!!
Register to remove

Old 12-03-2012, 05:40 PM   #288
onelilspark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigercat View Post
It will only be in Canada though. The contestants won't be leaving the country. I love to see the different places there is so much more to it than just going cross country.
tigercat
I would love to see Amazing Race Canada - of course, I'm not from there, so it'd be all new to me! Hope we get it!
onelilspark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 06:40 PM   #289
OhMari
WDW PreTrip and Trip Moderator

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAB View Post
They announced on our Canadian Channel that we are getting an Amazing Race Canada. It thanked Canada for it's help in making Amazing Race number one show in America.

Not sure if we will have Phil though or if you will even see it. We also got a Bachelor Canada that just finished up on Wed. nights.
I wish we had the option to get Canadian Channels. I didn't know you were so close to me. Do you live over by Niagra Falls or above Michigan.
OhMari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 07:19 PM   #290
NAB
That first page just got too heavy
Maybe I am the gloved one and have an inside scoop

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhMari View Post
I wish we had the option to get Canadian Channels. I didn't know you were so close to me. Do you live over by Niagra Falls or above Michigan.
East of Toronto. Yes I saw on our news tonight it will only be shown over here and that they are looking for a new host too. I want Phil. It is suppose to air in the summer.
NAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 08:55 PM   #291
OhMari

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
East of Toronto. Yes I saw on our news tonight it will only be shown over here and that they are looking for a new host too. I want Phil. It is suppose to air in the summer.
Our first Amazing race started in the summer. They thought it would be a replacement for summer reruns and it was a smash hit. I never knew Canada had it's own tv stations. It cracked me up, when I realized you had your own Weather channel people too. I am ashamed to admit that I am just learning about your country. My dh business is doing a lot of work up in Canada, so we have been visiting different areas.
Old 12-03-2012, 09:35 PM   #292
declansdad
DIS Dad#639
Still waiting for his first one

Quote:
Our first Amazing race started in the summer. They thought it would be a replacement for summer reruns and it was a smash hit. I never knew Canada had it's own tv stations. It cracked me up, when I realized you had your own Weather channel people too. I am ashamed to admit that I am just learning about your country. My dh business is doing a lot of work up in Canada, so we have been visiting different areas.

Seriously?
ASM - March 2004 --- POP - July 2005 --- POP and the Poly - August 2007 --- CBR - Aug 2008 --- POFQ August 2009--- POP Christmas 2010--- POFQ Aug 2011 --- Disney Dream and MK March 2013 --- EPCOT F&G March 2013 --- Pop July 2013 --- AK March 2014

me dw (pooksma) ds
DIS Dads Club Member #639

Our WDW photos on Photobucket, Our WDW photos on Flickr

declansdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 09:54 PM   #293
NAB
That first page just got too heavy
Maybe I am the gloved one and have an inside scoop

Quote:
That's ok on another thread I go to all the time didn't know we had our own miltary either and couldn't tell you much about our country. Canadians probably know more about your country.

One thing we really miss when we go to WDW or any state for that matter is the weather at home. We are always shown yours here.

But I really like to watch your networks , but most times it will switch over to one of our Canadian channels so we don't get your commericals. And some shows we don't get the previews either. Fox is bad for that. CTV gives us the previews for Amazing Race and it is always on time , no delays from sports. That is a bonus.
NAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 10:50 PM   #294
dakcp2001
Am I wrong to want a cashier and bagger?
Chicken wings are his crack

I would love for Beekmans to win, but I would also be happy if Chippendales win. I am so glad the upturn plan worked last week
dakcp2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 11:22 PM   #295
LBIJim
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by declansdad View Post
Well that was a boring episode with a terrible ending!
I agree it was a boring episode but I liked the non-elimination ending.

Quote:
They announced on our Canadian Channel that we are getting an Amazing Race Canada. It thanked Canada for it's help in making Amazing Race number one show in America.
Not sure what you mean by "number one show in America." I think it gets good enough ratings, but I doubt it's even in the Top 20. Emmy Awards for top reality show, perhaps?

Jim
LBIJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 11:27 PM   #296
OhMari

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dakcp2001 View Post
I would love for Beekmans to win, but I would also be happy if Chippendales win. I am so glad the upturn plan worked last week
Me too, maybe the show ends in Vegas. I doubt it because they are in Spain and coming into the East coast.

Last edited by OhMari; 12-04-2012 at 09:27 AM.
Old 12-04-2012, 04:41 AM   #297
Debbie
DIScovering DIS magic
WISHing my way to success!
Thought processes working overboard!
We have YOUR date so book it up!

Quote:
East of Toronto. Yes I saw on our news tonight it will only be shown over here and that they are looking for a new host too. I want Phil. It is supposed to air in the summer.
That was MY response, too, when I saw the commercial on Sunday...and Monday! Maybe Phil has a Canadian cousin. Let's see. WHO could they get as a host? I've watched AR China Rush, AR Australia, and AR Asia(?) in the past. They usually have some well-known star. Let's see. AR Canada with:

šoš Lovin' the mouse from my Canadian house! šoš

offsite-'85
CBR-'90FWHomes-'94FWHomes-'97HIFS/BC-'99Dixie Landings-Jan. '00 (just the parents)HIFS/Dixie Landings-Aug.'00ASMu '01Courtyard by Marriott DTD '02Courtyard by Marriott DTD/Coronado Springs '03Wilderness Lodge-Marathon Weekend '05POP with youngest sister '05POP with FREE DINING '06ASMu with DH '07POP with youngest daughter '0825th anniversary trip at Poly '09POR (still Dixie in my heart) with DH '121 night Kidani Village before 7 night Disney Fantasy Cruise '13
Debbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 07:53 AM   #298
robinb
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debbie View Post

That was MY response, too, when I saw the commercial on Sunday...and Monday! Maybe Phil has a Canadian cousin. Let's see. WHO could they get as a host? I've watched AR China Rush, AR Australia, and AR Asia(?) in the past. They usually have some well-known star. Let's see. AR Canada with:
Sorry Canadians, no one else can fill Phill's pants.
Old 12-04-2012, 08:43 AM   #299
pkondz
Hoping to get lucky
Bow-chicka-bow-wow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debbie View Post

Martin Short?

Please, please, please. Not Ben Mulroney.

Teenage Mutant Backseat Dancers - A Canadian Buffoon Adventure
Canadian Buffoon's Vacation - PTR/mini TR
Canadian Buffoon European Vacation
Just a silly little TR - run away!

1977 - offsite 1987 - offsite 1992 - offsite 2005 - POR (never going offsite again!!!) 2009 - ASMu
pkondz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 11:45 AM   #300
Soben
Mouseketeer

I am rooting for the Beekmens but seriously, "Yes, the one with the injured ankle, Yes, that's the one who should play tennis!" They do everything they can to shoot themselves in the foot. I just groaned. I liked how they were the only ones who could pronounce Mallorca.
Soben is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: