Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-02-2012, 07:58 PM   #271
figment52
Oh man, I checked out the website only to discover that I am Older than Peeps!

LOL - I was just thinking that no one has had any problems driving this season - spoke too soon. I'm glad she is proficient.

It just started here - football game ran late again.

Last edited by figment52; 12-03-2012 at 11:20 AM.
figment52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 08:06 PM   #272
declansdad
DIS Dad#639
Still waiting for his first one

Well that was a boring episode with a terrible ending!
ASM - March 2004 --- POP - July 2005 --- POP and the Poly - August 2007 --- CBR - Aug 2008 --- POFQ August 2009--- POP Christmas 2010--- POFQ Aug 2011 --- Disney Dream and MK March 2013 --- EPCOT F&G March 2013 --- Pop July 2013 --- AK March 2014

me dw (pooksma) ds
DIS Dads Club Member #639

Our WDW photos on Photobucket, Our WDW photos on Flickr

declansdad is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-02-2012, 08:38 PM   #273
figment52
Oh man, I checked out the website only to discover that I am Older than Peeps!

Quote:
Originally Posted by declansdad View Post
....but you had to know that was coming - it always does.
figment52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 08:53 PM   #274
onelilspark
DIS Veteran

Stupid Non-Elimination leg. I was hoping that might have finally been the end of the Twins.

The Beekman Boys give up too easily. And Lexi's finger? I'm sure it hurt, but for crying out loud, suck it up!

I love the Chippendales..."This is like Nature!"
onelilspark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 09:03 PM   #275
OhMari
WDW PreTrip and Trip Moderator

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
I love TAR-and I'll probably never see it as a boring show-I hate what the twinnies did with stealing the money-but it makes it more interesting having 4 teams race. I can't wait to see how far ahead the Texans are to James and Jaymes.
OhMari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 09:08 PM   #276
declansdad
DIS Dad#639
Still waiting for his first one

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhMari View Post
I love TAR-and I'll probably never see it as a boring show-I hate what the twinnies did with stealing the money-but it makes it more interesting having 4 teams race. I can't wait to see how far ahead the Texans are to James and Jaymes.

That episode had no drama in it whatsoever, that is what made it boring.
ASM - March 2004 --- POP - July 2005 --- POP and the Poly - August 2007 --- CBR - Aug 2008 --- POFQ August 2009--- POP Christmas 2010--- POFQ Aug 2011 --- Disney Dream and MK March 2013 --- EPCOT F&G March 2013 --- Pop July 2013 --- AK March 2014

me dw (pooksma) ds
DIS Dads Club Member #639

Our WDW photos on Photobucket, Our WDW photos on Flickr

declansdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 09:09 PM   #277
I loveStitchnippyjon
DIS Veteran

Go James and Jaymes!
They're the only ones left that I want to win.
I loveStitchnippyjon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 06:10 AM   #278
MIGrandma
A woman is like a tea bag. You never know how strong she is until she's in hot water~Eleanor Roosevelt
I have a toilet problem
33 people looked, and not one followed the rule!

When Phil wasn't telling them, on the mat, that they were going to be racing in the final leg for the million dollars I knew it was going to be a non-elimination episode and I was so bummed, since the Twinnies came in last. It sure would have been nice to get rid of them.

I hope it ends up with Twinnies in 4th place (used to like them, until they stole the money), Trey and Lexi in 3rd, the Beekman boys in 2nd and the Chippendale boys winning the million.
Old 12-03-2012, 08:17 AM   #279
travelbug24
Searches for Hidden Mickey's in carbonated beverages.

Quote:
So much LOVE does make for a boring game but I love the love the Chippendales are giving out. If they do not win, I will be sooooo disappointed.
travelbug24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 08:19 AM   #280
Dee77
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIGrandma View Post
When Phil wasn't telling them, on the mat, that they were going to be racing in the final leg for the million dollars I knew it was going to be a non-elimination episode and I was so bummed, since the Twinnies came in last. It sure would have been nice to get rid of them.

I hope it ends up with Twinnies in 4th place (used to like them, until they stole the money), Trey and Lexi in 3rd, the Beekman boys in 2nd and the Chippendale boys winning the million.
Totally agree

Nov 2008 SSR Studio, Dec 2009 OKW 2 Bedroom, Nov/Dec 2010 SSR 2 Bedroom, May 2011 BCV 1 Bedroom, Nov 2011 OKW 2 Bedroom,
Aug 2012 OKW 2 Bedroom, Aug 2013 OKW 1 Bedroom, Jan/Feb 2014 SSR 1 Bedroom, Aug 2014 OKW 2 Bedroom, Aug 2015 OKW 3 Bedroom GV
Dee77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 08:51 AM   #281
robinb
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I thought it was a bit boring too, only because we knew it was going to be a non-elimination round (they always run the top-4 twice).

Quote:
Me too! Although I still think it would serve all the game-players right it the Beekman Boys won .

I have not been posting my menus for a while. We still get together with friends every Sunday for an AR watch party. This week we had:

• Paella with shrimp, scallops and mussels. We left a section clear of seafood for my vegetarian DD.
  • Spanish omelet - a traditional tapa and really good! Potato slices, onions & garlic cooked and then tossed with raw scrambled eggs and cooked in a 9" skillet.
  • Spinach with garbanzo beans (another tapa)
  • Brussels Sprouts in sherry bacon cream sauce (another tapa and we had sprouts from our garden)
  • Ajillo mushrooms - mushrooms with garlic, dry sherry, lemon juice, red pepper flakes and paprika.
  • Spanish white wine (don't remember the kind, sorry)
  • Papa Hemingway cocktails (my DH loves to make interesting cocktails)
Old 12-03-2012, 09:27 AM   #282
lovin'fl
DIS Veteran

Yup, I was also bummed that it was a non elimination round....uggghhh. But I will say that when 1 of the Twinnies told the Beekman's to 'go...go...go' and that they would be right behind them after the tennis challenge it was a bit redeeming. She was encouraging them to hurry and pepping them up...was nice. I liked the previews when Phil said 'Dream Team versus the Eternal Underdogs' or whatever he said. I think, in a game play point of view, any of the Dream Team deserves to win as they are good racers. But, who doesn't love a good underdog story?!?! So, I guess I will be happy with whoever wins (though slightly prefer the 2 all boy teams as they didn't steal anybody's $$).

Last edited by lovin'fl; 12-03-2012 at 09:32 AM.
lovin'fl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 09:39 AM   #283
gwynne
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Great predictions! I am crossing my fingers you are right.
I can only hope that we are close to some relief from the constantly shrieking twinnies.
Old 12-03-2012, 12:40 PM   #284
OhMari
WDW PreTrip and Trip Moderator

DISboards Moderator

I wonder what other countries they will be in, before they get back to the States. I love it when they are in the northern European countries.

I wish they would do another Family one, where they stay in the states. I know many people didn't like that show and thought it was boring, but I liked it. Last April my family had fun finding all the different places they went to in the Florida Keys. The under water scuba place in Key Largo was fun.
OhMari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 01:11 PM   #285
NAB
That first page just got too heavy
Maybe I am the gloved one and have an inside scoop

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhMari View Post
I wonder what other countries they will be in, before they get back to the States. I love it when they are in the northern European countries.

I wish they would do another Family one, where they stay in the states. I know many people didn't like that show and thought it was boring, but I liked it. Last April my family had fun finding all the different places they went to in the Florida Keys. The under water scuba place in Key Largo was fun.
They announced on our Canadian Channel that we are getting an Amazing Race Canada. It thanked Canada for it's help in making Amazing Race number one show in America.

Not sure if we will have Phil though or if you will even see it. We also got a Bachelor Canada that just finished up on Wed. nights.
NAB is online now   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: