Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-19-2012, 04:13 PM   #226
Nohal
DIS Veteran

Loved that Ryan took so long to do the time zone challenge. He is so cocky and I really hope that they don't win. Just when I was starting to think maybe he was an ok guy after waiting for the goat farmers, he takes it all away with his smart mouth. Sorry that the rockers got sent home, I also wished they would have told you the outcome of the passports. I'm hoping that James and Jaymes will win it all. I would also be ok if Abby and Ryan win even though I didn't like that they went along with the twins about the money. I still can't believe that there were no repercussions from stealing the money from the Rockers. Loved when the one twin split her pants doing that dance, not once but twice. But, you have to admit she was a good sport about it and laughed it off.
Nohal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 04:14 PM   #227
Debbie
DIScovering DIS magic
WISHing my way to success!
Thought processes working overboard!
We have YOUR date so book it up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by robinb View Post
It makes me wonder if they should have started that process as soon as they realized that their passport was missing. I wonder if they were able to review the tape after they were eliminated and nail the cabbie who took their stuff.
I wondered about that, too. I would have been at the Embassy as soon as it opened, and gone back to open the clue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuzznBelle'smom View Post
I don't know why they couldn't use their down time to look for the passport, or at least contact the police/taxi company. But, maybe they couldn't because it would be participating in the race while it was rest time.

I'm sorry to see them go, they seem like great guys who were really enjoying themselves.

I guess I'm rooting for James and Jaymes--they just seem like genuinely nice people and good sports. It was hysterical watching the twinnies rip their pants.
Hmmm. Phil let them head out before they checked in, but maybe you are right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAB View Post
I don't think they will mention the passports again. I remember when the mother/son lost theirs in the cab one season they never mentioned that either, just the camera zooming in on it. I think read it after it as all over on line that they had to order another passport and it took 2 weeks to get. They didn't make the finally either because they had no passports.

I agree with everyone about James and Jamyes. Really liking them. Last night was nice to watch the other teams too. No one was screaming at each other. Lots of laughs.
I'd forgotten about that team missing the finale, waiting for a passport. (not a favourite team, so I didn't miss them )

I loved how they worked together the last two shows. And cocky one, who just KNEW that he got it right the first go...

šoš Lovin' the mouse from my Canadian house! šoš

offsite-'85
CBR-'90FWHomes-'94FWHomes-'97HIFS/BC-'99Dixie Landings-Jan. '00 (just the parents)HIFS/Dixie Landings-Aug.'00ASMu '01Courtyard by Marriott DTD '02Courtyard by Marriott DTD/Coronado Springs '03Wilderness Lodge-Marathon Weekend '05POP with youngest sister '05POP with FREE DINING '06ASMu with DH '07POP with youngest daughter '0825th anniversary trip at Poly '09POR (still Dixie in my heart) with DH '121 night Kidani Village before 7 night Disney Fantasy Cruise '13
Debbie is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-19-2012, 05:18 PM   #228
Kimberle
WL Vet

I wonder why they didn't show the start times. It seems like some teams were leaving before some had checked in. They haven't been this far apart since season 1. I was hoping they'd have found their passports.

If I was racing, I'd have my passport and money in a neck wallet under my clothes.
Sept 04 CR 14th fl Concierge Aug 06 Royal Pacific, Club Level Aug 07 AKL, Club Level Aug 08, POR Aug 09 Beach Club Dec 10, Xmas in Tahiti Aug 11, WL Aug 12, Hawaii Apr 13, BC July 14, HRH, CR-MK Club Level

Kimberle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 06:34 PM   #229
onelilspark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nohal View Post
Loved that Ryan took so long to do the time zone challenge. He is so cocky and I really hope that they don't win. Just when I was starting to think maybe he was an ok guy after waiting for the goat farmers, he takes it all away with his smart mouth. Sorry that the rockers got sent home, I also wished they would have told you the outcome of the passports. I'm hoping that James and Jaymes will win it all. I would also be ok if Abby and Ryan win even though I didn't like that they went along with the twins about the money. I still can't believe that there were no repercussions from stealing the money from the Rockers. Loved when the one twin split her pants doing that dance, not once but twice. But, you have to admit she was a good sport about it and laughed it off.
You're talking about the Texans. The only thing that Abby and Ryan have done that was questionable was race past the team that helped them on the first leg.
onelilspark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 08:00 PM   #230
dsneprincess
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by onelilspark

You're talking about the Texans. The only thing that Abby and Ryan have done that was questionable was race past the team that helped them on the first leg.
Agreed. The Texans conspired with the twinnies to steal the rockers money, not Abbie & Ryan. So, since I don't like the Twinnies & Texas (who I really liked until the aforementioned incident), I am hoping to see Chippies, Beckman boys & Abby/Ryan run for the money!
dsneprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 07:37 AM   #231
BuzznBelle'smom
There are tomato-ey paw prints all around the stove
I've never had it burn, and I do this regularly

Am I the only one who thought the twins' pants ripping was really just karma, biting them in the butt? Just putting it out there...
BuzznBelle'smom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 07:41 AM   #232
travelbug24
Searches for Hidden Mickey's in carbonated beverages.

Quote:
Am I the only one who thought the twins' pants ripping was really just karma, biting them in the butt? Just putting it out there...
You never know how Karma will be returned to you.
travelbug24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 07:43 AM   #233
OhMari
WDW PreTrip and Trip Moderator

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
I can't believe the goat farmers are still in it. I don't care for them, mostly because they seem so clueless and helpless. My money would totally be on the twins in a cage match with the goat boys.
This week was their strong week though. They nailed the challenges. To bad, they were so far behind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mkrop View Post
One had his all along, in his pocket. The one with the bad knee was the one who left it in the bag.
Wow, I didn't know this.

Next week looks good. Looks like Texans are on a plane that gets delayed again. They have to be 12 hrs behind and maybe it is to far behind to be on a plane with everyone else.
OhMari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 07:50 AM   #234
Mkrop
I just cant go on demand
Hi my name is Mkop and I am a cart leaver!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhMari View Post
This week was their strong week though. They nailed the challenges. To bad, they were so far behind.

Wow, I didn't know this.

Next week looks good. Looks like Texans are on a plane that gets delayed again. They have to be 12 hrs behind and maybe it is to far behind to be on a plane with everyone else.
I think you keep getting two teams confused. Abby and Ryan were shown in the teaser to get delayed again. The Texans came in first, worked with the Chippendales, and he wears all the Texas logo. They helped "steal" the money from the Rockers.
June 2008 Contemporary
Dec 2008 Boardwalk Inn
June 2009 Disneyland Hotel and DCA
Jan 2010 DVC Boardwalk Villas
Dec 2010 DVC BLT
July-Aug 2011 Disneyland Park Vue Inn
Dec 2011 DVC BW
July 2012 DVC BC
Dec 2013 DVC AKL/BW
Mkrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 09:18 AM   #235
It'sWDW4me
Fairly new... still gets a tag :)
HOLD THE PHONE!
I think it's easier to reason with a CHIMPANZEE than to reason with a tween/early teen!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debbie View Post
I wondered about that, too. I would have been at the Embassy as soon as it opened, and gone back to open the clue.

Hmmm. Phil let them head out before they checked in, but maybe you are right?

I'd forgotten about that team missing the finale, waiting for a passport. (not a favourite team, so I didn't miss them )

I loved how they worked together the last two shows. And cocky one, who just KNEW that he got it right the first go...
ITA! I loved that Ryan handed over his first answer sheet and then gathered everything up and started walking to the proctor to get his next clue. Hahaha he was just. so. SURE that he nailed it. I very literally laughed out loud watching him take his walk of shame back to the desk!

I'm so very bummed for the rockers. I was hoping for a miracle that they'd find their taxi and/or their stuff.

Now I'm rooting for the Chippies to win. Hopefully they'll get their heads straight dealing with next week's u-turn. It was nice to make an alliance but... c'mon guys... this is a RACE!!! The Texans would u-turn you guys in a heartbeat.

WDW Commando Member #120

Me; DS (17); Bear (6); Cosmo (6? He's a stray who found his home with us)

No more tickers for a very long while.

March 1986 - offsite; March 2002 - offsite; August 2006 - POP; August 2007 - OKW (free upgrade from ASMo!); August 2008 - POR; August 2010 - CBR ; August 2012 - DCL's Fantasy ; July 2013 - POP & 1st solo trip!
It'sWDW4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 09:19 AM   #236
mrsv98
Gracie's Mama
Loves those slider bags
Beware the Tails of Doom!
I couldn't believe the weeny little turkey!

I read a short interview with the rockers and Abba actually had two broken legs!!! He broke the tibia is both legs but thought it was just bad knees. Now I really wish they had been able to continue.

http://www.thedeadbolt.com/100302869...oken-legs.html

I also read another interview that talked about losing the passport and how it took 6 days to get it resolved.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/liv...ination-392013

I really like those guys! I was a Twinnie fan but no more after the money incident so now I am rooting for the goofy Chippendales. I thought they were too fluffy at first but they work really well together and have great attitudes.
mrsv98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 09:42 AM   #237
travelbug24
Searches for Hidden Mickey's in carbonated beverages.

Quote:
Originally Posted by It'sWDW4me View Post
Now I'm rooting for the Chippies to win. Hopefully they'll get their heads straight dealing with next week's u-turn. It was nice to make an alliance but... c'mon guys... this is a RACE!!! The Texans would u-turn you guys in a heartbeat.
I am rooting for Jame and Jaymes too. I liked their facebook page and their likes are way ahead of the twinnies.
travelbug24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 10:29 AM   #238
wowsmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsv98 View Post
I read a short interview with the rockers and Abba actually had two broken legs!!! He broke the tibia is both legs but thought it was just bad knees. Now I really wish they had been able to continue.

I also read another interview that talked about losing the passport and how it took 6 days to get it resolved.

I really like those guys! I was a Twinnie fan but no more after the money incident so now I am rooting for the goofy Chippendales. I thought they were too fluffy at first but they work really well together and have great attitudes.
Thanks so much for posting those....very interesting indeed!

I loved James & Abba too - they were my favorite from the start and I loved how they always had great attitudes, etc. I also used to like the Twinnies but no more...so am now rooting for the Chippendales.
wowsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 12:31 PM   #239
It'sWDW4me
Fairly new... still gets a tag :)
HOLD THE PHONE!
I think it's easier to reason with a CHIMPANZEE than to reason with a tween/early teen!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsv98 View Post

Thanks for posting those links. I love the interview on the HollywoodReporter site - it really shows that those two "long hair, don't care" guys are first-rate! I'm still really sorry that they were robbed and wound up leaving the race because of it.

WDW Commando Member #120

Me; DS (17); Bear (6); Cosmo (6? He's a stray who found his home with us)

No more tickers for a very long while.

March 1986 - offsite; March 2002 - offsite; August 2006 - POP; August 2007 - OKW (free upgrade from ASMo!); August 2008 - POR; August 2010 - CBR ; August 2012 - DCL's Fantasy ; July 2013 - POP & 1st solo trip!
It'sWDW4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 12:43 PM   #240
dsneprincess
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by It'sWDW4me

Thanks for posting those links. I love the interview on the HollywoodReporter site - it really shows that those two "long hair, don't care" guys are first-rate! I'm still really sorry that they were robbed and wound up leaving the race because of it.
Agreed. I loved the articles & am thrilled to know what happened to them. I love that they keep correcting the "lost" with "stolen". Their race ended due to thievery. They were my favorites from the beginning, so now I also move to the Chippendales section. Go James & Jaymes!!!
dsneprincess is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: