Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-12-2012, 10:37 AM   #196
onelilspark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelbug24 View Post
I saw the first 40 minutes and didn't see the end. Next week's show is a continuation of this one?
Yes. LAME
onelilspark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 11:25 AM   #197
khertz
Proud member of the WHO DAT NATION!!

I was never a huge fan of the rockers, but man, what a crappy way to go out if that is what ends up happening! Though they aren't my favorites, I'd definitely rather see them pull off a win before some of the other teams that are still left. Hopefully by some miracle they can get their stuff back.

I haven't watched all of the seasons of AR, only the last few since Jeff & Jordan were on it, but I do have a question. Say this had never happened with the rockers and they checked in as usual. If the last 2 teams stay together and hit the mat at the same time, how does that work for elimination? Or even if it's a non-elimination leg, who gets the Speed Bump?

I was personally pretty surprised that Abbie & Ryan decided to stay and support the Beekman boys until they completed the challenge. I could have totally seen them agreeing to run the leg together and abandoning the guys when they completed the synchronized swimming task.
JULY 1994 // Offsite & Universal Studios & Busch Gardens | APRIL 1998 // All Star Music & Universal Studios |FEBRUARY 2001 // All Star Music & Universal | MARCH 2003 // All Star Music & Universal // Hard Rock Hotel | FEBRUARY 2004 // All Star Music & Universal // Royal Pacific & Sea World | OCTOBER 2007 (Disneymoon!) // Port Orleans French Quarter & Universal Studios // Royal Pacific | DECEMBER 2009 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/ TR | JULY/AUGUST 2010 // Wyndham Cypress Palms TR | NOVEMBER 2011 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | MAY 2012 // Disneyland // Wyndham Dolphin's Cove TR | AUGUST 2012 // Disneyland 5 Year Anniversary Trip // Peacock Suites TR | OCTOBER 2012 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | OCTOBER 2013 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek & Universal // Royal Pacific PTR/TR | MAY 2014 // Wilderness Lodge TR | SEPTEMBER 2014 // ABD DIS Exclusive Viva Italia & Disneyland Paris Show No Fear! DIS Exclusive Viva Italia + DLP Sept 2014
khertz is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-12-2012, 11:25 AM   #198
pkondz
Hoping to get lucky
Bow-chicka-bow-wow!

They did show in next week's highlights a clip where the rockers are using somebody's phone. I'm hoping they're calling the cab company and getting their stuff back. They probably have time.

Teenage Mutant Backseat Dancers - A Canadian Buffoon Adventure
Canadian Buffoon's Vacation - PTR/mini TR
Canadian Buffoon European Vacation
Just a silly little TR - run away!

1977 - offsite 1987 - offsite 1992 - offsite 2005 - POR (never going offsite again!!!) 2009 - ASMu
pkondz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 11:27 AM   #199
pkondz
Hoping to get lucky
Bow-chicka-bow-wow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by khertz View Post
If the last 2 teams stay together and hit the mat at the same time, how does that work for elimination? Or even if it's a non-elimination leg, who gets the Speed Bump?
I'd laugh if they were told, "You're all the last teams to arrive. I'm sorry to tell you that all four of you have been eliminated from the race."

Teenage Mutant Backseat Dancers - A Canadian Buffoon Adventure
Canadian Buffoon's Vacation - PTR/mini TR
Canadian Buffoon European Vacation
Just a silly little TR - run away!

1977 - offsite 1987 - offsite 1992 - offsite 2005 - POR (never going offsite again!!!) 2009 - ASMu
pkondz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 11:32 AM   #200
khertz
Proud member of the WHO DAT NATION!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkondz View Post
I'd laugh if they were told, "You're all the last teams to arrive. I'm sorry to tell you that all four of you have been eliminated from the race."
"...you big dummies."

JULY 1994 // Offsite & Universal Studios & Busch Gardens | APRIL 1998 // All Star Music & Universal Studios |FEBRUARY 2001 // All Star Music & Universal | MARCH 2003 // All Star Music & Universal // Hard Rock Hotel | FEBRUARY 2004 // All Star Music & Universal // Royal Pacific & Sea World | OCTOBER 2007 (Disneymoon!) // Port Orleans French Quarter & Universal Studios // Royal Pacific | DECEMBER 2009 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/ TR | JULY/AUGUST 2010 // Wyndham Cypress Palms TR | NOVEMBER 2011 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | MAY 2012 // Disneyland // Wyndham Dolphin's Cove TR | AUGUST 2012 // Disneyland 5 Year Anniversary Trip // Peacock Suites TR | OCTOBER 2012 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | OCTOBER 2013 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek & Universal // Royal Pacific PTR/TR | MAY 2014 // Wilderness Lodge TR | SEPTEMBER 2014 // ABD DIS Exclusive Viva Italia & Disneyland Paris Show No Fear! DIS Exclusive Viva Italia + DLP Sept 2014
khertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 11:33 AM   #201
robinb
DIS Veteran

So what did the Twins do wrong at the Tree of Love? I couldn't figure it out.
Old 11-12-2012, 12:13 PM   #202
gometros
WDWWDS Chief Weapons Inspector and Cruise Captain
Solemnly swears always to leave the tagging to the experts!! :p

I respect what Abbie and Ryan did to a point. Once they finished the swimming challenge and decided to wait for the farmers, I was surprised. They're going to have a lot of trouble finishing that challenge with no swimming skills.

gometros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 04:26 PM   #203
OhMari
WDW PreTrip and Trip Moderator

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by robinb View Post
So what did the Twins do wrong at the Tree of Love? I couldn't figure it out.
It really was confusing. But I think when the first key was found to open the lock, the next key in the chain of keys opened the next lock, etc., I think one of the twins said it took them over an hour to figure it out.

James and Jaimes have my vote now. I like how James told the twins not to use their fast pass and save it because the other 2 teams were so far behind. I wonder how long they were really in that pool. Ballet swimming is really hard and to learn a routine, I was thinking they had to be there at least 6 hours.
OhMari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 07:36 AM   #204
lovin'fl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhMari View Post
I wonder how long they were really in that pool. Ballet swimming is really hard and to learn a routine, I was thinking they had to be there at least 6 hours.
Yup...I would have done the library and toughed that out before ever even thinking about water ballet...yikes! Kudos to the teams that did it.
lovin'fl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 12:53 PM   #205
princessbride6205
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhMari View Post
It really was confusing. But I think when the first key was found to open the lock, the next key in the chain of keys opened the next lock, etc., I think one of the twins said it took them over an hour to figure it out.

James and Jaimes have my vote now. I like how James told the twins not to use their fast pass and save it because the other 2 teams were so far behind. I wonder how long they were really in that pool. Ballet swimming is really hard and to learn a routine, I was thinking they had to be there at least 6 hours.
Me too! They are my new favorites! I like them more and more with every challenge. I am enjoying the Texas team as well, and I'm impressed at how well they are doing in the race.
I'm not sure which challenge I would have picked. I have a dance background but I also know the Russian alphabet - so I think it would come down to what my partner felt more comfortable with.
2013 WDW Marathon * 2013 Dumbo Double Dare / Coast to Coast! * 2013 Wine & Dine
2014 WDW Half * 2014 Glass Slipper * Next up: 2015 Goofy!
princessbride6205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 07:37 PM   #206
shinysparklybubbles
DIS Veteran

Alright, what the heck. Amazing race is supposed to be on and it's some crap about college football. (Apologies to anyone who enjoys college ball, I just want my amazing race!)
Old 11-18-2012, 07:48 PM   #207
Debbie
DIScovering DIS magic
WISHing my way to success!
Thought processes working overboard!
We have YOUR date so book it up!

We got AR early tonight, due to Music Awards being shown at 8:00. Then when I flipped to CBS, and 60 Minutes hadn't even started, I said a to the CTV execs!
One interesting thing....they didn't show the times that the teams left this week.

šoš Lovin' the mouse from my Canadian house! šoš

offsite-'85
CBR-'90FWHomes-'94FWHomes-'97HIFS/BC-'99Dixie Landings-Jan. '00 (just the parents)HIFS/Dixie Landings-Aug.'00ASMu '01Courtyard by Marriott DTD '02Courtyard by Marriott DTD/Coronado Springs '03Wilderness Lodge-Marathon Weekend '05POP with youngest sister '05POP with FREE DINING '06ASMu with DH '07POP with youngest daughter '0825th anniversary trip at Poly '09POR (still Dixie in my heart) with DH '121 night Kidani Village before 7 night Disney Fantasy Cruise '13
Debbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 08:12 PM   #208
onelilspark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debbie View Post
We got AR early tonight, due to Music Awards being shown at 8:00. Then when I flipped to CBS, and 60 Minutes hadn't even started, I said a to the CTV execs!
One interesting thing....they didn't show the times that the teams left this week.
I noticed they didn't show us!

But the Academy opened at 10am, so that gives us a little bit of an idea.

This week's episode is unintentionally hilarious. The twin's driver wanting to take them to McDonald's and the James' driver taking his time as he had a cigarette, coffee, and pastry.

Last edited by onelilspark; 11-18-2012 at 08:22 PM.
onelilspark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 08:44 PM   #209
Dee77
DIS Veteran

I am still lol literally from when they showed the split heard round the world... That made this whole season of them and their "twinnie... twinnie" crap so worth it.

Nov 2008 SSR Studio, Dec 2009 OKW 2 Bedroom, Nov/Dec 2010 SSR 2 Bedroom, May 2011 BCV 1 Bedroom, Nov 2011 OKW 2 Bedroom,
Aug 2012 OKW 2 Bedroom, Aug 2013 OKW 1 Bedroom, Jan/Feb 2014 SSR 1 Bedroom, Aug 2014 OKW 2 Bedroom, Aug 2015 OKW 3 Bedroom GV
Dee77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 08:50 PM   #210
declansdad
DIS Dad#639
Still waiting for his first one

disappointing.
ASM - March 2004 --- POP - July 2005 --- POP and the Poly - August 2007 --- CBR - Aug 2008 --- POFQ August 2009--- POP Christmas 2010--- POFQ Aug 2011 --- Disney Dream and MK March 2013 --- EPCOT F&G March 2013 --- Pop July 2013 --- AK March 2014

me dw (pooksma) ds
DIS Dads Club Member #639

Our WDW photos on Photobucket, Our WDW photos on Flickr

declansdad is online now   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: