Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-05-2012, 11:06 PM   #181
pkondz
Hoping to get lucky
Bow-chicka-bow-wow!

I was blown away by the generosity of the people of Bangladesh. For a country that seems to have so little, they still gave when it was needed.

Amazing, really.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhMari View Post
The twins made me angry, and it was just like "It's a Wonderful Life" when the grumpy banker found the money in the newspaper and he knew it was Bailey's Savings and Loan money. It was amazing how Abba and his partner were able to get money given to them, from the poorest people in the Nation.
That's right! There are not too many people that are hated more than Mr. Potter... and the twins just did the same thing.

Race or no race, you just don't do that.

Teenage Mutant Backseat Dancers - A Canadian Buffoon Adventure
Canadian Buffoon's Vacation - PTR/mini TR
Canadian Buffoon European Vacation
Just a silly little TR - run away!

1977 - offsite 1987 - offsite 1992 - offsite 2005 - POR (never going offsite again!!!) 2009 - ASMu
pkondz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 01:55 AM   #182
LBIJim
DIS Veteran

Quote:
The twins made me angry, and it was just like "It's a Wonderful Life" when the grumpy banker found the money in the newspaper and he knew it was Bailey's Savings and Loan money. It was amazing how Abba and his partner were able to get money given to them, from the poorest people in the Nation.
It appears the people who gave the Rockers the money were far from the poorest people in Bangladesh. They went looking for more prosperous people. It's likely that the woman who spoke English so well is highly educated and relatively well off. Plus the appeal of the TV cameras and having 10 seconds of fame cannot be overlooked.

Forget about a penalty for taking the money. Why didn't Trey get eliminated for wearing those too-short Texas state flag shorts? Nothing against Texas, but those shorts were hideous.

Another questionable fashion choice: wearing a souvenir Bangladesh T-shirt seems kind of wrong to me.

That bazaar where they sold the juice didn't look exotic or exciting. Just a Turkish version of any antiseptic, soulless, sterile American shopping mall.

Jim
LBIJim is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-06-2012, 05:58 AM   #183
Nancyg56
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FayeW View Post
I totally thought there were going to be penalties tonight.
I had hoped that there would be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by onelilspark View Post
I can't believe they just took the money...they knew who it belonged to.

I am SO HAPPY to see the Monster Truck guy sent home. After his outburst that the boat driver just cost him a million dollars, I just had this total disdain for him. I didn't mind the wife, but he just needed to go.

I can't wait to see the next episode. I feel so bad for the Rockers!
I have never liked the Twinnies, they grate on my nerves with their incessant shrieking. Now I abhor them. Don't these people understand that this is on television and that the behaviors they display while racing go home with them? Would you hire a thief?

Thank goodness the monster truckers are gone!
Old 11-06-2012, 09:42 AM   #184
robinb
DIS Veteran

Bummer about the twins. That was not cool. Was that Texas who conspired with them? They are just as guilty since they didn't say anything and they took half the money.
Old 11-06-2012, 10:24 AM   #185
MIGrandma
A woman is like a tea bag. You never know how strong she is until she's in hot water~Eleanor Roosevelt
I have a toilet problem
33 people looked, and not one followed the rule!

I liked the twins, until they stole the money last night. A PP said they didn't steal it, yes they did. The money was not theirs and they KNEW who it belonged to, they took it, they stole it. I will not root for thieves. And I was so disappointed in Trey and Lexi for going along with it. They had been the team I was rooting for most, but no more. Both of those teams need to go home ASAP.

I am rooting for Chippendale guys, and the rocker/lawyer guys who had their money stolen from them.
Old 11-06-2012, 01:26 PM   #186
OhMari
WDW PreTrip and Trip Moderator

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIGrandma View Post
I liked the twins, until they stole the money last night. A PP said they didn't steal it, yes they did. The money was not theirs and they KNEW who it belonged to, they took it, they stole it. I will not root for thieves. And I was so disappointed in Trey and Lexi for going along with it. They had been the team I was rooting for most, but no more. Both of those teams need to go home ASAP.

I am rooting for Chippendale guys, and the rocker/lawyer guys who had their money stolen from them.
Yep, feel the same way. I follow The Amazing Race on Facebook and each week you have to answer a question on their page to get entered into the drawing for the Ford car. Anyways, they asked how you felt about the Twins not giving the money back. 99.9% of the people thought it was wrong. One person was so mad that they even asked that question and questioned The Amazing Race why they would even ask such a stupid questions.

My dh and sons were in Vegas last week and my son told me their are billboards signs with James and Jamieson picture with The Amazing Race advertisements. I asked my son if he went to their show I would of went, darn.
OhMari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 06:57 PM   #187
daemom
DIS Veteran

Sometimes there are teams that you like or dislike immediately. This season I've been on the fence about most of them--only recently warming to a few (including the twinnies). But stealing? It's definitely given me a picture of the teams that I DON'T want to win! I'm rooting for the rockers now!

Last edited by daemom; 11-07-2012 at 07:02 PM. Reason: typo
daemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 09:52 PM   #188
onelilspark
DIS Veteran

Lamest end ever.
onelilspark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 06:23 AM   #189
Kimberle
WL Vet

I missed the first part of the show last night. What happened that the 2 teams where on a plane 9 hours late? I was very impressed at how they committed to working together. I was not a big fan of one of the teams prior. I'm seeing them in a new light. I sure hope the rockers find their stuff. They have about 8 hours to do so considering 2 teams are 9 hours behind.
Sept 04 CR 14th fl Concierge Aug 06 Royal Pacific, Club Level Aug 07 AKL, Club Level Aug 08, POR Aug 09 Beach Club Dec 10, Xmas in Tahiti Aug 11, WL Aug 12, Hawaii Apr 13, BC July 14, HRH, CR-MK Club Level
Kimberle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 07:15 AM   #190
NAB
That first page just got too heavy
Maybe I am the gloved one and have an inside scoop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimberle View Post
I missed the first part of the show last night. What happened that the 2 teams where on a plane 9 hours late? I was very impressed at how they committed to working together. I was not a big fan of one of the teams prior. I'm seeing them in a new light. I sure hope the rockers find their stuff. They have about 8 hours to do so considering 2 teams are 9 hours behind.
They were on the same plane and missed their connecting one, which was suppose to get in at 4:00 am but had to wait until 3 the next afternoon.

Which made it really hard to put a time line on when they got to the pool etc. to when the rockers were at the mat.
NAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 09:13 AM   #191
OhMari
WDW PreTrip and Trip Moderator

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAB View Post
They were on the same plane and missed their connecting one, which was suppose to get in at 4:00 am but had to wait until 3 the next afternoon.

Which made it really hard to put a time line on when they got to the pool etc. to when the rockers were at the mat.
They must have gotten in around 4:00, because they wanted to do the Library Roadblock, but someone read the Library closed at 4:00.

I have a feeling the Rockers are going home and those 2 teams are going to find out they are still in the race. It is obvious that one of the guys cannot do the water ballet. They should of just left with the other team and taken the penalty.
OhMari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 09:15 AM   #192
NAB
That first page just got too heavy
Maybe I am the gloved one and have an inside scoop

Quote:
They must have gotten in around 4:00, because they wanted to do the Library Roadblock, but someone read the Library closed at 4:00.

I have a feeling the Rockers are going home and those 2 teams are going to find out they are still in the race. It is obvious that one of the guys cannot do the water ballet. They should of just left with the other team and taken the penalty.
They had to get to the museum and then to those two men in the red to get the library clue. So we really only know that it is after 4:00 then, how much who knows.

I am thinking the rockers are out too unless someone hands in there stuff.
NAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 09:45 AM   #193
lovin'fl
DIS Veteran

So sad...I really don't want the rockers to be out. I hope they get their stuff back and I am thinking they will. I also don't really want the 2 teams who missed their flight to be out....really wanted the twins out the most. Of the 2 teams still at the pool...I would rather Ryan and Abby be out but I think the Beekman boys will tell them to go ahead when they can't do the water challenge. I can't see the Beekman boys going too much farther anyway. I still am most rooting for the Rockers and then the Chippies...but after them I still like the Texans and then the Beekman Boys...then Abby and Ryan (though last night's episode did make them more likable to me...so they may move up on my list)...last are the Twinnies.
lovin'fl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 10:37 AM   #194
Music City Mama
DIS Veteran

I'm thinking (or hoping) that James/Abba will get their stuff back. I do know that Abby and Ryan are definitely still in it because they showed them in next week's previews.

I can't stand the twins. I never liked them to begin with, but I will never be able to get past the stealing. Even if that hadn't happened, I don't think there is anything likeable about them. They're hard workers, but they don't have an ounce of humility -- they think a little too highly of themselves -- huge turn off, IMO.
Music City Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 11:32 AM   #195
travelbug24
Searches for Hidden Mickey's in carbonated beverages.

I saw the first 40 minutes and didn't see the end. Next week's show is a continuation of this one?
travelbug24 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: