Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-05-2012, 09:39 AM   #166
OhMari
WDW PreTrip and Trip Moderator

DISboards Moderator

My team was the twins.
I didn't get the comment when one of them said,
"Texan's are Christian" let them feel guilty?"-like that was suppose to make it okay?
OhMari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 12:58 PM   #167
Mkrop
I just cant go on demand
Hi my name is Mkop and I am a cart leaver!

Race and win because you are the better team, dont resort to dirty tricks like that Twinnies....shameful. It would be different if they didnt have a clue whose the money was, but they did.
June 2008 Contemporary
Dec 2008 Boardwalk Inn
June 2009 Disneyland Hotel and DCA
Jan 2010 DVC Boardwalk Villas
Dec 2010 DVC BLT
July-Aug 2011 Disneyland Park Vue Inn
Dec 2011 DVC BW
July 2012 DVC BC
Dec 2013 DVC AKL/BW
Aug 2014 DVC DCA
Mkrop is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-05-2012, 01:21 PM   #168
BuzznBelle'smom
There are tomato-ey paw prints all around the stove
I've never had it burn, and I do this regularly

I agree with everyone else on the twins. That was a terrible thing to do, and I'm surprised they weren't called out on it. I remember the time one team deliberately sabotaged something--it was several seasons back, they had to assembly bicycles (I think). They were called out on it. That was just as sleazy as this. I'm okay with lying, or misdirection, but stealing is just plain wrong.
BuzznBelle'smom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 01:22 PM   #169
daemom
DIS Veteran

Like most of you, I'm not happy with the way that the "twinnies" played the game with the money situation. They should have left it--they didn't have to point out that the guys had left the money, but they shouldn't have touched it. I was warming to them until this point. And I do think it was stealing even though they didn't stick their hands into the bag to get it--it wasn't their money, it didn't belong to them-- they should have left it.
daemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 01:40 PM   #170
onelilspark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by daemom View Post
Like most of you, I'm not happy with the way that the "twinnies" played the game with the money situation. They should have left it--they didn't have to point out that the guys had left the money, but they shouldn't have touched it. I was warming to them until this point. And I do think it was stealing even though they didn't stick their hands into the bag to get it--it wasn't their money, it didn't belong to them-- they should have left it.
AND they knew who it belonged to!

Geez - we found $40 bucks on the floor at Disneyland. We looked around for 15 minutes for the family who was there before us until we gave up!
onelilspark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 02:37 PM   #171
Sorsha
People, don't be like the chickens

Like everyone else, I am thoroughly out of sorts with Twinnies and Texas. Keeping the money when they knew who it belonged to is inexcusable. If it were me, even if I didn't know who it belonged to, I would be asking each of the teams "Hey did you guys lose some money? We found some..." Phil definitely should have called them out on it, if not downright penalized them.

Mind you, I am never a fan of people who race in a dishonest way. You should win on your skills/luck alone. For instance, I am OK with people making alliances with other teams, but then have the common courtesy to tell them "Alliance over, we won't be sharing any more info" when there is no more alliance. Also, if you find something or some place, and another team asks you where it is, either tell them the truth or say "Sorry, we're racing, we choose not to share that info with you."

Race with integrity, dang it!!

James and Abba, or Chippendales All the Way!

"My kids' through the years at Disney parks" video!
Sorsha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 02:42 PM   #172
ibob52
Original Mickey Mouse Club ... Mouseketeer

Finders Keepers Losers Weepers
Does Not Apply

It's a Dog eat Dog world out there

Disney is my Happy ~ Place
ibob52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 02:47 PM   #173
lovin'fl
DIS Veteran

Ok...I am late to the party, but I too was not happy to see the Twins and Texans steal the Rockers money. They are off my like list now. Now I am rooting for the Rockers, Chippies and the Beekman Boys. And Ryan gets on my nerves with all his negative comments about the other teams...like the 2 brain cells comment...elitist much?!?
lovin'fl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 02:48 PM   #174
It'sWDW4me
Fairly new... still gets a tag :)
HOLD THE PHONE!
I think it's easier to reason with a CHIMPANZEE than to reason with a tween/early teen!

Up until this past leg, I was slowly warming to the Twinnies. Their incessant "go twinnie" was grating but I liked their support of each other and their grit and determination.

And then they have to go and steal someone's money.

I sincerely hope karma comes back to bite them twofold.

Be gone twinnies!!

WDW Commando Member #120

Me; DS (18); Bear (7); Cosmo (7? He's a stray who found his home with us)

No more tickers for a very long while.

March 1986 - offsite; March 2002 - offsite; August 2006 - POP; August 2007 - OKW (free upgrade from ASMo!); August 2008 - POR; August 2010 - CBR ; August 2012 - DCL's Fantasy ; July 2013 - POP & 1st solo trip!
It'sWDW4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 02:59 PM   #175
lovin'fl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FayeW View Post
I totally thought there were going to be penalties tonight.
I did too...what's up with that?
lovin'fl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 06:07 PM   #176
OhMari
WDW PreTrip and Trip Moderator

DISboards Moderator

The twins made me angry, and it was just like "It's a Wonderful Life" when the grumpy banker found the money in the newspaper and he knew it was Bailey's Savings and Loan money. It was amazing how Abba and his partner were able to get money given to them, from the poorest people in the Nation.
OhMari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 06:41 PM   #177
Nohal
DIS Veteran

I haven't liked the twins since the beginning. I felt they were to full of themselves. They were just starting to grow on me because of the way they work together (even though they were annoying), but now they can go home at any time (like the next elimination). I can't believe they weren't called out on it and was surprised when the other team went along with them. Glad the monster truck team went home didn't like him at all.
Nohal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 06:53 PM   #178
linnell
DIS Veteran

I've been watching this season with my 6yo, it is the first "grown up" show he has been interested in watching. After this past episode we had a long discussion about the money and what the right thing to do was (obviously return it). The Twins were my favorite team and he liked the Monster truck couple, so now we are both searching for new favorites. I think I am cheering for the long haired dudes now.

linnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 07:00 PM   #179
RunningGirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhMari View Post
The twins made me angry, and it was just like "It's a Wonderful Life" when the grumpy banker found the money in the newspaper and he knew it was Bailey's Savings and Loan money. It was amazing how Abba and his partner were able to get money given to them, from the poorest people in the Nation.
Ha - very good!

I can't believe that they took the money WHILE THE ROCKERS WERE STILL THERE!!! That, IMO, made it out-and-out stealing. If the Rockers had left, and left the money behind, it wouldn't be quite as bad. But the Rockers looked for their money; had the Twinnies left it alone, they would have found it.

Texas used to be my favorite, but not anymore after going along with that theft. I'm not sure who I'm rooting for.
RunningGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 09:45 PM   #180
PixieDust32
♥ Live ♥ Love♥ Disney ♥

I used to like the twins because they are entertaining to watch but the whole thing with the money was disgusting. You don't do that to someone, the rockers are nice guys, they respect everybody they are there to play the game. Shame on them and it will comeback to bite them. And Texas had the face to talk to them and not tell them, they took the money, they were part of it. Shame. I hope the rockers win.

Instagram: roxyy39

PixieDust32 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: