Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-30-2012, 09:40 PM   #16
lynypixie
Mouseketeer
 
lynypixie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Close to Montréal, Qc, Canada
Posts: 374

It's my kids first Disney trip, if that can be considered a celebration. The closest birthday will be two weeks before our trip.

But there are no official celebrations planned. I'd like to go for our 10th anniversary in 2014, but I can't even imagine going there without my kids, so we might just spend a night in Québec city while my mom takes the kids overnight.
__________________
My WDW french invasion on video! featuring BBB (even on a boy)for those interested.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aBrW8...kt33Ew&index=1



DH (31), me(30), DS6, DD4 and DD2

2004 bachelorette party (offsite), 2005 with DH (offsite), 2006 quick visit to DLP. 2013 AOA LK suite with all the kids!
lynypixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 09:41 PM   #17
nolanboys
DIS Veteran
 
nolanboys's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Wauconda, IL
Posts: 1,692

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayGan View Post
I'm sooooo excited to be celebrating my 40th birthday in my happy place! I will probably cry when I get to ride Splash on my birthday (& in my tiara )
I'll be there to celebrate my 40th too. We are going for 9 nights - can't wait!
__________________
DWDH:DS(14)DS(14)D S(12)DS(9)
nolanboys is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 09-30-2012, 09:43 PM   #18
Sweet Melissa
DIS Veteran
 
Sweet Melissa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 2,331

Our engagement, I guess. Our next visit has two purposes: to enjoy the Food & Wine Festival and to meet our wedding planner and view ceremony and reception locations at the Swan and Dolphin.
__________________

♥ Melissa
Last Visit: November 2013 - Wedding/Honeymoon! Old Key West & Kidani
Next Visit: June 2015 - Disneyland
Sweet Melissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 09:43 PM   #19
rentayenta

There's never enough vacation time
I'm always thinking about it
I can't imagine being in it alone
 
rentayenta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Utah
Posts: 24,478

Our trip, in just 13 days, is to celebrate DD's bat mitzvah. She asked for a family trip to WDW and to bring her best friend instead of having the typical large party. We are more than okay with that.
__________________
me DH DD17 DD15 DS13 Lily Guinness

You light 'em, they fight 'em. A DVC/Disneyland Resort PTR
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post51407145
You bet your aft we had a good time: a Disney Wonder trip report
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3260751





rentayenta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 09:47 PM   #20
softballmom3
DIS Veteran
 
softballmom3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: KY
Posts: 1,386

We will be celebrating our 20th Anniversary and my inlaws will be celebrating their 48th Anniversary . It's kind of a family trip!
__________________
Always planning another trip......

1977 Heck...I don't remember, I was 4 .
2002 Holiday Inn Family Suites (Nick hotel now)
2007 Pop Century
2010 Windsor Hills
2011 POR
2013 Wilderness Lodge/POR/CSR
2013 Pop Century
2014 POFQ x 2
2015 POFQ
softballmom3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 10:43 PM   #21
2012DisneyWorldBride
I was a Disney Bride on 12.8.12
I put ketchup on my ketchup
 
2012DisneyWorldBride's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,481

In December when we go we are getting married at the wedding pavilion and having our reception at Grand Floridian and staying at Grand Floridian for our honeymoon after!!!! Getting sooooooooooo excited!
__________________

Michelle & Jeff's 12/8/12 Disney Wishes Wedding WP/GF/DP Morocco - Planning Journal and Trip Report!!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2850449
Our Wedding / Honeymoon Trip - 8 Day Deluxe Dining Plan Review With Pictures!!! Didn't finish...
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3037533
Michelle - Jeff (DH) - Chanel (Maltese Puppy)
Disney Trips: AP - for as long as I can remember - AKL 8/2011, GF 12/2012 & AKL 12/2012, CBR 9/2013 & GF 12/2013, CBR 8/2014 & GF 12/2014
2012DisneyWorldBride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 11:00 PM   #22
JStiffler
Mouseketeer
 
JStiffler's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Greeece, NY
Posts: 160

We will be there in 22 days to celebrate DD and my birthdays as well as her first trip. She will be 5 this month.
JStiffler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 11:28 PM   #23
Starclassic
‎"The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing." ~Walt Disney
 
Starclassic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 1,804

We're going in February and we'll be celebrating our 6th year (dating) anniversary and Valentine's Day.
__________________

Feb.2012 ASMu, Feb.2013 ASMu, Feb.2015 Pop

Starclassic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 11:53 PM   #24
ryalluvdiz
Mouseketeer
 
ryalluvdiz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 458

In june we will be celebrating two kids graduating from elementary school to middle school and two others making first communion. We also have a june birthday to celebrate... And wait,the best one.... Another school year is over for me the teacher! Can't wait to celebrate for those two weeks at the World!
__________________
ryalluvdiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 12:23 AM   #25
jmenjes
Mouseketeer
 
jmenjes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: 200 miles south of the World
Posts: 171

I'll be celebrating my first ever visit to the World for the holidays for my trip the weekend after Thanksgiving.
__________________
12/14 Pop Century -- 12/13 All Star Movies -- 11-12/12 All Star Sports/AKL Jambo House
2/12, 10/11, 4/11, 4/09, 4/08, 4/07 Pop Century -- 4/06, 4/05 All Star Sports
00 Offsite -- 11/99 Fort Wilderness
Before 99 -- Lost count along the way
jmenjes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 12:33 AM   #26
Vicky2jeff
Earning My Ears
 
Vicky2jeff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 74

In 194 days we will be celebrating our 6th wedding anniversary and Disneyworld and 4 days after that our oldest son will hit double digits on the Disney Fantasy!! Excellent 10th birthday present we think...:-)
__________________
Vicky2jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 12:38 AM   #27
MissPrice
Treguna, Makoidees, Trecorum, Sadis Dee!
 
MissPrice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Rockville, MD
Posts: 798

My DH and I will be celebrating our 5th wedding anniversary and my graduation from Nursing School!!! Yay. 10 more weeks until graduation, 98 days till WDW.
__________________
MissPrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 12:54 AM   #28
MouseEarsForAll
Oh snap! I get to hold the trophy?!
 
MouseEarsForAll's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: I am in this world, but I am not of it.
Posts: 2,225

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRoyalPaynes
Husband and I are going down for a quick trip in a few weeks to celebrate my 40th birthday and a belated 20th wedding anniversary.
Awesome! Congrats!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DekrRini
My 60th birthday in December. Not looking forward to turning 60, but I AM looking forward to my trip.
Hey, isn't that like a diamond birthday or something?

Quote:
Originally Posted by canopynut66
28 more days and we will be celebrating my DS and DBL 34 years of wedded bliss and my 69th birthday....
Congratulations!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leota
We'll be celebrating the realization of a long time dream - going as Snow Bird Orlando area residents!
Yeah for snow birds!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyDanielle85
We'll be going down 30 days from today and my DF will then be my DH and we will be celebrating our honeymoon after our 10/27 Disney at Home Wedding
Congratulations! I hope you have a wonderful wedding and honeymoon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellaally
My husband gifted me our first trip to the world for my 25th birthday, this December.
Awesome! I don't know if I'll ever make it to WDW for my birthday (too doggone crowded).

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonFaerie
Our trip later this week - DS's birthday, which is today.

My Feb trip - I will be celebrating finishing the princess half marathon.
Two celebrations with two trips - love it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustMeFran
2-10 January 2013 we will be going to celebrate our daughters 6th birthday and her SUCCESSFUL open heart surgery!
WooHoo!!

-Fran =)
Now that definitely deserves a HUGE CONGRATS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayGan
I'm sooooo excited to be celebrating my 40th birthday in my happy place! I will probably cry when I get to ride Splash on my birthday (& in my tiara )
Woohoo, the big 4-0!

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex9179
I put it in my ticker! Our 11th wedding anniversary and 2 yr anniversary as a family of 5.

I wanted to go last year for our 10th and 1st, but DH has to put his vacation requests in the year before taking them and we weren't able to coordinate that.

The kids don't know. We're going to string them along as long as possible
Ooh, surprises! Hope it turns out great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by glaserjm
In 19 days we will be celebrating our 5th wedding anniversary...which is supposed to be "wood". We got confused and thought it was "world" so thought a WDW trip was a no-brainer

Posted from DISboards.com App for Android
LOL, congrats on a half-decade of marriage! Sounds even better with the decade in there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cdnmom6
My son's fifth birthday on December 10th! Can't wait, 69 sleeps!!
He's been alive for half a decade, seems longer that way, huh? Happy early birthday!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrewsminustwo
In 18 days we will be at the world celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary....
Congratulations on your 25th! Here's to many more!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GovieMom

Happy Anniversary! We'll be arriving October 27 to celebrate our 25th as well.
Almost to fifty! Congrats!
__________________
To love is to obey. To obey is to live.

Walt Disney World - 2004

Walt Disney World - 2005

Disclaimer: Now, you tell me McD's is coming back, I'm a passionate "Uh, yeah!"

MouseEarsForAll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 01:03 AM   #29
MouseEarsForAll
Oh snap! I get to hold the trophy?!
 
MouseEarsForAll's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: I am in this world, but I am not of it.
Posts: 2,225

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynypixie
It's my kids first Disney trip, if that can be considered a celebration. The closest birthday will be two weeks before our trip.

But there are no official celebrations planned. I'd like to go for our 10th anniversary in 2014, but I can't even imagine going there without my kids, so we might just spend a night in Québec city while my mom takes the kids overnight.
Of course that's a celebration! Congrats! Wish I'd known about the 1st trip buttons back in 2004!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolanboys

I'll be there to celebrate my 40th too. We are going for 9 nights - can't wait!
Happy birthday!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Melissa
Our engagement, I guess. Our next visit has two purposes: to enjoy the Food & Wine Festival and to meet our wedding planner and view ceremony and reception locations at the Swan and Dolphin.
Awesome! Congratulations on your engagement, I guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta
Our trip, in just 13 days, is to celebrate DD's bat mitzvah. She asked for a family trip to WDW and to bring her best friend instead of having the typical large party. We are more than okay with that.
Congratulations on your DD's bat mitzvah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by softballmom3
We will be celebrating our 20th Anniversary and my inlaws will be celebrating their 48th Anniversary . It's kind of a family trip!
Congrats! Hope you all have wonderful anniversaries!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012DisneyWorldBride
In December when we go we are getting married at the wedding pavilion and having our reception at Grand Floridian and staying at Grand Floridian for our honeymoon after!!!! Getting sooooooooooo excited!
Huge congratulations! Here's to a great trip and happy married life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JStiffler
We will be there in 22 days to celebrate DD and my birthdays as well as her first trip. She will be 5 this month.
Two birthdays in one trip: super cool! Happy belated birthdays!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryalluvdiz
In june we will be celebrating two kids graduating from elementary school to middle school and two others making first communion. We also have a june birthday to celebrate... And wait,the best one.... Another school year is over for me the teacher! Can't wait to celebrate for those two weeks at the World!
That's a whole lotta celebrations! Enjoy every one of them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmenjes
I'll be celebrating my first ever visit to the World for the holidays for my trip the weekend after Thanksgiving.
Cool! Have a great trip! Congrats!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky2jeff
In 194 days we will be celebrating our 6th wedding anniversary and Disneyworld and 4 days after that our oldest son will hit double digits on the Disney Fantasy!! Excellent 10th birthday present we think...:-)
Congratulations on the anniversary! Tenth birthdays rock!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissPrice
My DH and I will be celebrating our 5th wedding anniversary and my graduation from Nursing School!!! Yay. 10 more weeks until graduation, 98 days till WDW.
Woo hoo! Congrats on the half-decade marriage! You deserve a trip after that studying!
__________________
To love is to obey. To obey is to live.

Walt Disney World - 2004

Walt Disney World - 2005

Disclaimer: Now, you tell me McD's is coming back, I'm a passionate "Uh, yeah!"


Last edited by MouseEarsForAll; 10-10-2012 at 02:19 PM.
MouseEarsForAll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 01:36 AM   #30
MrJNT
Earning My Ears
 
MrJNT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 44

My disneymoon with my future wife in November!
__________________
MrJNT is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:25 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.