Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-27-2012, 01:48 PM   #1
bhartman
Earning My Ears

second guessing my plan

Hi there!

we're going to wdw dec 8th through the 15th. our family is dh, dd(5), ds(almost 3) and me. i planned out which days we'd go to which parks, based loosely on info from easywdw and touring plans. i wanted to take advantage of some of the emh, but not all of them. (specifically the emh at animal kingdom, so we could do the safari early). now i'm second guessing my plan. i was looking at easywdw earlier and a few of our days will be spent at parks that are not recommended. i don't know if this matters that much since it looks like the crowd levels will be 4/5 all week. please take a look at my plan and let me know if it's ok or if i'm making a huge mistake.

sat 12/8 - arrive early afternoon, adr for hddr @ 4, depending on kids' moods we might do a brief monorail resort tour to look at decorations.

sun 12/9 - rope drop at HS, go straight to TSM, and then spend the rest of the morning wandering around. there's honestly not much there we want to see. we have an early lunch adr at 50's prime time and we might hop over to another park after that and then come back in the evening for fantasmic.

mon 12/10 - emh at AK, we plan on taking it easy there for most of the day. we won't be doing any of the thrill rides, probably just doing the safari, going to camp minnie mickey, flights of wonder, etc. we'll probably head to DTD in the evening to do some shopping.

tues 12/11 - rope drop at MK. we want to try to do as much in fantasyland as possible since that area will appeal most to our kids. we're thinking of going early and leaving early, so we can spend the rest of the day taking it easy at the resort or seeing more christmas decorations.

wed 12/12 - back to MK. not sure if we'll rope drop this day. we have a lunch adr at crystal palace, so we may take it easy at the resort and get to the park in time for lunch and then explore after lunch into the evening.

thurs 12/13 - 8:00 adr at Akershus, so we'll spend the rest of that day at EP.

fri 12/14 - yet another day at MK, doing whatever we didn't get to on the other days or repeating things we want to do again. we'll mostly likely rope drop again. and we have a lunch adr at LTT.

sat 12/15 - we have an early adr for breakfast at ohana. then we thought we'd check out and possible go back to epcot and check out whatever we didn't get to earlier in the week. saturday afternoon we're heading home.

with our kids being as young as they are, we're not worried about wait times for a lot of the bigger, more popular rides. we have a handful of things we know we want to do and will try to get to those attractions as early as possible to either fastpass or get in the standby line. we're also hoping for a slower pace for this trip. it's our first trip with kids and we don't want to wear them out too much. we're totally fine with not being able to see and do everything, since we know we'll be going back at some point. i guess i'm just worried that we might encounter huge crowds if we go to the non-recommended parks. should i be worried or am i overthinking this?
bhartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 02:37 PM   #2
g-dad66
DIS Veteran

I don't see any flaws in your schedule.

It looks to me like the only non-recommended park you are going to is Hollywood Studios on the 9th, and that's because it has evening EMH that day.

But since you don't have all that much that you want to do there and you plan to be there for rope drop, I think your choice of park is fine for that day.
Register to remove

Old 11-27-2012, 02:41 PM   #3
bhartman
Earning My Ears

ok, great. thank you!
Old 11-27-2012, 03:05 PM   #4
fizbobunny
Mouseketeer

Have you thought about having your DD do Jedi Training on your HS day?
Celebrating My Brother's Birthday and Mardi Gras~~~~~~~Legoland, Disney, and DS#2's First Trip
Oct 2013 BWV and Darkside; Oct 2012 - POR AoA LM; Sept./Oct. 2010 - OldestDS First Trip - ASM Family Suite; Aug./Sept. 2005 - Hurricane Katrina Trip - Offsite; Dec. 2004 - My Graduation Trip - Offsite; and many others I can't remember the dates
fizbobunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 03:08 PM   #5
hollygolitely93
DIS Veteran

Hi! I looked o. Touringplans as the calendar is mostly free for your visit now...your trip looks great! You are mostly 1-3s with your peak traffic day being HS and it is still below 6...

So keep as it is and enjoy!

One thing I noticed is you have a lot of lunch ADRs...I have kids of similar ages. Not sure if your kids still nap...but my little one conked out around 11am most days where at home she naps at 1pm. Most places let me take I. The stroller so it wasn't a problem but LTT did not.
hollygolitely93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 09:58 PM   #6
bhartman
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by fizbobunny View Post
Have you thought about having your DD do Jedi Training on your HS day?
I don't even know what Jedi training is!!! I should look into this!
Old 11-27-2012, 10:04 PM   #7
bhartman
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollygolitely93 View Post
Hi! I looked o. Touringplans as the calendar is mostly free for your visit now...your trip looks great! You are mostly 1-3s with your peak traffic day being HS and it is still below 6...

So keep as it is and enjoy!

One thing I noticed is you have a lot of lunch ADRs...I have kids of similar ages. Not sure if your kids still nap...but my little one conked out around 11am most days where at home she naps at 1pm. Most places let me take I. The stroller so it wasn't a problem but LTT did not.
Yeah, I'm a little worried about the lunches, but my kids are both "early to bed, early to rise" kind of kids, so I was afraid to do TS dinners. I thought after a busy day, they might melt down during a longer dinner. I'm hoping and praying that we can keep them happy during lunch and then escape the parks after lunch if they need a break.
Old 11-27-2012, 10:09 PM   #8
Peachkins
DIS Veteran

I wouldn't worry too much about it. We went at about the same time last year, and it was the least-crowded I've ever seen any of the parks. Other than Soarin' and Toy Story I don't think we waited more than 20 minutes for any ride. We didn't even use FastPasses for most things.
Peachkins is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: