Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-06-2012, 01:17 AM   #16
mariamouse
Believes in the magic!!
Should know the difference between the Tag Fairy and Tinkerbell!!! ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyOtherSS

thanks for the write up, you pretty much made up my mind, Tower it is! We are the type who would rather be involved and in the middle of everything rather than have the seclusion and quieter area.
I'm so glad that I could help! I am sure that you will have a magical stay in the tower... such a unique experience sleeping just feet away from the MK with the monorail gliding through below.
YC GV- January 2015, GF GV- January 2014, BCV- January 2013, GF LV- December 2011, AKL PV & GF GV- February 2007, BWI WV CL- February 2006, AKL SV- February 2005, Polynesian GV- February 2004, WL WV & Polynesian GV- November 2002, BC GV- February 2002, CR GV- February 2001, POFQ- February 1996, CBR- February 1994
mariamouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 06:30 AM   #17
fla4fun
DIS Veteran

I have stayed in both. The rooms themselves are identical. The only difference is that the tower rooms have balconies and the wing rooms don't.

The wing being a separate building is no different than the separate buildings at GF or Poly. Better than those, actually, because there is a covered walkway to the tower for inclement weather. At the others, you're just out in the rain.

My main complaint with the tower is the elevator. When I travel during slow season, the waits for the elevator are horrible. I stayed over July 4th this year (very busy), and it was so bad that we took the stairs most of the time. The elevators are slow and they are small. If there are any strollers or ECVs then you can only fit a family or maybe two at a time. The wing is only three stories, so the elevators aren't as bad, and the stairs aren't either (we were on the 9th floor in the tower - quite a haul up and down stairs). I tend to book the wing rooms just because of the elevators.
fla4fun is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-07-2012, 09:12 AM   #18
WsPrincess
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by fla4fun View Post
I have stayed in both. The rooms themselves are identical. The only difference is that the tower rooms have balconies and the wing rooms don't.

The wing being a separate building is no different than the separate buildings at GF or Poly. Better than those, actually, because there is a covered walkway to the tower for inclement weather. At the others, you're just out in the rain.

My main complaint with the tower is the elevator. When I travel during slow season, the waits for the elevator are horrible. I stayed over July 4th this year (very busy), and it was so bad that we took the stairs most of the time. The elevators are slow and they are small. If there are any strollers or ECVs then you can only fit a family or maybe two at a time. The wing is only three stories, so the elevators aren't as bad, and the stairs aren't either (we were on the 9th floor in the tower - quite a haul up and down stairs). I tend to book the wing rooms just because of the elevators.
In June we were so thankful we were in the Garden Wing because of the elevators. There was a conference there and they were stopping all the elevators at that level when the meetings got out so none were getting to the ground level. One family was waiting over 30 minutes because they had a double stroller and had no choice but to wait. Also the 2nd day 3 of the elevators were not working so again, there were HUGE waits for those who could not take the escalators.
WsPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: