Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-02-2012, 03:32 PM   #31
Liberty Belle
I was going to reply, but I see I already did...three years ago!
Hey, I warned you. Now go have a drink. It's the only thing that takes it away
Makes sleestack noises when her throat itches

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckalew11 View Post
Good advice here.

And I think your mom feels out of control with you and that is why she acts and speaks as she does. She wants a better life for you but has no idea how to help you have one and she is probably scared for you. She is not handling it well, but that is what I think the thing is that she herself is going through.

She says those things because she *thinks* it will make you want to change your body because that is what she wants for you. I do 2 moms' hair who have overweight daughters...I have heard this concern from them but it comes out in a bad, ugly sounding way.

I might be wrong about your mom but I think there is a good chance I'm right.

Get yourself some help. Medicine can and does help. You are worth it and you can be out of this very dark place.

You DO want to live!!! You want to live and be happy and fulfilled! You want to reach out and help others! Fight for your life, fight for yourself, your happiness!

And that weird thing you described? About faces and recognition? I have heard of that! I have no idea where but I have heard that described quite recently...possibly related to the ptsd? So get help because if I've heard of it, others have too--people who can help you with it.

You can do this! I'm going to pray for you right now, sweetie. You are worth so much to so many--do NOT feel alone. Call and talk to someone--call the number that was posted above. God loves you...you are valued.
Spot on. All of it.

OP, I got "in trouble" on here for suggesting someone get mental health help, before, but I'll risk it, because you're definitely worth a few points. If you are in therapy already, call and tell your therapist you need another appointment asap. If you feel you are dangerously close to killing yourself, you should definitely call the suicide prevention number. Or just call it and tell them what you've told us. They are trained to help.

Anti depressants can and do work. It sounds like you might need extensive therapy (and a change of environment) to go along with them.

DH: Me: DS (20): DS(10):
(Hunter) (Leo) (Anatevka) : (Cookie)
Liberty Belle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 03:53 PM   #32
RadioNate
DIS Veteran

OP did you read this thread? Or at least the 1st post.

http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3001547

And on the jeans thing. I'm not over weight. But I don't wear jeans, not much at least because I find them uncomfortable. So yeah, just put that jeans thing out of your mind.
The DIS
Register to remove

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: