Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-02-2012, 02:53 PM   #61
disneychrista
BL6 Red Team Captain
Disneyland is my Home
Birthdays are for kids of all ages
I have always been a big Kermit the Frog Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary09 View Post
It sounds like you know what you're doing! I only asked about dates in case you could use Gay Days tix, but you probably know about that if it applies.
I so wish the Gay Days tickets would work for us. It would save us SOOOO much money.
disneychrista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 10:27 PM   #62
deanimal
DIS Veteran

We were able to eat a couple of times on this last trip for fairly cheap. At the Mcdonalds on Harbour we got "Mighty kids meals" for 4.69 each (umm, six piece nuggets or double cheeseburger with drinks and fries? In Canada we just call that an adult's meal, but okay) At the Coca Cola refreshment corner we got kids turkey dog meals for 5.99 each. A bit over $20 for four, but it was really handy for eating while waiting for the parade. So if you don't have a huge appetite, kids meals can be your friends!
deanimal is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-02-2012, 11:17 PM   #63
DLRfan31
A Pirate's Life for Me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmaxx View Post
I'm not sure if this helps, but I put together a menu with prices for our family trip this fall. Prices are rounded to the nearest .50 cents.

http://disneyland-california-menus.warpedvisions.org/

I'm hoping to use this quick menu in the parks (on my phone), so we can find reasonable priced meals before the kids hit bottom.

I was pleasantly surprised at breakfast prices overall. With some sharing, I should be able to feed the four of us for $20 on days we eat breakfast instead of lunch. For lunches, soup, chili, and gumbos look shareable and reasonably cheap.
Great list! You did a terrific job with it. Thanks!
DLRfan31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 07:24 AM   #64
dcraythorn
Mouseketeer

Shakey's Pizza is really good and the prices are really reasonable. They are on Harbour also.
dcraythorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 11:41 AM   #65
rramstad
Mouseketeer

Whitewater Snacks is a good suggestion, it's just outside DCA, the prices and portions are better than in the park for the prepared food, and they have convenience store type stuff too. One trip we headed out there, got nachos and/or burgers for everyone at a cost of about $6 per person average, and grabbed a bag of Oreos for $3 which we took into the park for snacks.

A great, great, great delivery place

http://marrispizza.com/

I'd also second all the suggestions for hitting up the local Vietnamese places... either eating in or taking sandwiches to go.

We don't usually eat in the parks and use Chowhound and Urban Spoon to find good places for lunch... do that as a midday break along with nap and/or swimming.
rramstad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 03:15 PM   #66
HollyL
Mouseketeer

Not sure if it's already been posted, but if you are staying somewhere that offers free breakfast, you can always grab a few extra pieces of fruit, mini boxes of cereal, etc. and bring those with you.

If you are staying at a Residence Inn, on the weeknights, they usually offer a free light dinner as well. That way, you are really only on the hook to pay for one meal per day.

If we have free breakfast, it usually keeps us satisfied until the afternoon, and we can have a big lunch, and then by dinner, we are only really hungry enough for a light dinner, or just snack for the rest of the day. It definitely keeps the cost of buying food down.

Also, if you are staying in a place that has a fridge, you can keep a few extra yogurts/milks, etc. in there.

Last time we went, we got chicken from Mrs. Knotts and had so many leftovers for the next day, we weren't able to finish it all.
HollyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 03:36 PM   #67
interstate70s
DIS Veteran

Just ate at Pizza Press next to the Carousel on Harbor. Pizza's there were $8-$10 and very good. Probably big enough for 2 adults, not three. Deli size container of pasta salad was $5 if you wanted a bit more food with it. There is also a 20% off coupon on the Anaheim website.
interstate70s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 03:49 PM   #68
HollyL
Mouseketeer

If you get your room through Priceline, you can save a bundle. I usually get a 4 star hotel for about $60/night, so if you are okay with a budget hotel, you may easily be able to snag one for under $40/ night.

Also, sign up for Groupon for Orange County, there might be some restaurant options on there.

Also, try Restaurant.com- I did that for the last trip, and there were definitely some good options in the Disney area.
Old 10-03-2012, 03:56 PM   #69
HollyL
Mouseketeer

I just noticed that Restaurant.com has certificates for The House of Blues (DTD)! I am going to get one for our next trip. Just be sure to read the fine print. Also google "Restaurant.com promo code" to see if there are any on-line coupons. This usually allows you to get a $25 gift certificate for only $2-$4.
Old 10-03-2012, 06:02 PM   #70
binny
do something that MATTERS!

Lots of great tips everyone thanks! We are going over Halloween as well and are looking for ways to help the budget
binny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 03:08 AM   #71
theluckyrabbit
DIS Veteran

To the OP:
If your dates fall between 10/14 and 11/09 AND if you know someone who will be doing the CHOC Walk, walkers can get discount tickets for 1 day/1 park or 1 day hoppers (about 50% off). Buying your tickets that way might save you quite a bit. Each walker can buy up to 5 tickets each on the day of the CHOC Walk. If those dates will work for you, maybe you can post a thread asking for a walker to help you.
theluckyrabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 09:59 AM   #72
disneychrista
BL6 Red Team Captain
Disneyland is my Home
Birthdays are for kids of all ages
I have always been a big Kermit the Frog Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by theluckyrabbit View Post
To the OP:
If your dates fall between 10/14 and 11/09 AND if you know someone who will be doing the CHOC Walk.
Our (original) dates to fall between those dates but I don't know anyone doing the CHOC walk. But at this point our dates are bit up in the air, unfortunately.
disneychrista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 12:37 PM   #73
Twinprincesses
DIS Veteran

I signed up for Mimis emails and got a coupon for 4 free muffins. Do not sign up too far ahead of time because the coupon expires within 3 weeks.
Disney Dream October 2011
Vero Beach 7/2010
Disney Wonder 10/2009, Disney Magic 10/2008
Disneyland 10/2007 & 10/2006 , DisneyWorld 20+ trips

Twinprincesses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 03:52 AM   #74
theluckyrabbit
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneychrista View Post
Our (original) dates to fall between those dates but I don't know anyone doing the CHOC walk. But at this point our dates are bit up in the air, unfortunately.
If your dates hold, and if it is allowed on these boards, you might want to post a request for a DIS walker to help you out. Just a thought... Of course, if your dates change, then all the above is moot.
theluckyrabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 05:07 AM   #75
dr&momto2boys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tif View Post
I have a questi about the Patina Group that some people mentioned. When you sign up for that do you put the state you want t use it in or the state you live in? Also, it asks your favorite restaurant.....Are the disney ones listed? Is it best to select one of those? I'm not sure if the discount is based on the things you select there so I want to be sure before I submit anything. THANKS!
When I signed up (I live in IL), they sent me a certificate for somewhere in NY. I just emailed them and asked for a DL resstaurant instead. It was no problem.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: