Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-01-2012, 05:19 PM   #46
jlmarr
You got that right

Quote:
Originally Posted by theluckyrabbit View Post
The new WalMart is located at Ball and Anaheim, behind the shoe store.
There is another one being built on Euclid and Katella, about a mile west of DLR, where the Pep Boys used to be. I understand it's going to be groceries only, not a full-blown WalMart.
jlmarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 06:21 PM   #47
theluckyrabbit
DIS Veteran

Yes, the one on Ball also looks more like a grocery store than a mega WalMart.
theluckyrabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-01-2012, 08:12 PM   #48
madmaxx
Earning My Ears

I'm not sure if this helps, but I put together a menu with prices for our family trip this fall. Prices are rounded to the nearest .50 cents.

http://disneyland-california-menus.warpedvisions.org/

I'm hoping to use this quick menu in the parks (on my phone), so we can find reasonable priced meals before the kids hit bottom.

I was pleasantly surprised at breakfast prices overall. With some sharing, I should be able to feed the four of us for $20 on days we eat breakfast instead of lunch. For lunches, soup, chili, and gumbos look shareable and reasonably cheap.

Last edited by madmaxx; 10-01-2012 at 08:18 PM.
madmaxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 08:27 PM   #49
tylerandalexsmom
Seriously addicted to Disney

Wow madmaxx! That is a great summary! I was actually going through and picking out where we want to eat and calculating how much to earmark for all the food we want (not to mention all the yummy snacks!) and trying to figure out how in the world we were going to fit it all in on our trip without doing nothing but eat and going in to a food coma! I kept clicking back and forth and trying to make notes....it was great you have it all together like that! Thanks for sharing!
MK Dec 1972 (me) WDW/All Star Movies May 2003 WDW/All Star Movies Apr 2007 WDW/NSSHP/Caribbean Beach Resort (Pirate room!) Sept 2009 Polynesian/Dream Cruise/WDW/CBR Pirate room Oct 2011 WDW Christmas 2011

tylerandalexsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 08:31 PM   #50
KalamityJane
DIS Veteran

Yes, thank you SO much! That is a great resource!!
KalamityJane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 08:34 PM   #51
jlmarr
You got that right

I believe the OP wanted walking distance options, but I'll throw this out there anyway:

- In-N-Out Burger in Fullerton, just north of Orangethorpe

- Costco food court in Fullerton, just north of the In-N-Out Burger. This one is an outdoor food court so no membership required here. Pizza by the slice, hot dog, soft drinks, and more.

Public transit to those two places would be via the OCTA #43 bus which runs north and south on Harbor Blvd. $1.50 each way, exact change. The In-N-Out Burger is just steps from the bus stop, and the Costco is across the parking lot from the next stop.
jlmarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 09:20 PM   #52
madmaxx
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by KalamityJane
Yes, thank you SO much! That is a great resource!!
No problem! I'm hoping it makes it easier for us to find good eats and keep our budget too.
madmaxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 11:04 PM   #53
disneychrista
BL6 Red Team Captain
Disneyland is my Home
Birthdays are for kids of all ages
I have always been a big Kermit the Frog Fan

Thanks for all the suggestions. We will have a car, so don't need to be walking distance. We are trying to cut the budget as much as possible because as I like to call it this is a "Disneyland or Bust" trip. My friend & I have been trying to get her daughter to Disneyland for 2 years.

When I go, I have a lot more wiggly room in the budget, than she will. Right now we have a 2day/3 night trip down (for 2) to $725 and trying to cut $25 off her portion. At this point food is the only way to do it. She plans to bring lots of snacks from home and if possible we will eat cheaply off site for dinner (parks close at 8).
disneychrista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 11:07 PM   #54
KalamityJane
DIS Veteran

If you haven't found this site yet, it has tons of coupons for the restaurants on Harbor - you can also sign up for Mimi's and some of the other restaurants on there and they will send you coupons as well.

http://anaheimoc.org/coupons
KalamityJane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 12:29 AM   #55
I❤MICKEY
DIS Veteran

Oggi's in front of Homewood was super yummy and on our receipt there was a BOGO coupon for our next visit. When we were there using the coupon a table gave us their receipt because they were going home. We ate there 3 times last week. We really liked it. Huge variety, good beer and my kids enjoyed it too.
Old 10-02-2012, 09:03 AM   #56
Mary09
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneychrista View Post
Thanks for all the suggestions. We will have a car, so don't need to be walking distance. We are trying to cut the budget as much as possible because as I like to call it this is a "Disneyland or Bust" trip. My friend & I have been trying to get her daughter to Disneyland for 2 years.

When I go, I have a lot more wiggly room in the budget, than she will. Right now we have a 2day/3 night trip down (for 2) to $725 and trying to cut $25 off her portion. At this point food is the only way to do it. She plans to bring lots of snacks from home and if possible we will eat cheaply off site for dinner (parks close at 8).
What days are you going and where are you staying? The easiest way to cut costs is hotel.

Protein is very filling and portable. She could pack a protein bar in her bag for her own lunches and save a bundle that way. Pair that with breakfast in the hotel, also from the grocery store or from home. Spend only on dinners and do it outside the park, if possible, if you don't care about experiencing 'park food' (besides the corn dogs). Pizza Hut on Harbor is a filling, cheap, convenient dinner after the parks.
Mary09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 09:28 AM   #57
awdsmama
DIS Veteran

Does anyone have a birthday around your trip?

My birthday is 2/22 and we went 3/20-25. I signed up for the Patina Group coupon and chose Naples, it was $25 off I believe?? So we ended up splurging (ds and self) and got dessert etc and paid about $15.

I also got a coupon for Rain Forrest Cafe and I think it pretty much covered the meal if not very close.

DS's Surprise 1st trip, Spring Break/March 2012 PTR: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2883877
awdsmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 10:40 AM   #58
disneychrista
BL6 Red Team Captain
Disneyland is my Home
Birthdays are for kids of all ages
I have always been a big Kermit the Frog Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary09 View Post
What days are you going and where are you staying? The easiest way to cut costs is hotel.
We are booked at the Super 8 on Ball/Disneyland Dr. It is the cheapest that I have found. I believe we are booked for $59/night. We are looking at booking a hotel through hotwire which might save $25 ($12.50/each) but we won't book that until a few days before "just in case."
disneychrista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 10:44 AM   #59
Mary09
Mouseketeer

It sounds like you know what you're doing! I only asked about dates in case you could use Gay Days tix, but you probably know about that if it applies.
Mary09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 11:12 AM   #60
tefrench
DIS Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmaxx View Post
I'm not sure if this helps, but I put together a menu with prices for our family trip this fall. Prices are rounded to the nearest .50 cents.

http://disneyland-california-menus.warpedvisions.org/

I'm hoping to use this quick menu in the parks (on my phone), so we can find reasonable priced meals before the kids hit bottom.

I was pleasantly surprised at breakfast prices overall. With some sharing, I should be able to feed the four of us for $20 on days we eat breakfast instead of lunch. For lunches, soup, chili, and gumbos look shareable and reasonably cheap.
I am totally taking this with us - thank you!!!

06/1996 - Disneys Wilderness Lodge
06/2009 - Disneys Caribbean Beach
02/2010 - First Disney Cruise!
12/2010 - 1/2011 - Christmas at Disney
10/2011 - Halloween Dream Cruise + Disney World
11/2012 - First Trip to DisneyLand
11/2013 - Coronado Springs
11/2013 - Eastern Caribbean on the Fantasy
tefrench is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: