Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-01-2012, 06:13 AM   #31
ducky_love
Saving the world one tourist at a time.

Does anyone know if the rainforest card has to be used ON your bday? We are going a week before my DH's bday. (It is a milestone so he wanted to be home on the real day to celebrate with friends and fam). Thanks!
DLP: November 2013
FIRST TRIP TDL: September 2014!!
ducky_love is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 10:18 AM   #32
Bossy22
Mouseketeer

The best budget meal "in" Disneyland is the Fried chicken at Plaza Inn, It easily fed my wife and I and we are not small eaters. Not only was it filling, it was also awesome!!!
Bossy22 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-01-2012, 10:48 AM   #33
tylerandalexsmom
Seriously addicted to Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeee-va View Post
Though I'm not sure what you mean by $20 per meal...if you are thinking breakfast, lunch, and dinner, I'd definitely bring some breakfast fixings (even just instant oatmeal) and eat breakfast in the room, then put the savings toward lunch and dinner (or snacks, but I have a bit of a sweet tooth ). And/or, you may be able to have a large, late lunch and then a light dinner...that works well for me in hot weather.
We usually take breakfast items with us when we drive to WDW, but we are flying in for a trip to DLR. Is there someplace we can get something to have in the room? (cereal, breakfast bars, poptarts, milk) -- no car, and staying at DLH, so would need someplace close by (or is there something in the hotel we could stock up on and just have in the room, if not to save $, at least to save time in the mornings and not waste touring time)?
MK Dec 1972 (me) WDW/All Star Movies May 2003 WDW/All Star Movies Apr 2007 WDW/NSSHP/Caribbean Beach Resort (Pirate room!) Sept 2009 Polynesian/Dream Cruise/WDW/CBR Pirate room Oct 2011 WDW Christmas 2011

tylerandalexsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 10:53 AM   #34
KalamityJane
DIS Veteran

We fly in and I just bring the breakfast stuff from home. Buy milk at Whitewater Snacks in GCH.
KalamityJane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 10:57 AM   #35
tylerandalexsmom
Seriously addicted to Disney

I thought you couldn't fly with food in your baggage? Or is it just that it can't be in your carry on? That would be great to be able to bring that kind of thing with us!
MK Dec 1972 (me) WDW/All Star Movies May 2003 WDW/All Star Movies Apr 2007 WDW/NSSHP/Caribbean Beach Resort (Pirate room!) Sept 2009 Polynesian/Dream Cruise/WDW/CBR Pirate room Oct 2011 WDW Christmas 2011

tylerandalexsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 11:03 AM   #36
KalamityJane
DIS Veteran

You can fly with just about anything in your checked luggage (well, not hazardous items, but figured that was a given). You can travel with non liquid food in your carryon.
KalamityJane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 11:51 AM   #37
MychaelP
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossy22 View Post
The best budget meal "in" Disneyland is the Fried chicken at Plaza Inn, It easily fed my wife and I and we are not small eaters. Not only was it filling, it was also awesome!!!
Don't forget you can get all-white chicken. I did this a few years ago and it was only $2 more. One time they didn't charge us the extra. I do agree it has the most food for the price. Also they used to do the AAA discount there.

Rule of thumb for me to save money at Disneyland... never buy small meals since they are marked up so much... Dinner meals are best since they are close to the same as outside restaurants. Bring granola bars or CliffBars. Buy the refillable coffee in the morning. A nice pick-me-up to get through to dinner.

One more suggestion, but it is for a small meal, contrasting what I said earlier I guess. Is the vegetable skewer at Bengal BBQ. Chicken there is about 3 or 4 little pieces, but the vegetable skewer with extra hot sauce is great.
Oh, also if you get the burgers or sandwhiches, don't get fries... they tire you out with the grease. Get the fruit option for free. There isn't much there but the energy they provide really helps. You can add some sugar if you really need the extra boost too.
MychaelP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 12:02 PM   #38
ltl engine
Mouseketeer

Rain Forest Card

The Rain Forest Card (Landry's Card) is usually good for the month of your birthday. It does not have to be used on your birthday. I know the website has an option to defer any rewards too but I have never used that...Enjoy!

8/2005-All Star Movies; 8/2006-VWL
4/2008-VWL & DCL
9/2009-BCV/BLT; 5/2011 RPR & Nick
12/2012 GCH
5/2014-WL & RPR
ltl engine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 12:20 PM   #39
MychaelP
Mouseketeer

A quick FYI: I learned of the Patina site from this thread. Missed my birthday sign-up a few weeks ago. But when I signed up today they still sent my certificate. I'm guessing since it is good for 60 days.

Thanks to all who mentioned this... Almost free dinner later this week!
MychaelP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 12:41 PM   #40
Tif
Earning My Ears

I have a questi about the Patina Group that some people mentioned. When you sign up for that do you put the state you want t use it in or the state you live in? Also, it asks your favorite restaurant.....Are the disney ones listed? Is it best to select one of those? I'm not sure if the discount is based on the things you select there so I want to be sure before I submit anything. THANKS!
Tif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 12:43 PM   #41
pixiewings71
Sweet!!! Totally!!!!!
YAY for good weather!
It's that Disney Magic, I don't know how it works but it does!

Quote:
Originally Posted by prettyprincessbelle View Post
One thing to keep in mind is that the restaurants on Harbor Blvd. (McDonalds, Denny's, IHOP, etc.) prices are slightly inflated compared to your local restaurant, so it may not be entirely cheaper eating there. I'm not sure about the Mimi's Cafe though.
Denny's and Mimi's are not higher priced then our local restaurants (or the Denny's we stop at on our way from Nor Cal to So Cal). iHop is insanely overpriced, cost us over $50 to eat there with 4 people, 2 were kids and we didn't get appetizers or desserts, just your standard meals and drinks. We avoid the iHop.

OP do NOT Please.....do NOT eat at Captain Kidd's, even with the $8 buffet don't eat there, it's disgusting!! Such a waste of money!

We share at Rancho Del Zocalo, Plaza Inn (fried chicken & a side salad is plenty), Pizza Port (1 salad, 1 slice of pizza and we are good). As others have mentioned the corn dogs are huge!! And Taste Pilot's has good stuff as well, we don't really share there but we have in the past when we aren't that hungry.
In DTD we share at RFC, but the plate we get is just over $20 so that may not work for you. There's pizza available at Naples in DTD and don't forget to look for Happy Hours in the area. In DTD and at the GW, HH is always a good way to save money!
In the GW we like to eat at Bubba Gump, it's about $20 per plate but we can share easily, also at CPK or PF Chang's. PF Chang's won't really be budget but if you can find a coupon for a free appetizer you can do that and then 2 more dishes and you'll be full. We love the lettuce wraps there, so if you did the lettuce wraps and then a meat dish and a rice or noodle dish (they do have gluten free noodles) you'd be stuffed.

We took 14 trips from July 07-July 08 and around 16 from Jan 09-Jan 10. We did 5 trips 2011-2012. 2012-2013 4 trips.

eBay and pins http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2213419
pixiewings71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 12:58 PM   #42
Girimama33
"I've disgraced the forces of evil."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tif View Post
I have a questi about the Patina Group that some people mentioned. When you sign up for that do you put the state you want t use it in or the state you live in? Also, it asks your favorite restaurant.....Are the disney ones listed? Is it best to select one of those? I'm not sure if the discount is based on the things you select there so I want to be sure before I submit anything. THANKS!
When I signed up for mine, I selected Naples in DTD since you have to select something. I just got my certificate last week, and it does not state where I have to use it...so now I am thinking about moving my dinner to Catal.
Old 10-01-2012, 01:35 PM   #43
tnshsms
Mouseketeer

bump.
Disneyland - May 2013
Disney Fantasy - May 2014
Disney Magic - May 2015
tnshsms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 02:47 PM   #44
busymom232
Earning My Ears

there is a brand new walmart that was just oppening as we left about 5 minutes from disneyland so i suggest getting snacks and all that there.... i must admit i didnt really find disneyland all that expensive food wise (maybe cause i was expecting it to be alot more) the charecter meals are crazy $$$ but thats cause your payin for the charecter time, also drinks and snacks are crazy but thats why u hit up walmart before.... but real meals i find about average and u get a fair amount of food... i would suggest an adult and a child sharing a meal when possible or even 2 kids sharing if possible as i know my 3 little ones hardly ate there food as they were so excited ot just get moving again so we all just ended up ordering 2-3 things between the 5 of us... the mexican place (rancho) was ok food ( i make amazing spanish food so thats why it was ok lol) and a good amount of food... test piloits is good we shared an order of chicken strips and a chili cheese fries between the 5 of us and were good..... and every resturant will work around gluten or other allergies... at goofys while we where there the table next to us had the chefs coming outevery few minutes with speical plates of food for someone at there table as they coudnt eat the buffet food
busymom232 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 04:32 PM   #45
theluckyrabbit
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerandalexsmom View Post
We usually take breakfast items with us when we drive to WDW, but we are flying in for a trip to DLR. Is there someplace we can get something to have in the room? (cereal, breakfast bars, poptarts, milk) -- no car, and staying at DLH, so would need someplace close by (or is there something in the hotel we could stock up on and just have in the room, if not to save $, at least to save time in the mornings and not waste touring time)?
Whitewater Snacks in the GCH has a little store for milk, eggs, cereal packs, etc. Or you could order ahead from Vons.com and have your groceries delivered to your hotel. I believe the DLH will hold your groceries for you if you can't be there for delivery as long as the groceries don't include alcohol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by busymom232 View Post
there is a brand new walmart that was just oppening as we left about 5 minutes from disneyland so i suggest getting snacks and all that there...
The new WalMart is located at Ball and Anaheim, behind the shoe store.
theluckyrabbit is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: