DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-30-2012, 09:08 AM   #1
DanenRox
Disney Junkies

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Standard view DOES NOT mean noisy view!

"Traveling with" 4 rooms at BWV, we all opted for the standard VIEW. How lovely, we thought, when our rooms were essentially in a row (give or take). The balconies of one of our 2 bedrooms was directly above the luggage cages at the entrance of the Boardwalk. The view was fine...the noise was unreasonable. Our guests were woken at 5:30 am every morning by UNDERSTANDABLY enthusiastic folks bringing their luggage to staff, by the clanging of luggage being thrown into cages, etc. It wasn't anyone's fault, the room was just a lousy location. Yes, we took our complaints as high as we could and I learned how the chain of command works. We were told by front desk managers "Well, you did book the standard view rooms". HA! I stopped being nice after day 3. Ultimately we were financially reimbursed a generous amount of money which of course helped ease the sting. Those family members checked out before we did and the same day other friends "traveling with" checked in. Guess were front desk put them????? Really! Needless to say I was back at front desk and our guests were upgraded to a different room. The whole thing was exhausting and frustrating and I had to stay firm and prioritize OUR NEEDS. I could go on and on but I think you get the jist. I know what rooms NOT to accept in the future. I know the chain of command. I know, as much as we want to get along, be kind, be cooperative, sometimes you have to get tough. That's my message here.... Yes it's magical, but sometimes not so much.....
DanenRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 09:56 AM   #2
disneynutz

Earning My Ears One At A Time

Owning DVC and vacationing at Disney is a constant learning experience. The more you stay, the more you learn the ins and outs. All resorts have rooms that our less desirable, your room at BWV, the dumpsters at VWL, Kidani Pembe savanna by the pool, and BCV above the road.

You can contact DVC Member Satisfaction dvcmembersatisfactionteam@disneyvacationclub.com

Bill

disneynutz is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-30-2012, 10:51 AM   #3
DebbieB
DVC Member BWV 99
You have to compare apples to apples

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanenRox View Post
"Traveling with" 4 rooms at BWV, we all opted for the standard VIEW. How lovely, we thought, when our rooms were essentially in a row (give or take). The balconies of one of our 2 bedrooms was directly above the luggage cages at the entrance of the Boardwalk. The view was fine...the noise was unreasonable. Our guests were woken at 5:30 am every morning by UNDERSTANDABLY enthusiastic folks bringing their luggage to staff, by the clanging of luggage being thrown into cages, etc. It wasn't anyone's fault, the room was just a lousy location. Yes, we took our complaints as high as we could and I learned how the chain of command works. We were told by front desk managers "Well, you did book the standard view rooms". HA! I stopped being nice after day 3. Ultimately we were financially reimbursed a generous amount of money which of course helped ease the sting. Those family members checked out before we did and the same day other friends "traveling with" checked in. Guess were front desk put them????? Really! Needless to say I was back at front desk and our guests were upgraded to a different room. The whole thing was exhausting and frustrating and I had to stay firm and prioritize OUR NEEDS. I could go on and on but I think you get the jist. I know what rooms NOT to accept in the future. I know the chain of command. I know, as much as we want to get along, be kind, be cooperative, sometimes you have to get tough. That's my message here.... Yes it's magical, but sometimes not so much.....
I wonder where the "generous amount of money" came from? Hopefully not member dues. All the resorts have some less than desirable rooms, they would go broke if they had to reimburse everyone who got one.
Old 09-30-2012, 11:01 AM   #4
DanenRox
Disney Junkies

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbieB View Post
I wonder where the "generous amount of money" came from? Hopefully not member dues. All the resorts have some less than desirable rooms, they would go broke if they had to reimburse everyone who got one.
Again, had no problem with the Standard View...the view was fine. Continue to think it's unacceptable to be woken at 5:30 am due to facility operations. If you and your guests think that's just "luck of the draw" and don't have a problem with it, great. I did and continue to. Also know I didn't ask for financial reimbursement, instead I asked for the problem to be solved. When they didn't or couldn't, they offered a monetary solution. Frankly, I would have preferred the points but that wasn't a choice.
Old 09-30-2012, 12:20 PM   #5
WalkingintheFog
DIS Veteran

Location: North America's most easterly city: St.John's Newfoundland and Labrador!

I must be your neighbour! I'm on my way down to ask for a diff room.... THE NOISE IS HORRIBLE!!!! IT's constant thru out the day, not just early AM (which is horrible as well!).
I don't want any money back, just a room in a quieter area! I planned on balcony time now that the 10miler is done... but here I am with the balcony doors closed!
My hope is that by waiting a couple hours after checkout time, there will be other rooms that come available.

WalkingintheFog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 12:25 PM   #6
Figment2
DIS Veteran

I have had that room and maybe I am a really heavy sleeper because NOTHING woke me up. People staying with me never said anything either. I actually like those rooms since they are close to the lobby/elevators and we love the view of all the comings and goings.

Did you make any requests? If a request was close to lobby than you got exactly what you asked for (and I for one have a hard time complaining if I got exactly what I asked.) It's kind of funny really. People complain about the boat horns with the boardwalk view and I love hearing them early in the morning. I find it very magical.

Maybe your requests should be close to parking or bus stop. That will put you wayyyyyy down the hall.

JMHO

Cyn
Old 09-30-2012, 12:42 PM   #7
DanenRox
Disney Junkies

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figment2 View Post
I have had that room and maybe I am a really heavy sleeper because NOTHING woke me up. People staying with me never said anything either. I actually like those rooms since they are close to the lobby/elevators and we love the view of all the comings and goings.

Did you make any requests? If a request was close to lobby than you got exactly what you asked for (and I for one have a hard time complaining if I got exactly what I asked.) It's kind of funny really. People complain about the boat horns with the boardwalk view and I love hearing them early in the morning. I find it very magical.

Maybe your requests should be close to parking or bus stop. That will put you wayyyyyy down the hall.

JMHO

Cyn
We had no room requests but did note our rooms were "traveling together". Initially, LOVED the location. It seems like an easy fix too, it appears (but what do we know) they can move the cages closer to the main entry thereby eliminating the intensity of the noise right outside the balcony. Suggested as much (just trying to help). Again, we weren't looking for financial reimbursement, requested instead that they keep the noise level down in the AM. That didn't happen despite ongoing apologies and promises by front desk management. We had to bump up higher and they proposed a financial apology. Funniest part, it happened again the next day. Clearly the problem is a systems problem.
Old 09-30-2012, 12:43 PM   #8
Brian Noble
His Curmudgeonly Highness

Quote:
If you and your guests think that's just "luck of the draw" and don't have a problem with it, great. I did and continue to.
So, what would you propose that Disney do? Close the affected rooms permanently? Stop providing Resort Airline Checkin?
Brian Noble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 01:11 PM   #9
DanenRox
Disney Junkies

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Noble View Post
So, what would you propose that Disney do? Close the affected rooms permanently? Stop providing Resort Airline Checkin?
Find an alternative area. Something not right under a guest room.
Why does that seem unreasonable?
Old 09-30-2012, 01:15 PM   #10
KAT4DISNEY
Glad to be a test subject
1st trip Disneyland 1969
1st Trip DisneyWorld 1972
Only trip Disneyland Paris 2002

Annoying, but even a tiny bit of investigating would have forewarned you of this. No matter where I always travel with ear plugs. When at any lodging accommodations you are including yourself in a situation that involves other people with possibly different schedules than your own. You may not be able to control other people schedules but you could take some control of its affect on yourself.

KAT4DISNEY is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 01:20 PM   #11
DanenRox
Disney Junkies

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAT4DISNEY View Post
Annoying, but even a tiny bit of investigating would have forewarned you of this. No matter where I always travel with ear plugs. When at any lodging accommodations you are including yourself in a situation that involves other people with possibly different schedules than your own.
OK, but keep in mind we're talking 5:30 am...every day. Hats off to all of you who wouldn't mind being woken up this way on vacation. For the others of you who would find this offensive, just be aware. You don't have to silently accept what is not reasonable. That's all. It is possible that sometimes things can be improved and it's OK to let Disney, or any business, know that.
Old 09-30-2012, 01:25 PM   #12
bobbiwoz
I'm happy to dance with you
I have 2 opinions
We had tried usual things to keep them away, including something like coyote urine, it is sold in hardware stores by us

I've had those rooms, & I alway mention the possibility of getting a noisy room if you book standard at BWV when the topic comes up here.

I think your idea of changing the location of the check in/ luggage cages is a good one. If they have to keep reimbursing people who get those noisy rooms, it will hit them on the pocketbook, and hopefully solve the problem.

Would you take the rooms again if money was offered?

Bobbi

bobbiwoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 01:25 PM   #13
disneynutz

Earning My Ears One At A Time

Everyone has their own tolerance level and expectations. If the OP found the noise outside their room objectionable then so be it.

Disney will not change their operations so next time make sure that your room is away from the service areas. That's what I mean about learning the ins and outs.

Bill

disneynutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 01:38 PM   #14
Brian Noble
His Curmudgeonly Highness

Quote:
Find an alternative area. Something not right under a guest room.
Why does that seem unreasonable?
Every outward-facing surface of the resort is covered in guest rooms, at least by the second floor. Would you rather have them do RAC in the middle of the parking lot?
Brian Noble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 01:41 PM   #15
KAT4DISNEY
Glad to be a test subject
1st trip Disneyland 1969
1st Trip DisneyWorld 1972
Only trip Disneyland Paris 2002

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanenRox View Post
OK, but keep in mind we're talking 5:30 am...every day. Hats off to all of you who wouldn't mind being woken up this way on vacation. For the others of you who would find this offensive, just be aware. You don't have to silently accept what is not reasonable. That's all. It is possible that sometimes things can be improved and it's OK to let Disney, or any business, know that.
From many posts (including Bobbi's) it's easy to learn that some of the Standard view rooms at BWV are in that location and are noisy. And that is part of the chance you take when booking that category.

Overall if you are sensitive to noise you will most likely encounter situations over the years that will affect you. I know I don't like it so I take charge of my own situation as best I can. Ear plugs.

KAT4DISNEY is online now   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: