Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Disneyland Paris Trip Planning & Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-29-2012, 03:06 AM   #1
tinks_1989
need a like button

Home again! Highs and lows 25/9-28/9

Hi guys

We are home again! So feeling a bit mixed about our trip!

Highs:

Pluto- amazing made our holiday he was brilliant with Elsie at Cow boy cookout spent the whole time with her. Have some amazing videos of Elsie ridding around on his back and biting his tongue.

Cow boy cookout - cant believe they are cancelling this. It was amazing and thanks to the advice from the DIS we arrived at 11.30 first in through the doors Elsie had woody, Jessie, tigger, geppeto and Pluto all to herself for 20 minutes all sat on the floor with her. We also saw daisy but that was later in the meal.

Dreams - it was good but it wasn't bring me to tears good! I loved the villains scene the puffs of fire were very welcoming in the cold

The park - looks beautiful the castle still looks great on our 3rd trip after its refurb the theming is beautiful there is still a lot of work needed to be done.

Halloween - the decorations look amazing I loved seeing something new pop up every day!

Lows

Davy Crockett - can honestly say this was my last stay here never again! The pool and the area were perfect but our booking was for 6 adults and 1 infant (2 adults didn't come though) and we were put in a cabin with bunk bed no room for the cot any where.

Inventions and cafe mickey - not so much a low but a disappointment characters are just in such a hurry to get to the next table now we have always had great interaction at cafe mickey but now they just seem to be so hurried!

Weather - I know its no ones fault but the rain stopped us from doing quiet a bit I had planned!

So before the trip I had three trips planned in my head I would like to do now I'm just not sure! This is the first time I have ever come back and not felt like I want to rush back. I mean it was a great trip but just not feeling it at the moment. We are going to WDW in 4 months and planning a Disney cruise next June so will still see plenty of the mouse just not at DLP for a while.

Thanks to every one on the boards for your advice though for our trips. I'm not even sure if I'm doing a TR yet as I only took 12 photos all holiday.

Xxx
tinks_1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 03:19 AM   #2
Carrie_Cat
I'm a Rive Gauche person

Location: sur les cases bleues du monopoly -1 mile from Disneyland Paris

Hello and welcome home

I thought about you when I was in the park on Thursday in the wet

It does make everything just that bit less fun...

Glad to see that you did get some great moments, the Pluto bit made me smile and I bet it was great to see.

Continue planning your WDW and see how you feel after that as DLP will always be there for you

Vive la différence
Carrie_Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-29-2012, 04:40 AM   #3
tinks_1989
need a like button

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrie_Cat View Post
Hello and welcome home

I thought about you when I was in the park on Thursday in the wet

It does make everything just that bit less fun...

Glad to see that you did get some great moments, the Pluto bit made me smile and I bet it was great to see.

Continue planning your WDW and see how you feel after that as DLP will always be there for you
It was so wet Thursday and Wednesday? Did you watch Dreams? We were outside plaza gardens.

I'm sure we will return but I think 3 trips in 12 months was probably too much I need some time to want to miss it again and want to go back.
Old 09-29-2012, 05:05 AM   #4
angel_nix
DIS Veteran

Welcome back, shame about the rain, that's always my big worry. I can cope with cold, but not cold and wet Forecast for this week looks ok, as long as it doesn't rain, I don't mind, the girls can wear their dresses over layers if it comes to it!

We're off tomorrow, and planning on going to Cowboy Cookout, so will get there early, glad that you all had a nice time on the whole. Looking forward to the TR.
Old 09-29-2012, 05:18 AM   #5
tennisfan
Was told off for sliding down the banister at the SL
South Africa or California for me
Popped to the Boots

DISboards Moderator

Welcome back, shame about the wet weather, sounds like you had good character interactions

Trips:
DLRP - Hotel Cheyenne, October, 1994, DLRP - Hotel New York, October, 1998, DLRP - Hotel New York, June, 1999, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, October, 1999, DLRP - Hotel New York, October, 2000, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, October, 2001, Walt Disney Studios preview, February, 2002, DLRP - Hotel Cheyenne, August, 2002, New York City, Easter 2004, DLRP - Hotel New York, August, 2004, DLRP - Day trip, November, 2004, DLRP - Day trip, September, 2005, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, Easter 2007, DLRP - Kyriad, June 2007 DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, June 2009 DLRP - Day trip, November 2009 New York City, February 2010 DLRP - Disneyland Hotel, June 2010 DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, September 2010 Stratosphere Hotel, Las Vegas, October 2010 DLRP - Day trip, January 2011, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, August 2011, DLRP - Day trip, January 2012, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, June 2012, DLRP - Santa Fe, November 2012,
tennisfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 08:40 AM   #6
Becgaz
Mouseketeer

I've been looking out for Elsie all week! I wanted to see her amazing outfits.
The weather was terrible wasn't it, I'm just glad it wasn't cold.
I see what you mean about the characters in cafe mickey. Lucky for us our oldest 2 boys were happy to have an autograph and a picture, they're apparently too cool to be playing with them! Poor gepetto tried to hang about and the boys went back to their meal!
X
Becgaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 10:43 AM   #7
DLPDreams
I am like a child in a sweet shop, all hyper on sugar

Welcome back - I can't believe it has gone over so quickly.

I am sorry to read that things weren't as great as you had hoped. I was convinced you'd have an amazing time as our best trip was end Sept.

Pluto sounds great - CBCO is fab. I really can't see why they are stopping it - the only thing I can think of is it's not paying/profitable??

Did you do the Princess Pavilion this time? Did you go to City Hall and ask about Rapunzel like you were promised?

I totally understand your point about Cafe Mickey - although I didn't comment on it in my TR, I also felt that character interaction was rushed - it was like they didn't want to try (it was very busy though). Goofy at CM and Inventions was the worst I've come across - not funny or full of tricks/interaction or anything at any of the tables I saw . We are going to try CM dinner on our next trip as we've always done lunchtime - in the hope it will have more atmosphere.

I loved seeing the Halloween decs appear every day on our Sept trip too - every morning at breakfast at the DLH it was lovely to spot them .

I have read that the new cabins at DCR are not as spacious as the old ones - is this true? Did you have a new one?

I know what you mean about repeat visits so close together. I am a little worried about our Nov trip but had hoped from people's reviews recently that it might be better than the time we had in June. If it isn't that great I just know DH will say 'no more' for a good while and we'll concentrate on WDW in 2015 if that is the case.

I think sometimes when something is built up so much before you arrive - dreams etc, and the whole September being a good time to go (partly from me!), sometimes it just sadly doesn't live up to those huge expectations and you can't help feeling a little deflated. Certainly the weather won't have helped at all.

I can't believe that you only took 12 photos - that's not like you at all....! Hope you got one of Elsie as Jessie!

At least you will get your Disney fix going to WDW and then the Cruise too - lucky thing!
Old 09-29-2012, 02:56 PM   #8
tinks_1989
need a like button

Quote:
Originally Posted by angel_nix View Post
Welcome back, shame about the rain, that's always my big worry. I can cope with cold, but not cold and wet Forecast for this week looks ok, as long as it doesn't rain, I don't mind, the girls can wear their dresses over layers if it comes to it!

We're off tomorrow, and planning on going to Cowboy Cookout, so will get there early, glad that you all had a nice time on the whole. Looking forward to the TR.
The rain was terrible nothing like last year when we spent the entire trip in shorts and t shirts. I layered Elsie up in our March trip long sleeved vests tights, leggins. Its so warm inside though whilst waiting in the new meet Mickey it was so hot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennisfan View Post
Welcome back, shame about the wet weather, sounds like you had good character interactions
The best Pluto is a definitely Elsie's favourite she hasn't left her soft toy Pluto alone since we got home.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Becgaz View Post
I've been looking out for Elsie all week! I wanted to see her amazing outfits.
The weather was terrible wasn't it, I'm just glad it wasn't cold.
I see what you mean about the characters in cafe mickey. Lucky for us our oldest 2 boys were happy to have an autograph and a picture, they're apparently too cool to be playing with them! Poor gepetto tried to hang about and the boys went back to their meal!
X
I understand they have to see every one but why dont they just have more characters just like they used to last September we saw twice as many characters.

We barely saw anything but Main Street USA Elsie was so excited by the castle we just walked around the central hub area pointing at it lol!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLPDreams View Post
Welcome back - I can't believe it has gone over so quickly.

I am sorry to read that things weren't as great as you had hoped. I was convinced you'd have an amazing time as our best trip was end Sept.

Pluto sounds great - CBCO is fab. I really can't see why they are stopping it - the only thing I can think of is it's not paying/profitable??

Did you do the Princess Pavilion this time? Did you go to City Hall and ask about Rapunzel like you were promised?

I totally understand your point about Cafe Mickey - although I didn't comment on it in my TR, I also felt that character interaction was rushed - it was like they didn't want to try (it was very busy though). Goofy at CM and Inventions was the worst I've come across - not funny or full of tricks/interaction or anything at any of the tables I saw . We are going to try CM dinner on our next trip as we've always done lunchtime - in the hope it will have more atmosphere.

I loved seeing the Halloween decs appear every day on our Sept trip too - every morning at breakfast at the DLH it was lovely to spot them .

I have read that the new cabins at DCR are not as spacious as the old ones - is this true? Did you have a new one?

I know what you mean about repeat visits so close together. I am a little worried about our Nov trip but had hoped from people's reviews recently that it might be better than the time we had in June. If it isn't that great I just know DH will say 'no more' for a good while and we'll concentrate on WDW in 2015 if that is the case.

I think sometimes when something is built up so much before you arrive - dreams etc, and the whole September being a good time to go (partly from me!), sometimes it just sadly doesn't live up to those huge expectations and you can't help feeling a little deflated. Certainly the weather won't have helped at all.

I can't believe that you only took 12 photos - that's not like you at all....! Hope you got one of Elsie as Jessie!

At least you will get your Disney fix going to WDW and then the Cruise too - lucky thing!
September last year was amazing and I think the weather just had a hge impact makes every where seem busier more people waiting for rides more people waiting under shelter.

CBCO was amazing I guess because it is so quiet in there its just not making enough money such a shame it was by far our best character meal ever. Just worried Elsie will expect Pluto to always do that now.

Nope we didnt meet a single princess on this trip. The day we arrived PP was at 60 minutes I considered it but we were all so tired from getting up at 2am we were only really in the park for our passes, something to eat and waiting for 3pm for our cabin. I didnt ask about Rapunzel City Hall was always busy and she was so happy just wondering around I didnt want to take her away from her exploring

Minnie Mouse in March at Cafe Mickey was amazing! She sat with Elsie fed her picked her up cuddled her. This time she came over pointed at her dress, signed her book, posed for a photo and was gone! Didnt see her again. Inventions Elsie was dressed in her Mickey Mouse costume we saw Mickey in the room where the food was so we waited and waited. Waited 40 minutes after finishing food didnt see him then he was gone. We couldnt wait any longer as we wanted to get a spot for Dreams. That was disappointing.

The halloween decs are amazing I loved them! I cant wait for this Halloween to take Elsie trick or Treating.

Davy Crockett Last year we had a new cabin it was perfect the size was great 2 good size bedrooms 2 shower rooms lounge/kitchen area was big enough for all of us to sit in. I think this was actually an older cabin.

Dave said before we arrived we could go for Christmas but that would be it for atleast 5 years at first I was gutted but now I'm excited for WDW and our potential cruise. I am sure you will have a great time on your next trip.

I havent got any photos of Elsie dressed as Jessie Dave, mum and dad have though.
Old 09-29-2012, 03:57 PM   #9
Disneyfied family
Earning My Ears

Thought you may like these photos then

Hope this works as I haven't done it before, so fingers crossed.
DLP 2/94 Cheyenne 12/94 Santa fe. June & Dec 95 Davy Crockett 96 Sequioa Lodge & Davy Crockett. 97 Sequioa Lodge 8/07 Santa Fe. 4/10 2010 Newport Bay Club. 9/11 Davy Crockett Ranch 9/12 Davy Crockett Ranch.
WDW 4/99 6/00 4/01 6/02 8/03 7/04 08/06 10/07 12/08 12/09 05/11
Disneyland California 4/01 & 5/12
Hong Kong Disneyland 6/08

Last edited by Disneyfied family; 09-29-2012 at 04:37 PM.
Disneyfied family is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 04:02 PM   #10
RoseBug
I'm a Geordie, we don't own coats and go out in the snow barefoot!

So sorry the trip didn't live up to expectations. This is why, in a way, we are glad we can't afford to go back next year, because maybe too much of a good thing can spoil things!

Pluto at CBCO is just FAB isn't he? That was one of the most amazing bits of character interaction for Rosebug too - just so much fun! So glad you loved it there. I felt the same about CM - we enjoyed it, but it was very rushed!

Can't wait to read your TR!
Disneyland California July 1998 *Day trip* Disneyland Paris August 2004 *Kyriad* Disneyland Paris February 2007 *Day Trip whilst visiting Paris*Disneyland Paris June 2009 *New York* Disneyland Paris February 2012 *Cheyenne* Disneyland Paris August 2012 *Newport Bay Hotel Admirals Floor* Disneyland Paris February 2014 *The Disneyland Hotel* Disneyland Paris February 2015 *The Disneyland Hotel*

RoseBug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 04:39 PM   #11
Disneyfied family
Earning My Ears

So cute

DLP 2/94 Cheyenne 12/94 Santa fe. June & Dec 95 Davy Crockett 96 Sequioa Lodge & Davy Crockett. 97 Sequioa Lodge 8/07 Santa Fe. 4/10 2010 Newport Bay Club. 9/11 Davy Crockett Ranch 9/12 Davy Crockett Ranch.
Old 09-29-2012, 04:45 PM   #12
Disneyfied family
Earning My Ears

Old 09-29-2012, 05:42 PM   #13
tinks_1989
need a like button

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyfied family View Post
Thought you may like these photos then

Hope this works as I haven't done it before, so fingers crossed.
Thanks Mum :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoseBug View Post
So sorry the trip didn't live up to expectations. This is why, in a way, we are glad we can't afford to go back next year, because maybe too much of a good thing can spoil things!

Pluto at CBCO is just FAB isn't he? That was one of the most amazing bits of character interaction for Rosebug too - just so much fun! So glad you loved it there. I felt the same about CM - we enjoyed it, but it was very rushed!

Can't wait to read your TR!
I have started the TR in draft but need to find some photos from some one

HINT HINT mum lol!

Pluto was just amazing! I have got one photo of how amazing pluto was.

Old 09-30-2012, 03:38 AM   #14
Mum to Belle
Thinks she may know someone who has a planner

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinks_1989 View Post
Pluto was just amazing! I have got one photo of how amazing pluto was.

Awwwww!!! That is such a lovely thing to have to keep

Sorry to hear that your trip wasn't everything you had hoped, I think we had that feeling after our trip last summer, (we had some serious rain!) and it does leave you a bit flat. I have to say though, that the Christmas trip last year brought back all the magic for me!!! Just hoping this next trip is as good, fingers crossed!!

Some fab photos from your Mum!! Elsie is just adorable x

p.s. WDW and a Disney Cruise - you lucky girl!!
Mum to Belle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 05:57 AM   #15
tinks_1989
need a like button

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mum to Belle View Post
Awwwww!!! That is such a lovely thing to have to keep

Sorry to hear that your trip wasn't everything you had hoped, I think we had that feeling after our trip last summer, (we had some serious rain!) and it does leave you a bit flat. I have to say though, that the Christmas trip last year brought back all the magic for me!!! Just hoping this next trip is as good, fingers crossed!!

Some fab photos from your Mum!! Elsie is just adorable x

p.s. WDW and a Disney Cruise - you lucky girl!!
It is very special :D

The rain just stops you doing so much especially when you have little ones.

x

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: