Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-07-2013, 09:39 AM   #286
tinkerbelltwins
DIS Veteran

Golly I'm chatty this morning - must be too many cups of java. Meant to also add a GOOD LUCK Jen on your job prospects. Hope you get what you want!

Beth

Disney Magic: Western Caribbean Halloween 10/30/10; NY to Nowhere 6/15/12; Southern Caribbean 10/11/14; Repo from San Juan to PC, 10/18/14; Magic in the Med 8/29/15
Disney Dream: Bahamas Birthday 5/19/11; Bahamas Double-Dip 8/16/11
Disney Wonder: Alaska 8/13/12
Disney Fantasy: Eastern Caribbean Thanksgiving 11/17/12; Eastern Caribbean 8/23/14
tinkerbelltwins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 11:03 AM   #287
JKSWonder
Twelve plus trips and counting

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerbelltwins View Post
Even though Steve and I only did the 2-day last June out of NY, it was so much fun sailing past the Statue of Liberty. It was only adults so the first time for us using the "Not-So-Quiet" Cove pool on the Magic. Definitely a cruise I'd repeat again, but hopefully for a much longer time and with the kiddos. Love the convenience of hopping a train from Union Station in DC up to NYC!
I would do a cruise out of NYC, but I just don't want to go to the Bahamas again. Now, if they added Bermuda as a port, I would be there!
Register to remove

Old 02-08-2013, 08:45 AM   #288
DLW8
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKSWonder View Post
I would do a cruise out of NYC, but I just don't want to go to the Bahamas again. Now, if they added Bermuda as a port, I would be there!
I totally agree, I would love to be able to cruise out of NY and to go Bermuda...but those summer prices on DCL are such a killer....

3/2014 Solo weekend Yacht Club, 9/2012 Eastern Cruise on the Fantasy, 9/2011 Animal Kingdom Lodge to celebrate our 15th Anniversary, 11/2010 Cruisin on the Magic, 12/5/09 First Cruise with a stay at the Poly, 1/16/08 First Family trip: Boardwalk Villas, 5/2000 PO, 10/1997 Dixie, 8/1995 Yacht Club, 6/1995 All Star Music, 1972 - 1989: off property trips in my youth!!

Currently saving for a Fall Western Fantasy in 2014!
DLW8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 09:01 AM   #289
podsnel
just skippin' around, amusing myself...

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by DLW8 View Post
I totally agree, I would love to be able to cruise out of NY and to go Bermuda...but those summer prices on DCL are such a killer....
I would prefer Bermuda too- I was actually very surprised when they didn't do that port the last time! People don't even get off the ship in the Bahamas, it is soooooo done. But Bermuda? Absolutely gorgeous!

And I agree, the summer prices are a killer, but when I factor in driving from home for 45 minutes vs. airfare, an overnight, meals etc for an extra day or two....not to mention the EXTREME luxury of driving home in under an hour- well, it kind of makes the price a little easier to swallow. The summer we took RCL Explorer of the Seas out of Bayonne for 9 nights was the BEST! But I don't think Timmy will go back on that ship unless we have a group with us- he was bored. If they switched out EOS and gave us a Freedom class, it would be another story. But Explorer seems to have a permanent umbilical cord to Bayonne, RCL just won't switch it out.
podsnel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 09:24 AM   #290
JKSWonder

Quote:
Originally Posted by podsnel

I would prefer Bermuda too- I was actually very surprised when they didn't do that port the last time! People don't even get off the ship in the Bahamas, it is soooooo done. But Bermuda? Absolutely gorgeous!

And I agree, the summer prices are a killer, but when I factor in driving from home for 45 minutes vs. airfare, an overnight, meals etc for an extra day or two....not to mention the EXTREME luxury of driving home in under an hour- well, it kind of makes the price a little easier to swallow. The summer we took RCL Explorer of the Seas out of Bayonne for 9 nights was the BEST! But I don't think Timmy will go back on that ship unless we have a group with us- he was bored. If they switched out EOS and gave us a Freedom class, it would be another story. But Explorer seems to have a permanent umbilical cord to Bayonne, RCL just won't switch it out.
I'm pretty sure my kids would have been bored too. Other than maybe Oasis or Allure, I'm not sure a ship other than DCL would go over that we'll with them at this particular point in time. Particularly for Michael. Change is not his favorite thing to say the least.
Old 02-08-2013, 05:40 PM   #291
tinkerbelltwins
DIS Veteran

Never been to Bermuda but would love to see it on a Disney Cruise.

Disney Magic: Western Caribbean Halloween 10/30/10; NY to Nowhere 6/15/12; Southern Caribbean 10/11/14; Repo from San Juan to PC, 10/18/14; Magic in the Med 8/29/15
Disney Dream: Bahamas Birthday 5/19/11; Bahamas Double-Dip 8/16/11
Disney Wonder: Alaska 8/13/12
Disney Fantasy: Eastern Caribbean Thanksgiving 11/17/12; Eastern Caribbean 8/23/14
tinkerbelltwins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 10:11 PM   #292
WhitGB
DIS Veteran

Please update soon, we miss you! I have to live vicariously through you! Hope your jobs are going well.

WhitGB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 09:28 AM   #293
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by podsnel View Post
I really, really hope they are! I am praying they are coming back to NYC in the summer next year- couldn't do it last year, and it is soooooo close to home.... Count me in as another big fan of our Halloween cruise!
I'm pretty sure they are not. I can't remember how we came to that conclusion, but it looks like they won't, but you never know.
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 09:39 PM   #294
JustTJ
Luv Dising

Quote:
I'm pretty sure my kids would have been bored too. Other than maybe Oasis or Allure, I'm not sure a ship other than DCL would go over that we'll with them at this particular point in time. Particularly for Michael. Change is not his favorite thing to say the least.
For my Birthday yesterday, my DH surprised me with reservations on the FEB 1st, 2014 OASIS OF THE SEAS!!! I had investigated cost comparisons, but just could not bring myself to book another line. A month later, I find out HE Booked it as my birthday present. How sweet. Though I'm excited now, I was very nervous when I first saw the papers, as it's not DISNEY. Thanks to Jen's Trip report from their Allure Of the Seas cruise, I'm totally looking forward to this one now
2011 Disney Dream "Mommy & Tim" B2B Cruise
2013 Disney Fantasy "Escape From Winter" Cruise

2014 RCI Oasis "Birthday Cruise"
2014 Disney Fantasy "Halloween" Cruise
JustTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 04:15 PM   #295
nenner1
I must've been distracted by the Cafe Press Logo Thong talk!

OMG I love all this convo- thank you guys for keeping this thread rocking during my very conspicuous absence!

Here's what's going on- I am in my 3rd week at the current new job and it is very hard adjusting to the new hours and days off. Is pretty much how I feel all the time. I'm sure it will get better eventually...that is:

IF I do not get new job opportunity #1. I had an interview on Monday and I think it went pretty much as good as it could go. LOL. The questions were very specific to the job, but I have no prior experience so I honestly have no clue if I will get it or not. I think the boss liked me, but if someone else with experience is in contention then I don't have as good of a chance. We shall see, I should find out next week. If by chance I do get that job then it will get even crazier temporarily while we adjust.

And if not there is still job opportunity #2, which is a temporary assignment to cover a vacancy. Job #2 is on hold until we find out what happens with job #1.

So...the good news is I have a long weekend due to the holiday and I hope to get back here and get to work and have an update this weekend.

Oh and on the cruise front..we are booked on the Fantasy again for 2014- Halloween 10-25-14. In the same rooms we had on this cruise (which were awesome, and I promise that you will get to see someday)

We are also booked on Oasis 11-9-13, we moved that cruise from Thanksgiving to save some $$$. And we are now also booked on the Carnival Breeze 5-5-13 special thanks to my old boss who financed 2/3 of that cruise (or more since they still owe me $$$) in penalties paid to me by improperly keeping me in my old job since November. Gotta love that.

So LOTS going on here still!!

Royal Caribbean Allure of the Seas 9/2011- NEW! TRIP REPORT! - Disney Magic 7 Night Western 10/2010: Trip Report - Royal Caribbean Independence of the Seas 1/2010: Trip Report and Videos - Disney Magic 7 Night Western Double Dip 09/08: Trip Report - Disney Wonder 3 Night Bahamas 10/07: Trip Report - Disney Wonder 4 Night Bahamas 03/07: Trip Report
nenner1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 09:53 PM   #296
SigalTchelet
Mouseketeer

Good luck with job #2. Fingers crossed that you get it. So nice that you have 3 cruises to look forward for. I'm going on the Fantasy on November 30th. Are you sure you want to go on Carnival? I kind of wonder if they will even be able to stay in business after this fiasco. Good luck!

Siggy aka Jill

Siggy aka Jill
Siggy's Fantastic Fantasy PTR http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3081866
WDW Caribbean Beach Resort 1994
Disneyland: Many times in my childhood, October 1976, March 1977, June 16, 1977 (Grad Night), severasl times in the 80's, August 1991, October 3, 2009 (50th Birthday), May 2010, October 2010, February 2011, May 2011, October 2011

SigalTchelet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 10:13 AM   #297
livingis2me
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SigalTchelet View Post
... I'm going on the Fantasy on November 30th. Are you sure you want to go on Carnival? I kind of wonder if they will even be able to stay in business after this fiasco. Good luck!

Siggy aka Jill
We are excited to try Carnival! They've had some bad luck lately, that's for sure... But this could happen on ANY cruise ship, even our beloved Disney. I have got to give Carnival a nod toward how they are handling the situation. A total refund, paying for everyone's transportation and a free cruise in the future...

This is going to be fun! We originally wanted to go on the Disney Dream for the same date, but it would have been about $3700 for a 4 night. We got this for less than $2300 and its a 6 night and on a brand new ship! I don't think we are going to become "Carnies", but we love trying new things! Besides, Jen (and the rest of us) could sure use a break.

Ron
Old 02-15-2013, 10:19 AM   #298
JKSWonder

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustTJ View Post
For my Birthday yesterday, my DH surprised me with reservations on the FEB 1st, 2014 OASIS OF THE SEAS!!! I had investigated cost comparisons, but just could not bring myself to book another line. A month later, I find out HE Booked it as my birthday present. How sweet. Though I'm excited now, I was very nervous when I first saw the papers, as it's not DISNEY. Thanks to Jen's Trip report from their Allure Of the Seas cruise, I'm totally looking forward to this one now
Awesome gift!

Quote:
Originally Posted by livingis2me View Post
We are excited to try Carnival! They've had some bad luck lately, that's for sure... But this could happen on ANY cruise ship, even our beloved Disney. I have got to give Carnival a nod toward how they are handling the situation. A total refund, paying for everyone's transportation and a free cruise in the future...

This is going to be fun! We originally wanted to go on the Disney Dream for the same date, but it would have been about $3700 for a 4 night. We got this for less than $2300 and its a 6 night and on a brand new ship! I don't think we are going to become "Carnies", but we love trying new things! Besides, Jen (and the rest of us) could sure use a break.

Ron
You and Jen will have to let us know how Carnival is, particularly for the kids. I've been tempted to book with them, because the pricing is often so attractive, but that whole reputation of being a party boat thing keeps scaring me off.
Old 02-16-2013, 09:26 AM   #299
threeiscrazy
DIS Veteran

Location: Home is where the Navy sends us, for the moment Northern Virginia

Quote:

You and Jen will have to let us know how Carnival is, particularly for the kids. I've been tempted to book with them, because the pricing is often so attractive, but that whole reputation of being a party boat thing keeps scaring me off.
This is how we feel too.

Discover
threeiscrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 11:27 PM   #300
anewmac
Ive got nothing planned whats an OCVP to do?

U will enjoy carni we did and it was on an oldership the breeze looks amazing! The party ship mentality is no longer they keep it family friendly. And there is always the adult serenity area for some relaxing time. U know I can't wait to hear about it.. Glad I pushed u over the edge lol

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: