Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Disneyland Paris Trip Planning & Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-30-2012, 02:45 PM   #1
nicola
Tinkerbell
Bring it on baby!!!

rer

does the rer go directly from cdg to dlp?

2 trips to WDW in early 90's
May, 2003 DLP NPBC
June, 2004 DLP HNY
May, 2005 DLP HNY

Nov, 2005 DLP DLH (Yea!!!)

nicola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 02:57 PM   #2
Carrie_Cat
I'm a Rive Gauche person

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicola View Post
does the rer go directly from cdg to dlp?
No from the airport you can go into Paris on the RER B and then you have to change at Chatelet-Les Halles onto the RER A and that goes out to DLP.

Vive la différence
Carrie_Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-30-2012, 03:01 PM   #3
DLPdaft
Cannot stop singing "Just like we dreeeeamed it"
Has a calming influence

DISboards Moderator

are you thinking of the TGV Nicola? It does go direct from CDG to DLP.
Feb 07 Santa Fe, Oct 07 Santa Fe, Nov 07 Cheyenne, June 08 Explorers, Oct 08 surprise upgrade to the Newport Bay Club! May 09 Magic Circus, Dec 09 Santa Fe VIP, Oct 10 Santa Fe "Cars stylee", March 11 St Patricks Day Santa Fe, Nov 11 Dream Castle bonfire and Christmas, June 12 Dream Castle 20th Dreams, Feb 13 Santa Fe & Dreams, April 14 Santa Fe Spring Festival Fun
DLPdaft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 04:07 PM   #4
nicola
Tinkerbell
Bring it on baby!!!

no still looking for a solution to my problem of getting from cdg to cheyenne on our first night arriving at 20:50 so vea and tgv already gone. reading reviews of shuttles on trip advisor only confirmed that i really dont want to use a prebooked shuttle...dont know what we are going to do as it would be too late to drag the kids into paris and then transfer and back to dlp already at that time of night...would it be likely that there would be taxi's outside at that time of night on a sun night?

May, 2003 DLP NPBC
June, 2004 DLP HNY
May, 2005 DLP HNY

Old 09-30-2012, 04:10 PM   #5
DLPdaft
Cannot stop singing "Just like we dreeeeamed it"
Has a calming influence

DISboards Moderator

if its the driving you're concerned with nicola, a taxi driver is not going to be any better/slower/more considerate than a shuttle driver (because a shuttle is a taxi by another name).

My advice is, don't read tripadvisor .
Feb 07 Santa Fe, Oct 07 Santa Fe, Nov 07 Cheyenne, June 08 Explorers, Oct 08 surprise upgrade to the Newport Bay Club! May 09 Magic Circus, Dec 09 Santa Fe VIP, Oct 10 Santa Fe "Cars stylee", March 11 St Patricks Day Santa Fe, Nov 11 Dream Castle bonfire and Christmas, June 12 Dream Castle 20th Dreams, Feb 13 Santa Fe & Dreams, April 14 Santa Fe Spring Festival Fun
DLPdaft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 04:14 PM   #6
Carrie_Cat
I'm a Rive Gauche person

If you really don't want to get into a car, be it a proper licensed taxi or a someones private car (ie shuttle) look at staying at the airport in a hotel over night and getting the TGV or VEA the next day.

Vive la différence
Old 09-30-2012, 04:21 PM   #7
nicola
Tinkerbell
Bring it on baby!!!

thanks guys...not an option to stay at airport as i have already booked and paid for cheyenne. trip advisor is flooded with bad reviews re all the various shuttle companies...soooo many people let down where companies didnt show up or left them waiting for hours.people struggled in some cases to get their money back too!! theres soooo many bad reviews that i find them hard to ignore.their advice is NEVER pay a shuttle company in advance... and to just take a taxi as they are similar price if not cheaper anyway...BUT will there be a taxi waiting that is the question!

May, 2003 DLP NPBC
June, 2004 DLP HNY
May, 2005 DLP HNY

Old 09-30-2012, 04:31 PM   #8
Carrie_Cat
I'm a Rive Gauche person

Quote:
thanks guys...not an option to stay at airport as i have already booked and paid for cheyenne. trip advisor is flooded with bad reviews re all the various shuttle companies...soooo many people let down where companies didnt show up or left them waiting for hours.people struggled in some cases to get their money back too!! theres soooo many bad reviews that i find them hard to ignore.their advice is NEVER pay a shuttle company in advance... and to just take a taxi as they are similar price if not cheaper anyway...BUT will there be a taxi waiting that is the question!
There will be loads and loads of taxis whatever the time you are at the airport.

When I lived in Paris I'd always get one back from CDG at night. Shuttles to Paris and back are not reliable here like in the US and that's what they are talking about on TA.

But the ones that people use to go to DLP are different...out of them I'd use RS Transport or Tio Shuttle (they don't ask for advanced payment which is good in my mind) http://www.tioshuttle.com/

Vive la différence
Old 09-30-2012, 04:31 PM   #9
A Small World

I always like to give a little royal wave whilst Im up there
Not even looking at it til I get some housework done

Im sure when we used RS transports we didnt pay for them in advance. We booked the return trip and then paid them when they dropped us off at the hotel
WDW - Christmas 1991 -Off site; WDW - Christmas 1992 -Off site; WDW - Summer 1996 - All Stars; WDW - Summer 2003 -All Stars; DLP - Easter 2006- Santa Fe; DLP- Easter 2007 - Santa Fe + Explorers; DLP - Summer 2007 - Holiday Inn; DLP - Christmas 2007 -DCR; DLP - Easter 2008 - Cheyenne; DLP Summer 2008 Explorers + Sequoia Lodge; Nov 09 DDs surprise birthday trip- Kyriad; Feb2009 Disneyland Hotel; Easter 09 Kyriad; Summer 09 Newport Bay; Oct 10- DL ; Dec 11 - DL: Dec 12 DL
A Small World is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 04:42 PM   #10
nicola
Tinkerbell
Bring it on baby!!!

thanku both so much...think i will opt for one of those and just not pay in advance...even though its cheaper...dont think i want to chance it!

May, 2003 DLP NPBC
June, 2004 DLP HNY
May, 2005 DLP HNY

Old 09-30-2012, 04:58 PM   #11
nicola
Tinkerbell
Bring it on baby!!!

£$^^!!! it wont let me book on rs transports site as it is saying that we will have 'night costs' due to flight arriving at 20:50!!! anybody encountered this?? i have sent them an email but also sent them one last week and john from ezyshuttle and neither company replied!!! not impressed!!

May, 2003 DLP NPBC
June, 2004 DLP HNY
May, 2005 DLP HNY

Old 09-30-2012, 05:04 PM   #12
Carrie_Cat
I'm a Rive Gauche person

Quote:
£$^^!!! it wont let me book on rs transports site as it is saying that we will have 'night costs' due to flight arriving at 20:50!!! anybody encountered this?? i have sent them an email but also sent them one last week and john from ezyshuttle and neither company replied!!! not impressed!!
I've heard of it yes them charging extra out of normal hours
try Tio. Thorsten (Thba) used them a couple of times and had no complaints. They even came to Gare du Nord and picked him up from the train

Vive la différence

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: