Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reservations
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-30-2012, 02:17 PM   #1
Sprocks
Earning My Ears

Too much food?

How many ADRs are too much? I typically do one a day--or if I do 2, it's breakfast/dinner. Here's my dilemma: On our second MK day, I have a 12:45 @ Liberty Tree Tavern and a 5:00 ADR at TRex cafe--I tried later, but they didn't have anything until 8:40 and that's too late for my kids. Normally, I'd cancel LTT, but it is the day before Thanksgiving so it seems like we should do *something* along these lines.

Thoughts? is TRex worth it? Am I being silly re: LTT? Kids are 9 and 6.
Old 09-30-2012, 02:30 PM   #2
Nancyg56
DIS Veteran

I would not have two so close together. You will just finish one meal and will have to plan on getting to the second. I would keep LTT and have later on when the kids were hungry.
Register to remove

Old 09-30-2012, 02:39 PM   #3
MarkF0wle
"It's kind of fun to do the impossible."

I like eating at TRex, although it's not amazing food. But it is solid eats, big portions, but the draw is the theming.

I wouldn't have them so close together; I would say TRex (and the Rainforest Cafes) are less important to have ADRs as the majority of the seats aren't released to ADRs & as such when you turn up at the door they just stack you into a queue & you sit when a table because available. They turn over tables really quickly, I have never waited more than 30 minutes for a table & that was at 7pm during August when DTD was heaving.

So providing you're willing to wait your turn you can just turn up & eat when you feel hungry. Unlike with the Disney restuarants not having an ADR there is not a death blow.

Disney's All-Star Sports / Disney Dream Cruise / Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort - April 2015
Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort - May 2014 | Disney's Old Key West Resort - May 2013
Disney's Coronado Springs Resort - May 2012 | Lake Buena Vista Resort Village & Spa - May 2011, August 2010, August 2008 | Bahama Bay Resort - August 2006
Resident's Inn - August 2002 | Double Tree Resort - August 2004, August 2001, August 1999, August 1997 | Fantasy Villas - August 1996, August 1993, April 1991

Last edited by MarkF0wle; 09-30-2012 at 02:41 PM. Reason: Spell check.
MarkF0wle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 06:58 PM   #4
Colleen27
DIS Veteran

Did you try calling T-Rex? They only release some of their tables into the WDW dining system, so calling the restaurant directly often gets better results than checking Disney Dining.

Also, if you're a Landry's Select Club member you get priority seating there if you go in as a walk-up. There's a $25 cost to sign up but you immediately get a $25 "welcome reward" credit - not especially useful if you're on the dining plan (unless you go to Rainforest or another Landry's restaurant at home) but if you're paying OOP it would be another way to get a better seating time there.

Colleen27 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: