Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-08-2012, 11:26 AM   #1
msteffen
Earning My Ears

irons

Do you guys know if we can bring a travel iron on board? I dont wanna have to go to the laundry room every night. And I know im gonna need to iron. Thanks for your info
msteffen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 11:30 AM   #2
So_Confused
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by msteffen
Do you guys know if we can bring a travel iron on board? I dont wanna have to go to the laundry room every night. And I know im gonna need to iron. Thanks for your info
My iron was removed from my bag and I had to pick it up when we arrived back at the port;(
So_Confused is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-08-2012, 11:32 AM   #3
lsenquiz
DIS Veteran

Is there a list of things that you can not bring? I checked the Disney site but it only talks about coolers and food.
lsenquiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 11:33 AM   #4
Momma2Jax
DIS Veteran

No, they are listed as prohibited items. Just FYI, you can send your clothes to be pressed for a small fee, or iron them all at once, and hang them up in the closet.

Me DH DS 5

Momma2Jax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 11:33 AM   #5
Zandy595
DIS Veteran
The other day I found a big honkin' frog in my toilet

From DisneyCruise.com
Quote:
Prohibited Items
Electrical appliances such as rice cookers, hot plates, coffee makers, electric irons, bottle sterilizer and bottle warmers, electric blankets, electric blenders, etc. Please note: A limited number of approved bottle warmers and bottle sterilizers are available upon request through Guest Services. Also all ships offer laundry facilities with irons and ironing boards. Valet laundry service is also available for a nominal fee.

Animal Kingdom Lodge Pop Century All Star Music All Star Movies Caribbean Beach DCL Wonder 2001 DCL Magic Eastern 2004 DCL Magic Western 2008 DCL Dream 2011, 2012, 2014
Zandy595 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 11:34 AM   #6
Momma2Jax
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsenquiz
Is there a list of things that you can not bring? I checked the Disney site but it only talks about coolers and food.
http://disneycruise.disney.go.com/fa...hibited-items/

Question
What items are not permitted on board?

Answer
In order to maintain a safe and secure environment for our Guests and crew, the following are examples of items that Guests are not allowed to bring on board. These and other similar items will be confiscated upon being found.

Weapons and firearms (including ammunition, knivesincluding dive knivesswords, daggers or any other types of weapons) are not allowed onboard under any circumstances
Realistic replicas of firearms and weapons
Highly flammable liquids and combustible substances
Non prescribed controlled substances, illegal drugs, medically prescribed and synthetic marijuana
Power Tools and Tool boxes (except those tools of the trade utilized by vendors providing services)
Sporting equipment (i.e., baseball and cricket bats, hockey and lacrosse sticks, pool cues, ski poles, fishing gear and archery equipment.)
SCUBA equipment (i.e., tanks, spears guns /slings, dive knives, pry bar, and underwater scooter)
Kites, balloons, surfboards, wave boards, inflatable floats/pools (including pool noodles), and wagons
Bicycles, Segways, skateboards, inline & roller skates, any footwear with wheels, (i.e. Heely's type shoes)
Electrical appliances such as rice cookers, hot plates, coffee makers, electric irons, bottle sterilizer and bottle warmers, electric blankets, electric blenders, etc. Please note: A limited number of approved bottle warmers and bottle sterilizers are available upon request through Guest Services. Also all ships offer laundry facilities with irons and ironing boards. Valet laundry service is also available for a nominal fee.
Candles & Incense
DVD, VCR, or Blu ray players or, Playstation, Xbox, and Nintendo Wii gaming systems are not allowed because of compatibility issues with the stateroom TVs
Musical instruments
Large Ice Coolers (Please note: small, personal-sized coolers, no larger than 12" x 12" x 12" brought onboard for the purpose of housing medications are permitted as carry-on luggage.)
Homemade, pre-cooked or other perishable food items plus any open snack containers
Metal detectors are not allowed on the ship or on Castaway Cay, as any object found using thesedevices would need to be returned to the owner or donated to charity
Personal fireworks or pyrotechnics
Seasonal and celebratory lighting strings
Liquid oxygen
The following items are permitted but with the following restrictions:

Walkie-talkies and two-way radios (e.g., Motorola, JVC). Please be aware that the amount of steel in the ship's infrastructure may cause some "dead zones" and the radios may not transmit in these areas.
A small portable fan. However, please contact Guest Services to have the Chief Electrician approve the use of your particular appliance in the stateroom.
Coast Guard approved personal flotation devices (PFDs) and flotation sewn into the bathing suit for safety. However, recreational floating devices such as floats, rafts and fun noodles cannot be brought on board and are not permitted in the pools or on Castaway Cay.
Golf clubs, as long as they are stored in your stateroom.

Me DH DS 5

Old 10-08-2012, 11:35 AM   #7
PrincessShmoo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsenquiz View Post
Here's a link to the full list of prohibited items:

HAL Alaska 2009;2012;PC 2013Carnival Baja 2014
DCL Magic May 2008 Panama Canal WB, Sep 2010 Med/WB TransAtlantic,
DCL Wonder Oct & Dec 2011 Mexico, Oct 2012 Hawaii

DL too numerous to count WDW 1974, 1983, 1985, 1989, 1991, 1997, 2001, 2008 Tokyo DL 1984
PrincessShmoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 11:36 AM   #8
Zandy595
DIS Veteran
The other day I found a big honkin' frog in my toilet

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsenquiz View Post

Animal Kingdom Lodge Pop Century All Star Music All Star Movies Caribbean Beach DCL Wonder 2001 DCL Magic Eastern 2004 DCL Magic Western 2008 DCL Dream 2011, 2012, 2014
Zandy595 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 11:36 AM   #9
PrincessShmoo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momma2Jax View Post

Question
What items are not permitted on board?

Answer
In order to maintain a safe and secure environment for our Guests and crew, the following are examples of items that Guests are not allowed to bring on board. These and other similar items will be confiscated upon being found.

Weapons and firearms (including ammunition, knivesincluding dive knivesswords, daggers or any other types of weapons) are not allowed onboard under any circumstances
Realistic replicas of firearms and weapons
Highly flammable liquids and combustible substances
Non prescribed controlled substances, illegal drugs, medically prescribed and synthetic marijuana
Power Tools and Tool boxes (except those tools of the trade utilized by vendors providing services)
Sporting equipment (i.e., baseball and cricket bats, hockey and lacrosse sticks, pool cues, ski poles, fishing gear and archery equipment.)
SCUBA equipment (i.e., tanks, spears guns /slings, dive knives, pry bar, and underwater scooter)
Kites, balloons, surfboards, wave boards, inflatable floats/pools (including pool noodles), and wagons
Bicycles, Segways, skateboards, inline & roller skates, any footwear with wheels, (i.e. Heely's type shoes)
Candles & Incense
DVD, VCR, or Blu ray players or, Playstation, Xbox, and Nintendo Wii gaming systems are not allowed because of compatibility issues with the stateroom TVs
Musical instruments
Large Ice Coolers (Please note: small, personal-sized coolers, no larger than 12" x 12" x 12" brought onboard for the purpose of housing medications are permitted as carry-on luggage.)
Homemade, pre-cooked or other perishable food items plus any open snack containers
Metal detectors are not allowed on the ship or on Castaway Cay, as any object found using thesedevices would need to be returned to the owner or donated to charity
Personal fireworks or pyrotechnics
Seasonal and celebratory lighting strings
Liquid oxygen
The following items are permitted but with the following restrictions:

Walkie-talkies and two-way radios (e.g., Motorola, JVC). Please be aware that the amount of steel in the ship's infrastructure may cause some "dead zones" and the radios may not transmit in these areas.
A small portable fan. However, please contact Guest Services to have the Chief Electrician approve the use of your particular appliance in the stateroom.
Coast Guard approved personal flotation devices (PFDs) and flotation sewn into the bathing suit for safety. However, recreational floating devices such as floats, rafts and fun noodles cannot be brought on board and are not permitted in the pools or on Castaway Cay.
Golf clubs, as long as they are stored in your stateroom.
You beat me!

HAL Alaska 2009;2012;PC 2013Carnival Baja 2014
DCL Magic May 2008 Panama Canal WB, Sep 2010 Med/WB TransAtlantic,
DCL Wonder Oct & Dec 2011 Mexico, Oct 2012 Hawaii

DL too numerous to count WDW 1974, 1983, 1985, 1989, 1991, 1997, 2001, 2008 Tokyo DL 1984
PrincessShmoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 11:40 AM   #10
lsenquiz
DIS Veteran

Thanks. There is something I am hoping to bring on that some might consider strange. I have a big fear of the chairs and table out on our veranda. Mainly that our little one might climb on them and go over board. Therefore I am thinking of having the furniture removed. So I was wondering if we could bring the chair we typically use at the beach? They are the very low to the ground chairs that recline back?
lsenquiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 12:14 PM   #11
msteffen
Earning My Ears

Anyone know what the fee is to have your clothes ironed?
Old 10-08-2012, 12:23 PM   #12
BoosGram
Better than a candygram....I tink, therefore I am.

Quote:
Originally Posted by msteffen View Post
Anyone know what the fee is to have your clothes ironed?
The charge for pressing is half the charge for dry cleaning. The price chart for dry cleaning is here: http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...85&postcount=4. For being on board a ship, the dry cleaning prices are fairly comparable to outside! (The prices were verified at the end of last year, so are pretty current.)

BoosGram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 12:29 PM   #13
msteffen
Earning My Ears

Thank you all for your help. Its so nice to get answers and so quickly. Thanks again
Old 10-08-2012, 12:36 PM   #14
hmurra75
Mouseketeer

Do they throw it away if you bring a prohibited item?

We are staying at WDW before our trip and are considering buying a coffee pot for our room since they don't have one and we are coffee junkies. But instead of throwing it away when we are done, I thought we'd just bring it with us so we can take it home when we get back.
hmurra75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 12:43 PM   #15
Momma2Jax
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hmurra75
Do they throw it away if you bring a prohibited item?

We are staying at WDW before our trip and are considering buying a coffee pot for our room since they don't have one and we are coffee junkies. But instead of throwing it away when we are done, I thought we'd just bring it with us so we can take it home when we get back.
I wouldn't think they would throw it away. Will you have transportation while at WDW? It may be worth skipping the hassle to just mail it to your home before you board.

Me DH DS 5

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: