Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-01-2012, 06:37 PM   #1
__disneygirl
well, all that's left now is the happy ending.

Any problems wearing these Mickey Mouse slippers in the parks?

Hi guys, this may seem like a strange question, but I wanted to know if there is any problem wearing these in the parks:

I wanted to wear these for the Halloween party, so I just want to make sure that Cast Members have no problem with people wearing these. I just thought maybe because they aren't real shoes they might be seen as a safety issue or something, just wanted to make sure there is no rule like this against them. I want to bring a back up pair of shoes just in case these got wet or something (I'll have to be careful on Splash), but I don't want to buy yellow sneakers when I could wear these plush slippers which just look delightfully comfortable. Thanks!
__disneygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 07:06 PM   #2
erincon23
Everyone must have gotten a life in the last few days
As you can see, I have gotten sidetracked

Just thinking about wearing those around the parks makes my feet hurt... no support whatsoever. But I have bad feet anyway.

me DH DS16 DS20 On our last family trip, 3/09
erincon23 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-01-2012, 07:11 PM   #3
davedmaine
DIS Veteran

Last time I was there a girl was walking around MK wearing a t-shirt that said, "stop staring at my t***. I really don't think anyone is going to care if you wear slippers..
davedmaine is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 07:21 PM   #4
maj42169
Wishing Upon A Star!

Just a side note, my daughter wore a pair of slippers in a local zombie walk this past weekend, and it was only about a two mile parade. The bottoms of the slippers wore a hole through the plastic of BOTH feet before she finished the walk. Check and be sure that the bottoms can withstand the cement surface. We never dreamed that her slippers, which had plastic bottoms, wouldn't hold up for the parade. Since the slippers aren't meant to be worn for long periods of walking on concrete, they may not hold up either. Good luck to you.

Daughter's First Trip - Thanksgiving 2007 Thanksgiving 2008 Family Reunion - June 2009 Thanksgiving 2009MNSSHP-September 2010Thanksgiving & MVMCP 2011Thanksgiving 2012Thanksgiving Trip2013
maj42169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 07:21 PM   #5
gizfish
We wants the redhead! Gives us the redhead!

You do realize those slippers do not have any type of true bottom to them. Within minutes of walking on pavement, your feet will be touching the ground. They will be absolutely shreaded. Not to mention all the ice cream and other sticky disgusting things those slippers will be sopping up. Also, while they are warm and comfy wearing around the house, they are anything but comfy wearing them outside on hard pavement and walking miles.
gizfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 07:51 PM   #6
__disneygirl
well, all that's left now is the happy ending.

Hi guys, thank you for all the opinions. I know that they wouldn't be comfortable to wear all night. I'm a dancer, and I was planning on wearing my jazz shoes underneath them. I'm going to do that and walk around in them before the trip to see how it will feel. I just really want make sure that these are allowed.
__disneygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 07:59 PM   #7
*~PrincessBelle~*
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by __disneygirl View Post
Hi guys, this may seem like a strange question, but I wanted to know if there is any problem wearing these in the parks:

I wanted to wear these for the Halloween party, so I just want to make sure that Cast Members have no problem with people wearing these. I just thought maybe because they aren't real shoes they might be seen as a safety issue or something, just wanted to make sure there is no rule like this against them. I want to bring a back up pair of shoes just in case these got wet or something (I'll have to be careful on Splash), but I don't want to buy yellow sneakers when I could wear these plush slippers which just look delightfully comfortable. Thanks!
PLEASE tell me you are going to MNSSHP as Gloria from Modern Family If not you need to watch the episode where her and the family go to Disneyland for the day....then you will know what I mean
*~PrincessBelle~* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 08:05 PM   #8
chartle
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by __disneygirl View Post
Hi guys, thank you for all the opinions. I know that they wouldn't be comfortable to wear all night. I'm a dancer, and I was planning on wearing my jazz shoes underneath them. I'm going to do that and walk around in them before the trip to see how it will feel. I just really want make sure that these are allowed.
That would probably make them wear out quicker by working on the inside too.

Also probably a major tripping hazard and at the end of the night you will be tossing them

But yes They will probably be allowed.
Old 10-01-2012, 08:31 PM   #9
JStiffler
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by *~PrincessBelle~*

PLEASE tell me you are going to MNSSHP as Gloria from Modern Family If not you need to watch the episode where her and the family go to Disneyland for the day....then you will know what I mean
Hahaha!!!!!!! Love it!!
JStiffler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 08:40 PM   #10
triciari
DIS Veteran

Maybe you could cut the bottoms out, but duct tape them to the tops of your jazz shoes? (I don't mean this to be a critical comment at all - I just couldn't help adding my advice, since the PPs said they are allowed.).
Old 10-01-2012, 09:42 PM   #11
silver236
Disney Vet

I got a pair of these as gifts from my students. I made the mistake of wearing the at one of our homecoming dress-up days (get-up-and-go, everyone comes in bathrobes and slippers). My feet were completely messed up by the end of the day walking on the hard floors with no support and three years later I am still battling the plantar fasciitis and the bursitis in my heels because of it. DONT DO IT!!

silver236 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 09:52 PM   #12
mattsdragon
DDC #595
Lookin' for the Bare Necessities

No offense, but it is kind of a dumb idea. You will wear them out and they will become a tripping hazard. THe idea of cutting the bottoms out and taping them over your other shoes is a better idea. Dancer or not, you don't want to walk around the park with those unless you have something with actual support on underneath.

mattsdragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 09:58 PM   #13
Brit_Jude
DIS Veteran

Cut off

How about cutting the bottom out of them and then wearing them as 'covers' over some shoes you can wear all night?
Old 10-02-2012, 11:35 AM   #14
ktlm
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by *~PrincessBelle~* View Post
My first thought when I saw the post was GLORIA!!!

I agree the slippers probably aren't going to last long walking at WDW. I think they will probably rip/shred pretty quick. I know there was a pair of Jasmine shoes that had a soft slipper type bottom a few years ago, and we had to buy DD a 2nd pair to take home because just wearing them in the parks a little while, the bottom edges started to shred. You can try it, but I'd have another pair of shoes handy. The jazz shoes might be comfortable for you under the slippers, but they won't protect the slippers from pavement damage. Also, if the slippers shred and you wind up just wearing the jazz shoes, be aware that most jazz shoes don't last long on pavement either. Just last week, DH let DD wear hers out of the studio to walk down the street to the car on a couple of occasions and the concrete/pavement surfaces ripped the bottom seam
ktlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 11:49 AM   #15
mickeyluv'r
DIS Veteran

While they may look cute, I agree that they will be a pain in the parks- in more ways than one. You'll hate them if you try to go on any rides like Space Mtn or Splash or it rains. I also don't think jazz shoes will work.

When it comes to park touring, it pays to just suck it up and wear practical shoes. This is a lesson my extended family has learned the hard way over many trips.

Don't take chances with your feet! Especially if you are a dancer!
mickeyluv'r is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: