Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > UK Trip Planning Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-30-2012, 11:53 AM   #1
bee86
DIS Veteran

Overwhelmed by planning.........

Hi all!

Oh my goodness, does any one else feel like this????

Im back at college, up to my eyeballs with that and trying to fit in the time to plan and save and read and basically take in as much information as I can.....I just want the trip to be amazing for mum (and for me of course lol)

Also my ADR 180 day window opens on the 23rd of December and Im terrified that because its so close to Christmas there may be problems making reservations over the phone??
I keep reading everywhere how its so difficult to get reservations for CRT, at 180 days out, and for 2 people should I be ok?

And yet another one of my freak outs (oh gosh I really seem like a crazy person now) but matching ADRs to the best parks for that date? Does everyone else do this OR do you just choose where/what food you think you might like that day and work around it? Ive subscribed to touring plans and have all the historic park details and the "best parks" dont really match my original ideas for ADRs.......any suggestions on what to do?? How do you guys work your ADRs etc??

On a happier not totally related note (but not to sound like a grumpy guts the whole way through this post) I have been paying off small amounts with WDTC and I have to say the customer service I have received has been amazing so friendly so helpful! I mentioned that the reason for the trip was my mums 50th birthday, while I was requesting our preferred location in the resort, and the lady I was dealing with noted it on my booking saying that even though it took place August this year and were not travelling until June 2013 that this was still the reason for our vacation and there was no reason not to note this celebration on our booking!!!!!! I thought there was no reason to mention it but it was so nice that it was acknowledged

2008 CBR and Doubletree Castle international drive
June 2013 CS 10 nights June 2014 SSR 10nights
bee86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 12:36 PM   #2
chmurf
DIS Veteran

180 days out you should be ok for CRT
remember that if you're a resort guest, you can make 180+10 days (you can book the first 10 days of your stay at the 180 days mark) you'll need your resort confirmation number though ( the US number, not the UK confirmation number)

going crazy and being overwhelmed ? ... yeah ... big time

using Touringplans, easywdw, the dibbs calendar (among other sites) to make our planning. Second guessing each and every ADR, changing them (even 2 weeks out I changed over 10 of them over the weekend...)

Tomorrow I'll be emptying the suitcases (they've been packed for 5 months now) and checking that everything is there.
I sorted all the paperwork, vouchers, restaurant.com certificates, coupons (geez I still need to remember to sign up for restaurants coupons) ...

is that a full time job ?
I definitely should get paid for this

feb-mar 2012 : POP
oct-nov 2012 : POP/CBR
oct-nov 2013 : AoA/POR
chmurf is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-30-2012, 12:57 PM   #3
bee86
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by chmurf View Post

going crazy and being overwhelmed ? ... yeah ... big time

using Touringplans, easywdw, the dibbs calendar (among other sites) to make our planning. Second guessing each and every ADR, changing them (even 2 weeks out I changed over 10 of them over the weekend...)

Tomorrow I'll be emptying the suitcases (they've been packed for 5 months now) and checking that everything is there.
I sorted all the paperwork, vouchers, restaurant.com certificates, coupons (geez I still need to remember to sign up for restaurants coupons) ...

is that a full time job ?
I definitely should get paid for this

You just cheered me up big time!!!!! I literally nodded along with every sentence then laughed my head off at how true this is........if only I got paid for the amount of work I put in and the funniest thing is my mum has NO clue and I mean NONE whatsoever of all the planning thats involved shes going to just show up and BAM all done LOL

Buying a Dublin pin every time im In the city and at the Disney store to load up for trading...Ive even been picking up cheap ponchos etc in the pound(euro) shops to stash away for...next JUNE LOL

All for 10 days holidays lol what are we like?

Old 09-30-2012, 12:59 PM   #4
bee86
DIS Veteran

OOOH also, where do I find the US confirmation number? As far as I know ive only got the UK one?

Old 09-30-2012, 01:29 PM   #5
luke
Señor Mejor

Quote:
Originally Posted by bee86
OOOH also, where do I find the US confirmation number? As far as I know ive only got the UK one?
Last time I needed one I emailed WDTC with my UK one and they gave me the corresponding US version

Old 09-30-2012, 01:43 PM   #6
bee86
DIS Veteran

Lovely thanks a million Luke

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: