Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Budget Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-30-2012, 12:13 PM   #1
Soulsearching
DIS Veteran

Mens' Dress Shirt ????

What is the best Men's No Iron, Wrinkle Free Dress shirt that you can buy that will withstand wash after wash and still look brand new?

I am open to all recommendations. Thanks
Soulsearching is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 12:18 PM   #2
ceecee
DIS Veteran

My DH only will wear Pinpoint and they are better looking and feel better. I get them from Lands End, they are having a 30% off w/free shipping until 10-1 if you want to try one. They say wrinkle free, but I still need to press them a little. We have gotten them at Dept Stores, but they don't hold up as well.
Register to remove

Old 09-30-2012, 12:25 PM   #3
LJSquishy
DIS Veteran

Hands down Nordstrom Smartcare shirts. They will last for years and still look brand new. My husband has tried just about every brand and these are the only ones that A) Don't rip in the elbow for no reason, B) Don't fade, and C) Are the least likely to need ironing.

In my opinion (from a woman's point of view), there is no dress shirt that absolutely does not need ironing...but the Nordstrom Smartcare shirts are much better than other "no-iron" shirts. I always hang them right away out of the dryer while they are still hot.

Me-29: -&- DH-34:
LJSquishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 12:30 PM   #4
Elleshoodat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulsearching
What is the best Men's No Iron, Wrinkle Free Dress shirt that you can buy that will withstand wash after wash and still look brand new?

I am open to all recommendations. Thanks
My DH will only wear Brooks Brothers shirts to work. Luckily there's an outlet nearby, because those suckers aren't cheap.

We've tried buying other brands and dry cleaning them (or at least having the cleaners press them), but I think we come out better this way.

Thanksgiving 1988, Offsite * June 1991, Beach Club * Easter 1995, Dixie Landings * June 1999, All-Star Movies * Easter 2005, Offsite * September 2007, Caribbean Beach * October 2008, Lake Buena Vista Best Western * May 2009, Port Orleans Riverside * October 2009, Port Orleans Riverside * April 2010, Port Orleans French Quarter * May 2012, Port Orleans French Quarter (Read our trip report here!) * October 2013, Wilderness Lodge
Elleshoodat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 12:59 PM   #5
lost*in*cyberspace
DIS Veteran

http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/m...-shirts-ov.htm
lost*in*cyberspace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 01:52 PM   #6
Soulsearching
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elleshoodat View Post
My DH will only wear Brooks Brothers shirts to work. Luckily there's an outlet nearby, because those suckers aren't cheap.

We've tried buying other brands and dry cleaning them (or at least having the cleaners press them), but I think we come out better this way.
This too funny!

My son asked for dress shirts for Christmas and Brooks Brothers was what he asked for.

This was why I started the thread, to see if there was some budget friendly dress shirts out there that would compare.

He is 24, I just laughed and said, I don't even buy those for your father.

If I can find an outlet near by, maybe they will both be getting Brooks Brothers for Christmas.

What are the prices at the outlet?
Old 09-30-2012, 01:54 PM   #7
Soulsearching
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lost*in*cyberspace View Post
Thanks for the Consumer report!
Old 09-30-2012, 02:01 PM   #8
Elleshoodat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulsearching

This too funny!

My son asked for dress shirts for Christmas and Brooks Brothers was what he asked for.

This was why I started the thread, to see if there was some budget friendly dress shirts out there that would compare.

He is 24, I just laughed and said, I don't even buy those for your father.

If I can find an outlet near by, maybe they will both be getting Brooks Brothers for Christmas.

What are the prices at the outlet?
That *is* funny. You are right: Typically their shirts aren't budget-friendly. We've found some for $30, but the more expensive ones (up to $70) DH has to buy with his "fun money."

Thanksgiving 1988, Offsite * June 1991, Beach Club * Easter 1995, Dixie Landings * June 1999, All-Star Movies * Easter 2005, Offsite * September 2007, Caribbean Beach * October 2008, Lake Buena Vista Best Western * May 2009, Port Orleans Riverside * October 2009, Port Orleans Riverside * April 2010, Port Orleans French Quarter * May 2012, Port Orleans French Quarter (Read our trip report here!) * October 2013, Wilderness Lodge
Elleshoodat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 03:08 PM   #9
SaraJayne
Stop moving those smilies!

DH loves the Eddie Bauer dress shirts. They are a nice heavy fabric and still look brand new.

I love them because they come out of the dryer looking freshly ironed.

I bought a bunch of them when they were on sale for $20. No way am I paying $75 for a dress shirt! LOL
SaraJayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 03:15 PM   #10
ceecee
DIS Veteran

We have looked at Brook's Bro. but they don't have the Pinpoint a lot of the time. We did by some at Macy's once but those were a joke. To add to the problem DH has to have a tailored fit instead of a regular.
Old 09-30-2012, 05:16 PM   #11
QueenElinor
Yes, they really ARE all redheads!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elleshoodat View Post

I second this!
I have to buy online, and they just had a Friends/Family sale, the next time they do again, I'll post the code.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceecee View Post
We have looked at Brook's Bro. but they don't have the Pinpoint a lot of the time. We did by some at Macy's once but those were a joke. To add to the problem DH has to have a tailored fit instead of a regular.
Plus, they are the only ones who carry Extra-slim fit shirts, as well as slim-fit. You should be able to find pinpoint online.

And you can get them in neck and sleeve measurements. Really, they end up being like custom-made shirts. Love it.
QueenElinor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 08:34 PM   #12
englishteacha
I've just gotten crazier over the years I've taught!

LL Bean has some very nice dress shirts as well.

Wonderful trip to Universal, SeaWorld, Busch Gardens, and to see the shuttle launch: February 2011
Walt Disney World: June 2010, August 2007 (1 commando day), June 2006, June 2002
Chasing Roller Coasters: August 2007, 2005, 2004, 2002
englishteacha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 04:01 PM   #13
mikehn
DIS Veteran

There aren't any dress shirts that are completely wrinkle free. Pinpoint shirts in particular are the most prone to wrinkles. They feel great and look great when crisply ironed.
mikehn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 04:35 PM   #14
Soulsearching
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenElinor View Post
I second this!
I have to buy online, and they just had a Friends/Family sale, the next time they do again, I'll post the code.

Plus, they are the only ones who carry Extra-slim fit shirts, as well as slim-fit. You should be able to find pinpoint online.

And you can get them in neck and sleeve measurements. Really, they end up being like custom-made shirts. Love it.
Oh! please PM me when you have a code. Thanks!
Old 10-01-2012, 06:24 PM   #15
QueenElinor
Yes, they really ARE all redheads!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulsearching View Post
Oh! please PM me when you have a code. Thanks!
I will. It might be a little while but I'd be surprised if they didn't have another F/F sale before Christmas. I was mad I missed it, but the window is very small.
QueenElinor is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: