Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Disneyland Paris Trip Planning & Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-30-2012, 11:12 AM   #1
mikneyspackson
Mouseketeer

Is this a good deal!?

My sisters university is offering a good deal to Disneyland Paris.
Even though I don't go to the Uni it looks like I'll still be able to pay and go on the trip.
Me and my sister are twins and it happens to be on our birthday, the 23rd, so it would be PERFECT timing and I've been wanting to go for AGES.
To me it looks brilliant, apart from the "coach" thing sounds a bit nausiating but I guess we can deal. Also, am I right in saying that we'd only have one full 24 hour day in Paris as we'll be travelling the 23rd and 25th by the looks of it. The only reason that bothers me is because I'd want to spend as long in each park as I can.

23rd - 25th November 2012

Come along with UPSU for a magical time at Disneyland Paris!

The trip includes return coach travel, 2 nights bed and breakfast accommodation, 2 days in Disneyland, as well as the option of spending 1 day in Paris itself and your travel insurance.

The price of the trip is £162.

The £60 deposit payment deadline is 11th October 2012 so be quick!

Please let me know what you think!
mikneyspackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 11:15 AM   #2
DLPdaft
Cannot stop singing "Just like we dreeeeamed it"
Has a calming influence

DISboards Moderator

I think you could have 2 days in DLP if you travel on 23rd, are in DLP for 24th and 25th then travel overnight on 25th? If you have 2 days park tickets included, then I'd go for it - can you get the full itinerary?

It would be great way of spending your birthday with your twin though, wouldn't it .

Elaine
Feb 07 Santa Fe, Oct 07 Santa Fe, Nov 07 Cheyenne, June 08 Explorers, Oct 08 surprise upgrade to the Newport Bay Club! May 09 Magic Circus, Dec 09 Santa Fe VIP, Oct 10 Santa Fe "Cars stylee", March 11 St Patricks Day Santa Fe, Nov 11 Dream Castle bonfire and Christmas, June 12 Dream Castle 20th Dreams, Feb 13 Santa Fe & Dreams, April 14 Santa Fe Spring Festival Fun
DLPdaft is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-30-2012, 11:21 AM   #3
mikneyspackson
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLPdaft View Post
I think you could have 2 days in DLP if you travel on 23rd, are in DLP for 24th and 25th then travel overnight on 25th? If you have 2 days park tickets included, then I'd go for it - can you get the full itinerary?

It would be great way of spending your birthday with your twin though, wouldn't it .
Yeah maybe? I hope that's what it is! They haven't put enough information it's annoying haha. I'll have to email them and ask for one, I'll update you when they reply :D if you wanted to know of course haha.
YES IT WOULD. I'd cry of happiness haha I really would. I haven't been since I was 7 years old!
Old 10-01-2012, 11:27 AM   #4
mikneyspackson
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLPdaft View Post

UPDATE: Just thought I'd let you know what I got emailed back when I asked for a full itinerary.

"The coaches will depart on the morning of Friday 23rd November, and return on the evening of Sunday 25th November/early morning on Monday 26th November. Unfortunately, I do not currently have exact departure times but imagine that it will be an early start on Friday 23rd November.

The price of the trip is £160 and includes return coach travel, 2 nights bed and breakfast accommodation, 2 days in Disneyland, as well as the option of spending 1 day in Paris itself and your travel insurance."
Old 10-01-2012, 11:38 AM   #5
DLPdaft
Cannot stop singing "Just like we dreeeeamed it"
Has a calming influence

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikneyspackson View Post
UPDATE: Just thought I'd let you know what I got emailed back when I asked for a full itinerary.

"The coaches will depart on the morning of Friday 23rd November, and return on the evening of Sunday 25th November/early morning on Monday 26th November. Unfortunately, I do not currently have exact departure times but imagine that it will be an early start on Friday 23rd November.

The price of the trip is £160 and includes return coach travel, 2 nights bed and breakfast accommodation, 2 days in Disneyland, as well as the option of spending 1 day in Paris itself and your travel insurance."
that still doesn't tell you how many days park tickets you have, does it ?

Elaine
Feb 07 Santa Fe, Oct 07 Santa Fe, Nov 07 Cheyenne, June 08 Explorers, Oct 08 surprise upgrade to the Newport Bay Club! May 09 Magic Circus, Dec 09 Santa Fe VIP, Oct 10 Santa Fe "Cars stylee", March 11 St Patricks Day Santa Fe, Nov 11 Dream Castle bonfire and Christmas, June 12 Dream Castle 20th Dreams, Feb 13 Santa Fe & Dreams, April 14 Santa Fe Spring Festival Fun
DLPdaft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 11:58 AM   #6
jillrobinson
I will be very angry if there are any attractions or places off limits
DS got a Hi 5 from Simba
My real persona is maleficent mum

Not sure where you're travelling from but we've done coach from South Wales twice and it took about 13 hours, that was with Leger, a friends daughter went with her school recently from Hereford and travel time was about the same, there always seems to be a long wait at Dover but it does break up the journey, then it takes about 4 hours or so from Calais to DLP, it's a nice journey and I love the bit around CDG airport with the runways crossing over the roads and of course you get to play first one to spot a DLP road sign and then the park itself.

We did 4 day tours so had 2 full days and 2 travel days, I'm guessing you'll have most of Sunday at the park and long park hours on Saturday too, I think Sunday evening you'll be shattered and sleep all the way home.

I'd go for it, I think that's a reasonable price although it doesn't say whether accomodation is in a Disney hotel, just thinking of EMH and squeezing another couple of hours into park time.
March 2004 Liam's 5th Birthday at Cheyenne *** October 2004 Spooky Halloween at Santa Fe *** March 2006 My big 40 & Liams 7th Birthday at Newport Bay Club *** March 2007 Jamie's 13th Birthday & VIP Press Launch for DLP's 15th Anniversary at Sequoia Lodge *** November 2007 Christmas Season at Sequoia Lodge *** March 2009 Liam's 10th Birthday at Cheyenne *** January 2010 Practically Perfect stay at Hotel New York *** October 2010 Our not so scary stay at Cheyenne ***January 2012 Jack's 5th Birthday surprise at Santa Fe***July 2013 Disney Dreaming at Cheyenne***

jillrobinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 12:28 PM   #7
Happy Tappy
Yo Ho! Yo Ho! A pirates life for me!

I went on a trip like this when I was at uni. Ours was a bit more expensive though so might be different.

We got there at 2pm and had that day in the parks. We then had the next day in the parks and left the day after.

On the way home we stopped in Paris for 2 hours (dropped at Trocadero).

We stayed in the Santa Fe.

You wont get too much time in the parks but it still seems decent value.
Happy Tappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 12:36 PM   #8
Christieand
Mouseketeer

I'd go if it was me! Especially as it will be your birthday
Sequoia Lodge, April 2013 (TR here: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3099510)

Christieand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 02:04 AM   #9
jillrobinson
I will be very angry if there are any attractions or places off limits
DS got a Hi 5 from Simba
My real persona is maleficent mum

So did you book ?
March 2004 Liam's 5th Birthday at Cheyenne *** October 2004 Spooky Halloween at Santa Fe *** March 2006 My big 40 & Liams 7th Birthday at Newport Bay Club *** March 2007 Jamie's 13th Birthday & VIP Press Launch for DLP's 15th Anniversary at Sequoia Lodge *** November 2007 Christmas Season at Sequoia Lodge *** March 2009 Liam's 10th Birthday at Cheyenne *** January 2010 Practically Perfect stay at Hotel New York *** October 2010 Our not so scary stay at Cheyenne ***January 2012 Jack's 5th Birthday surprise at Santa Fe***July 2013 Disney Dreaming at Cheyenne***

jillrobinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 02:23 AM   #10
meggiebeth
Have faith in your dreams and someday your rainbow will come smiling through...

Seems like a great deal considering it would cost our family about £2000 for accommodation in a Disney hotel, tickets and transport. Eeeek. That works out at about £400 each for a 2 night stay. So your price sounds really good

$5 A Day Means Disney MY Way! An October TR
~Our 18 day trip to Walt Disney World. Deluxe Dining Plan, Keys to the Kingdom Tour,
MNSSHP, Epcot Food & Wine Festival and MVMCP all in one trip!~

meggiebeth is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: