Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-30-2012, 10:25 AM   #1
John S
Earning My Ears

San Francisco Excursions

My family and I are booked on the Los Angeles to Vancouver cruise in May 2013. We were looking at the excursions available. We have one question for recent visitors to San Francisco. Is the same excursion offered on both days the ship is in port? In other words, if we wish to visit Muir Woods, is that excursion offered on both of the days the Wonder is in San Francisco?

Thanks for your help.
John S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 11:26 AM   #2
BAT
Mouseketeer

For our cruise (CA coast) they are offered both days.
BAT is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-01-2012, 07:09 AM   #3
nunzia
You can't top pigs with pigs, but you CAN top Toys with Toys

The Walt Disney Family Museum is closed on Tuesday, so if you want to do that be sure and leave Wednesday open for that.
Old 10-01-2012, 10:34 AM   #4
jlwhitney
DIS Veteran

In all reality there is no need to do the Disney Excursions, they are overpriced and many other ways to do the same thing.

With two days in port, do the further away one first if there is.

There are a ton of tour groups that lead excursions to Muir Woods and such that are cheaper than Disney. Also you can always rent a car.

For things in the City, walking, taxi, public transportation will be way cheaper than anything Disney has to offer.

You have plenty of time to research and plan.

We just did the California Coastal Cruise (sept 16) and did everything on our own. Super easy!
Old 12-07-2012, 10:56 AM   #5
pudinhd
Mouseketeer

Thanks for starting this thread - very helpful!

I hope you don't mind me adding a question... I saw DCL has a Chinatown Walking Tour & San Francisco by Night tour and I am wondering how overnight port stops work. Is there a "curfew" or can you stay out however long you want? I was interested in the night tour option, but don't want to be locked into an evening excursion without knowing what the evening entertainment is on board, so I was thinking of doing some exploring on our own that evening. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks!
Too Many Trips to Disneyland to Count, 1999 WDW Honeymoon, 2005 Mexican Riviera Disney Cruise, 2008 Mexican Riviera Disney Cruise, 2008 WDW Vacation, 2009 Backstage Magic ABD, 2011 Disney Cruise to Neverland, 2011 Mexican Riviera Disney Cruise, 2012 Alaskan Disney Cruise, 2013 Repo LA to Vancouver Disney Cruise
pudinhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 11:21 AM   #6
disneyfaninaz
It takes faith, trust & pixie dust!

We did the Pacific Coast cruise in October and did take advantage of the Muir Woods excursion. I am glad we did, because I would not have wanted to drive that road on my own. I agree however, that you should arrange your own city tour. We booked our own hop-on/hop-off city tour and did not go through DCL for that.
disneyfaninaz is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: