Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-30-2012, 01:36 PM   #16
DallastoDisney
Earning My Ears

I have a Baggallini I bought for Disney trips 4 years ago and it will be brought out again for its third trip to Disney in late November. It is a backpack style kind of with one messenger bag type strap. It is not the most beautiful bag but is awesome for Disney and I always get asked about it when I am there. The only thing that makes it not totally attractive is the strap is kind of wide so you end up with a wide (maybe 2") strap across your chest but that is also one of the best design aspects to the bag. The wide strap makes it comfortable and there is a small zipper pouch on the strap to keep tickets and cash close and secure. The main pack part has several compartments and I usually carry a water bottle (or 2), small camera, printed park plans etc, and small first aid stuff. It never feels heavy and is easy to just slide to front when riding rides. It has held up great so I suggest looking for one on eBay if u want a Baggallini and not spend the higher price for new. Let me know if you want me to pull it out and see if I can find the design name. Good luck!
DallastoDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 02:10 PM   #17
GovieMom
DIS Veteran

Fanny Pack for me. It's small yet holds essential items, I never have to remove it, it leaves both hands free, and I'm able to sit back against whatever seat I'm in. Perfect!
GovieMom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-30-2012, 02:42 PM   #18
luvthemouse71
Cries like a baby at Illuminations..

I've done them all. Fanny packs, small backpacks, Bagallinis, a Dooney and Bourke letter carrier bag, an Overland Donner. Wish I could be one of those people who can get by with no bag, but nope, I'm not.

For my trip in December, I'm taking a LeSportsac Kasey bag with the fall Small World print.
Old 09-30-2012, 04:27 PM   #19
stevb
Mouseketeer

Neither. Both are a hassle to bring onto rides. There's nothing I really need in the parks that won't fit in my cargo shorts.
stevb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 04:29 PM   #20
Art 1
DIS Veteran

Pockets.
Art 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 04:34 PM   #21
ogreenlee
i surely didn't want to have to use the gorillapod
I'd tell my husband to bite it, but that's just me

You can find many styles of Baggallini at TJMaxx/Marshalls right now. I bought two different sizes, but I have to say.. those straps are awful. The edging hurts if it rubs against your shoulder or neck. This will be fine for my January trip, but I can't use them on bare skin.

The LeSportSac bags have softer straps. I'm thinking of leaning towards one for future trips.
ogreenlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 04:36 PM   #22
My2Pixies
Disney Dreamin'

We tried using a backpack this past trip but it was really too big and heavy for our needs. We ended up purchasing a small sling bag at AK that is just big enough to carry our stuff (extra set of clothing for 2 year old, some wipes, sunblock, camera, panchos and floppy hats).

My2Pixies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 05:00 PM   #23
PhoenixStrength
Waiting for my fairytale!

I use a backpack. I keep a water bottle, wallet, jacket in case it gets cold (I go during cooler seasons so I usually need it after dark and in the morning and my planning binder (half-size binder) that has all the info I need for the day and my journal pages to write down stuff to remember for my Trip Report once I get back. It's never cumbersome to me, and I can take it on any ride. And, as a PP mentioned, having a backpack means I can wrap the strap around my leg while it sits at my feet on rides, so I know it's safe

Heat, humidity and a great Mother/Daughter trip! A May TR
Alien Encounter gave me PTSD!! A Dec '14 PTR

PhoenixStrength is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 05:08 PM   #24
memakwed
Mouseketeer

everyone has their own needs

My parent's use a fanny pack and when or child is having health issues we use a back pack for ice packs, wraps , meds but I personally use my pockets only. What more could I need a KTTW and ID and camera.
memakwed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 05:10 PM   #25
torinsmom
I have someone coming to scoop
I don't know how a man could wear them

I carry a slingpack, which holds anything I need it to, usually ponchos, keys, ID cards, wallet, snacks and flavor packs to add to drinks. The weight is distributed across my chest and back, so it works pretty well. This is how it looks from the back and front.

August 3-11, 2008--Pop Century Grand Gathering
July 6-13, 2009--Universal Studios
June 16-25 2010--Universal AND Disney for 10 days (Emerald Island)
August 10-20 2011--Universal and Disney(Indian Creek)
July 6-14 2012--Universal and Disney--doing YES again!
July 14-21 2013--Universal and Disney with family
torinsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 05:32 PM   #26
3babiesmom
Earning My Ears

I either use Vera Bradley's mini hipster or their carry-it-all wristlet.
3babiesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 05:52 PM   #27
BYC
DIS Veteran

Unless I had an infant that needed diapers and such, I would only use a waist pouch. It stays attached, so no chance of leaving it behind, and you forget it's there. No lugging around a backpack, which I hate. No worry of walking away from your backpack from an attraction. I refuse to carry anything. I want my hands free. And, I keep the pouch in front, so I don't have to be paranoid about pick pockets with a backpack carried behind.
BYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 06:11 PM   #28
ScarletFire
DIS Veteran

This is my bag in one week:

My team is in the playoffs while I'm in WDW. GO REDS!!!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
ScarletFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 08:41 PM   #29
motherof2boys
Mouseketeer

I too have carried them all! I feel like I buy a new bag every trip! I think it really depends on what you want/need to carry thru the day. I used a large backpack when the kids were small & stroller days were over. Boys got older so then a smaller backpack for me when wearing dresses (with phone, camera, KTW Card, sunglasses case) Fanny pack with same stuff when wearing shorts. At times Disney Wristlet for just phone. Hubby & Boys had cargo shorts for their stuff. Crossbody bag last trip (b/c back pack cut into my arms when wearing a spaghetti strap sundress) Next trip I think I'm getting a bigger crossbody to fit my poncho or umbrealla. It's useless for Hubby to carry them if we're separated!
motherof2boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 08:51 PM   #30
OThopeful35
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by niffer5150 View Post
We use a mini backpack I got at walmart. It fits more stuff than you'd think but is small enough to fit in any mesh storage bag easily. We all take turns wearing it so no one feels too much like a pack mule.
Yes we use a small backpack as well and DS and I take turns carrying it. at the pack mule reference

POR~Aug 2010 (1st visit) POFQ Aug 2011 POP/POFQ Aug 2013
OThopeful35 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: