DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-01-2012, 11:24 AM   #31
BEASLYBOO
It's part of the charm
They go through some serious mayo there

We've stayed in a standard view BWV 2br many times and "thankfully" have never encountered anything like you describe. Honestly, should people be expected to put up with this. So, DVC puts people in those rooms hoping they won't complain or asked to be moved. And what about those people who never complain?

Those rooms in my opinion should have their own catergory, 1/2 points due to noise and you know in advance what you're up against, bring your earplugs. At least in a value room you know it's going to be a bit tighter, why not a category for less desirable rooms!

Let me tell you I would not go down quietly if expected to pay for a room change fee if I were given that villa, it's simply not acceptable. And frankly, monetary compensation doesn't make up for it either! DanenRox, you should have been moved!

The standard view we've had 3 times, was of the wide expansive lawn, to the right of the main entrance. Some have stated ebing afraid of bus noises, never had a problem. I seldomly make requests but at some resorts I think it's a must!

February 15th -18th, 2014 - OKW-GV
BEASLYBOO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 11:31 AM   #32
GOOFY D
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAT4DISNEY View Post
From many posts (including Bobbi's) it's easy to learn that some of the Standard view rooms at BWV are in that location and are noisy. And that is part of the chance you take when booking that category.
So, what are you saying? If you want an acceptable vacation, you should pay the highest rate that Disney has to avoid unnecessary situations that could ruin a vacation? Standard view to me does not mean substandard service or accomodations.

1988 - Polynesian * 1995 - Carribean Beach * 1996 - All Star Sports * 1997 - Candy Cane (Disneyland) * 1998 - All Star Music * 1999 - Contemporary * 1999 - Contemporary * 2000 - Disney Wonder /Coronado Springs * 2000 - All Star Sports * 2001 - Disney Magic (Eastern) * 2002 - Disney Magic (Western) * 2003 - All Star Movies * 2004 - Disney Magic (Eastern-San Juan) * 2006 - Contemporary * 2006 - Coronado Springs * 2007 - All Star Sports/Animal Kingdom Lodge * 2008 - All Star Sports * 2009 - Disney Magic (Western) * 2009 - All Star Movies * 2010 - Disney Magic (Eastern) * 2011 - All Star Sports * 2012 - Disney Fantasy (Western) * 2013 - Animal Kingdom Villas-Kidani * 2013 - Bay Lake Tower * 2014 - Boardwalk Villas
GOOFY D is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-01-2012, 12:23 PM   #33
aroundtheriverbend
DIS Veteran

[QUOTE=BEASLYBOO;46317326] Those rooms in my opinion should have their own catergory, 1/2 points due to noise and you know in advance what you're up against, bring your earplugs. At least in a value room you know it's going to be a bit tighter, why not a category for less desirable rooms!

I completely agree with this! Sure, there are going to be awkward room locations everywhere you go - why not make them another special "value" category? There will be people who find them worth the trade off for the fewer point count, and others who can avoid them like the plague. Doesn't seem hard - is this really so different than, say, cruise categories where they discount partially blocked verandah views? Yes I realize the point balancing takes effort, but once it's done it makes a huge difference (similar to the BLT rebalancing for MK views on lower floors, yes?)

Me DH DS10 DD8
aroundtheriverbend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 12:52 PM   #34
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Everyone who has had a problem needs to write to member satisfaction. Better to let them know with lots of messages and resolve the problem than just letting others get the noisy rooms.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 01:40 PM   #35
BEASLYBOO
It's part of the charm
They go through some serious mayo there

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb & Bill View Post
Everyone who has had a problem needs to write to member satisfaction. Better to let them know with lots of messages and resolve the problem than just letting others get the noisy rooms.

February 15th -18th, 2014 - OKW-GV
BEASLYBOO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 01:47 PM   #36
DanenRox
Disney Junkies

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb & Bill View Post
Is there a specific email address for member satisfaction?
DanenRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 01:51 PM   #37
disneynutz

Earning My Ears One At A Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanenRox View Post
See post #2.

As I posted, most resorts have rooms next to or above service areas. I just don't see Disney making major changes because of the noise.

Bill

disneynutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 06:01 PM   #38
Sammie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I use the Contact Us on the Member site, that way you do not have to enter your Member ID number and info since you are signed into your account.
Sammie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 06:19 PM   #39
disneynutz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammie View Post
I use the Contact Us on the Member site, that way you do not have to enter your Member ID number and info since you are signed into your account.
FYI - The contact form will be answered by Member Services and my not get forwarded.

The email address that I provided is for Member Satisfaction. Just include your member ID and phone number and they will call you back to discuss.

Bill

Old 10-01-2012, 06:28 PM   #40
Sammie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneynutz View Post
FYI - The contact form will be answered by Member Services and my not get forwarded.

The email address that I provided is for Member Satisfaction. Just include your member ID and phone number and they will call you back to discuss.

Bill
Not according to what a Member Satisfaction manager told me. They all go to the same department and then are sorted into different areas such as Complaints, Complimentary comments, booking questions etc. etc.

Last edited by Sammie; 10-01-2012 at 07:13 PM.
Old 10-01-2012, 07:04 PM   #41
ABE4DISNEY
DIS Veteran

Quote:
OK, but keep in mind we're talking 5:30 am...every day. Hats off to all of you who wouldn't mind being woken up this way on vacation. For the others of you who would find this offensive, just be aware. You don't have to silently accept what is not reasonable. That's all. It is possible that sometimes things can be improved and it's OK to let Disney, or any business, know that.
We had this experience as well in November last year. We did not ask for any compensation, but it did sour us on the standard view at BWV. (We had requested down the long hallway even.)

ABE4DISNEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 07:20 PM   #42
disneynutz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammie View Post
Not according to what a Member Satisfaction manager told me. They all go to the same department and then are sorted into different areas such as Complaints, Complimentary comments, booking questions etc. etc.
Typical, after using the form, I was told the opposite.

Bill

Old 10-01-2012, 07:50 PM   #43
Sammie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneynutz View Post
Typical, after using the form, I was told the opposite.

Bill
of course. I think either one will work.
Old 10-01-2012, 08:12 PM   #44
Checkers
DIS Veteran

We are arriving this weekend and staying in a standard view 2br, now I am concerned that we will get one of these noisy rooms since I requested "not too far from an elevator". Guess I'll just have to wait and see but since we will have small children with us, it is a concern.

Upcoming:

BWVs - 9/14-9/18
BWVs - 12/14-12/19
BWVs - 2/14-2/21/15
Checkers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 06:34 AM   #45
n2mm
aka WALTSGIRL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Checkers View Post
We are arriving this weekend and staying in a standard view 2br, now I am concerned that we will get one of these noisy rooms since I requested "not too far from an elevator". Guess I'll just have to wait and see but since we will have small children with us, it is a concern.
Oh my, I've learned that near the elevator does mean near the RAC loading dock. After reading this thread it reminded me that I had not made a room request, so yesterday I called and made my normal request .... I request as far away from the elevator as possible. I often will also add "near the tennis" court. And high floor as my second request. They often will try to fill request in the order of how they are listed. Though I don't generally get request here at BWV filled, but I keep trying. I would rather drag my tire body up 4 flights of stairs then be near the elevators/loading dock. I own at BWV and book standard most of the time, so I've had good and not so good rooms. But I've had garden view once and was next to the dumpsters and loading dock near jelly rolls and the noise there was just a bad. Good luck this weekend. Leave the light on as we arrive on Friday the 12th.

2015 TRIPS-Under Construction
May 2-26 @ ?
Sept 12-21 @ ? + Cruise
Oct 25 - Nov 7 @ ?

n2mm is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: