Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-10-2012, 06:19 PM   #1
goofytiggerfan
Mouseketeer

Halloween & Christmas in one trip

Hello all! we are planing on going to Disney in October (Halloween day) until Nov. 11th in 2013. For those who typically go around these times when would you say the Christmas decorations go up not only in the parks, but resorts too? I am thinking about doing a resort hop to see decorations we didn't get to do in December 2011. Thank you. Also, what do you think about turning the resort hopping into a scavenger hunt for the kids? could it be possible?
September 2007 2days @ POP & Our first MNSSHP September 2009 2wks @ POP & MNSSHP December 2011 3 nights on the Dream!! Eeeek! Then Two nights @ Caribbean Beach, The MVMCP, and Hollywood Studios!!! to many firsts for one trip4th of July in Disney World!! 5 days at Port Orleans Riverside and One night at POP Fingers crossed for a Vow Renewal in 2014 @ Disney or DCL

[/FONT]
goofytiggerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 06:09 AM   #2
discookiemonsta
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofytiggerfan View Post
Hello all! we are planing on going to Disney in October (Halloween day) until Nov. 11th in 2013. For those who typically go around these times when would you say the Christmas decorations go up not only in the parks, but resorts too?
The first time we went to Disney, we were there from November 10th to 17th and even though our resort did have their Christmas tree up (we stayed at POR) I don't recall seeing many Christmas decorations up. I was actually quite disappointed, but then again I believe officically the Christmas decorations go up after the American Thanksgiving, which is towards the end of November, right? (Don't quote me...I'm neither American nor do I live in the US)

I'm really hoping someone else can answer you with a more precise/accurate answer!!!

Me(35) DH(35) DD(10) & DD(7)

Last edited by discookiemonsta; 10-11-2012 at 06:11 AM. Reason: Spelling
discookiemonsta is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-11-2012, 06:40 AM   #3
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

We have been that time of year twice. The parks will definitely be decorated for Christmas. They literally do it overnight after Halloween! But the resorts likely won't have much up yet. They do it closer to Thanksgiving. The only thing we saw once was them in the process of building the gingerbread house at the GF, that was probably around Nov 10-11, but it isn't usually done until closer to the 15th, 16th, or 17th...
Momof2Disneyboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 06:33 PM   #4
xoktenox
DIS Veteran

From what I understand, Momof2Disneyboys is right. The first Christmas party is on November 9th so I'm assuming the parks will be decorated by the 6th or 7th. However, the resorts will most likely not be decorated yet. I'm upset about this because we'll be there from Oct 29-Nov 10! I am, however, excited to see the parks go from Halloween to Christmas overnight!

Enjoy your trip!
7-8/13- BWV~~3/14- OKW~~ 8/14- AS Music, VGF & Pop~~ 10/14- SSR (2nd anniversary!)~~11/14- ?? (Chris' 30th birthday)

Current PTR: August 2014 Birthday & Anniversary Celebration with the (GASP!) Non-Believers

xoktenox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 06:36 PM   #5
jnfr2424
I'm Tink I got my Peter Pan and together we love to fly away to Neverland!

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofytiggerfan View Post
Hello all! we are planing on going to Disney in October (Halloween day) until Nov. 11th in 2013. For those who typically go around these times when would you say the Christmas decorations go up not only in the parks, but resorts too? I am thinking about doing a resort hop to see decorations we didn't get to do in December 2011. Thank you. Also, what do you think about turning the resort hopping into a scavenger hunt for the kids? could it be possible?
Ooh we are going to overlap with you! We are planning on Nov 2 to the 12, 2013 Hopefully we will be able to go to the last MNSSHP and the first MVMCP!

jnfr2424 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: