Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure Forums
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-30-2012, 12:03 AM   #1
LOLA2
TINK
I never heard of not taking shells from a beach before!

finnegans during halloween horror nights

I made reservations last month for finnegans while we are waiting for the houses to open. My mom just told me her and my brother will be coming down and joining us. I went to open table website where I made intial reservations and there is nothing left. Does Finnegans take walk ups on hhn nights or is it all be reservation? I feel bad they will have to sit outside while we are eating but I really don't want to cancel since I like being able to have somewhere to sit while waiting. Does anyone on here ever just go and walk in with any luck? If so is there a good time? Our reservations are for 5:00.
LOLA2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 02:28 AM   #2
xApril
DIS Veteran

Were you wanting to go around Stay and Scream time or what?

If you're talking about just walking up any time of the night, you'd be fine doing that. I did it last year one night and just last night, we went and had a meal around 9pm. It was busy in there, but they had a table for us.
xApril is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-30-2012, 11:19 PM   #3
LOLA2
TINK
I never heard of not taking shells from a beach before!

yes we are doing stay and scream and have reservations for 5:00 but reservations are now full for the night so I am wondering if thet take walk ups around the holding area time. I know it will get busy but wondering if thet got there by 4:30 if they could be taken.
LOLA2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 07:30 AM   #4
Metro West
Proud Redhead
11.47 Miles from Universal
23.56 Miles from Disney

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOLA2 View Post
yes we are doing stay and scream and have reservations for 5:00 but reservations are now full for the night so I am wondering if thet take walk ups around the holding area time. I know it will get busy but wondering if thet got there by 4:30 if they could be taken.
I don't know...I've been to HHN three times so far and each night Finnegan's has had a line to get in. Now this was more like 4:45 rather than 4:30 so I'm not sure if 15 minutes will make that much of a difference. I guess more and more people are doing Finnegan's before HHN so it's busier earlier. You can certainly give it a try.
Old 10-01-2012, 07:34 AM   #5
xApril
DIS Veteran

I did the NY S&S yesterday and it was jam-packed in there shortly after 5pm. If you want to walk up during S&S time, definitely go early.
Old 10-01-2012, 08:49 AM   #6
Marquibiri
HHN Addict!

I do not make ressies for Finnegans but always get a table. I was there the last three nights of this past weekends event. If you arrive early (4:30 ish LATEST), you should be able to get a table.

Cheers!

Marquibiri

Marquibiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 10:57 AM   #7
Metro West
Proud Redhead
23.56 Miles from Disney

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by xApril View Post
I did the NY S&S yesterday and it was jam-packed in there shortly after 5pm. If you want to walk up during S&S time, definitely go early.
The thing that irritated me about the holding area was when they opened the gates into the park. They only opened the side right in front of Finnegan's instead of the gate when you check in. There were too many people in the holding area to try and squeeze through but luckily I was near the front so it wasn't big deal. They need to get that sorted out. I haven't been too impressed with the TMs organization of the holding area this year.
Old 10-01-2012, 05:51 PM   #8
xApril
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro West View Post
The thing that irritated me about the holding area was when they opened the gates into the park. They only opened the side right in front of Finnegan's instead of the gate when you check in. There were too many people in the holding area to try and squeeze through but luckily I was near the front so it wasn't big deal. They need to get that sorted out. I haven't been too impressed with the TMs organization of the holding area this year.
Yeah, that was my first time in the NY S&S this year. My friends had done it another night, so they knew where to stand so we could go. It's quite the stampede...
Old 10-03-2012, 06:14 AM   #9
glocon
DIS Veteran

We have reservations for 415 before s&s. Where would be the best place to go wait after eating to avoid the crunch getting out the gates for the houses?
Old 10-03-2012, 06:19 AM   #10
Metro West
Proud Redhead
23.56 Miles from Disney

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by glocon View Post
We have reservations for 415 before s&s. Where would be the best place to go wait after eating to avoid the crunch getting out the gates for the houses?
Unless something changes, there is no place to avoid the stampede...unless you hang back and let the mob go first. They haven't been doing a good job this year when the gates are opened. Just make the best of it.
Old 10-03-2012, 07:26 AM   #11
glocon
DIS Veteran

Does "The Mob" generally follow the order of houses- Silent Hill, Gothic, Dead End- in that order, or do we blaze our own trail?
Old 10-03-2012, 08:31 AM   #12
Metro West
Proud Redhead
23.56 Miles from Disney

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by glocon View Post
Does "The Mob" generally follow the order of houses- Silent Hill, Gothic, Dead End- in that order, or do we blaze our own trail?
Most people will do Silent Hill first and then wander on their own. I just like to do the three houses together and be done with it instead of coming back later in the evening.
Old 10-03-2012, 07:30 PM   #13
mmr42
Earning My Ears

Never been to HHN or Finnegan's, what time should I make reservations for for 2 people before HHN. Want to make sure we are out if there in time for when the gates open at 6. I was thinking 5 but is that enough time? It will be on thursday 10-11
mmr42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 08:31 PM   #14
xApril
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmr42 View Post
Never been to HHN or Finnegan's, what time should I make reservations for for 2 people before HHN. Want to make sure we are out if there in time for when the gates open at 6. I was thinking 5 but is that enough time? It will be on thursday 10-11
I'd personally say earlier. They usually open around 5:45, but have been known to open earlier. You also have to account for the fact that the place will probably be slammed and service will be a bit slower than normal.
Old 10-04-2012, 07:22 AM   #15
Metro West
Proud Redhead
23.56 Miles from Disney

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmr42 View Post
I would say no later than 4:30pm to ensure you will have time to eat and pay the check. You will see the majority of folks coming to Finnegan's after 4:30 so it's better to be a little early and beat the rush. If you arrive at 5pm, I doubt you will be able to eat, pay and relax a bit before the holding area is released. There is always a lengthy line to get into Finnegan's at 5pm.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: