Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reservations
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-30-2012, 12:34 AM   #1
lucifie
DIS Veteran

Opinions on ADRs

We're going to Disney World From January 21-28. Here's what we have so far:

January 21: Arrive. No ADRs since we're driving and we don't know how late we'll get in.

January 22: MK - CRT @ 6:40. Wishes is at 8:00 so we understand we could still be in the castle when Wishes starts, but we'll probably be back later int he week so we can catch it from outside then.

January 23: AK - lunch at Tusker House

January 24: Epcot - lunch at Tutto Italia

January 25: HS - Fantasmic dining package Hollywood & Vine @3:50

January 26: We're letting the kids choose the park, but I'm 95% sure they'll choose MK - 8:05 ADR @ Crystal Palace (park opens at 9:00)

January 27: Check out, no parks late breakfast at Chef Mickey's before heading home

I think we'll be fairly happy with our choices, but I have two minor concerns. Is it redundant to have two character meals planned where they'll get to see Mickey and friends? We have two Minnie fans and one Mickey fan. If so, what would you suggest instead? We're definitely doing CRT and assuming we go back to MK on the last day, I would love to go to CP just to get in the park early and be able to get a few pictures without as many extra people around. Also, are the Photopass photographers out then? I'd love to be able to get a couple of pictures with the whole family. Besides I'm a big Pooh fan.

Second, 4 of the 6 meals will be buffets. I generally hate buffets with the whole family because my kids are fairly little - 9 (with special needs), 7, 4 and 2, so only one (2 on a good day) of my kids can reasonably be expected to carry a plate without spilling. That means DH and I spend a lot of time going back and forth to the buffet line.

How does this sound? If you would make any changes, what would they be.

BTW, I've been trying with no luck so far to get ADRs at Be Our Guest. If we can do it, great, but if not, we'll try the next time.
Old 09-30-2012, 02:35 PM   #2
Nancyg56
DIS Veteran

I would consider changing Chef Mickey to the 'Ohana character breakfast on your check out day. It is a character meal but instead of a buffet it is an all you care to eat meal with the food brought to your table. Buffet meals can be stressful when you have little ones so having the food brought to you could make your morning easier.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: