Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-29-2012, 07:04 PM   #61
ImprovGal
No animals were harmed in the making of the dinner

Greetings!
I'm all booked for this cruise B2B with the 1/28 one. I, too, am also celebrating my birthday (or at least some random anniversary of my 29th birthday <G>). They'll be my 15th and 16th cruises overall on DCL and the 7th & 8th on the Wonder itself (love the Outlook Cafe area).

Flights to FLL were cheaper for me than MIA so I'm flying into FLL Wednesday night and staying there before heading to the port the next morning (probably via SuperShuttle).

Can't wait!
Old 12-30-2012, 03:26 AM   #62
samanthas mom
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by familyfundisneyway View Post
Yes you can definately Double Dip on your birthday celebration My son could not stop talking about my b-day and was so excited(maybe because his was next?lol)I have to admit it mad my day extra special.When I read your daughter wants to decorate your room it made me I think you found the best way to celebrate!Maybe you should have your daughter go to front desk(in her princess gown)and request an upgrade for your birthday,but than again you may be quite content to stay where you are?!We already have a GV so I guess the only upgrade would be family deluxe,or MAYBE Concierge!!If its that you can join usI might decorate door a little?I read where someone had used a magnet clip with a ballon on it.That would be very useful if your in the middle of hallway.We arrive in Miami Wed. at noon.Would appreciate if you did private me the hotels e-mail.I'm open for suggestions.Miami is sooo big.We live in the country and our nearest town is 50,000,so its always a little overwhelming traveling to The Big City lol.I checked out cellphones and it sounds like your best bet would be to contact your provider and take it from there.I'm wondering if you can temporarly block everyone except for those you feel you need to have contact with?If anything when you disembark that would be a good time to ck in before you board ship?As for us....ours are shut off,that includes DS14!!!!!!!!!!!!!
That's nice re your son, kids love birthdays and it's nice when they want to reciprocate!:-).
GV=nice! I guess you probably won't bump but if you do, even better and lucky you guys!! :-). I think I read alot of the bumping happens in least expensive rooms as that's where they'll have the most sales. I bumped a few times with Carnival in the past. Good idea re dau trying to upgrade.. rothfl
Balloon on magnet? Like it, cute idea!.....may get stolen or popped by pranksters that I hear can sometimes happen but may try it!
Thanks for cell phone info!
Going to email you now re hotel, feel same reunknown cities even though born and raised and lived almost 40 years in a big city. I have been to Miami 2 times prior re cruises and prestays so comfortable and know what to expect, which helps!
Excited about first b2b Disney cruises on the Wonder - Jan. 24 and 28th, 2013
samanthas mom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-30-2012, 04:48 AM   #63
samanthas mom
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by sluna77 View Post
I did it!!! Booked my 1st Disney Cruise!!!! Disney Wonder Jan 24th here we come!!!!

The DH isn't going due to no vacation time. I will be going with the following:

DS (11)
DS (3)
DS (6 months)
DBro (13)
DBro (12)
DBro (11)

and my Dad. . .We can't wait.
Congrats and welcome! :-)
Old 12-30-2012, 05:06 AM   #64
samanthas mom
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkocto View Post
Buying through the ship isn't too bad just to check emails but if you need the phone precruise it might be easier to see how much roaming fees will be. We just turn our phones off when out of the country since its so expensive. I went to the Bahamas a few years ago and didn't turn it off and my bill was over $300. It just depends how much you need your phone.
Thanks for the info and wow re $300.00!! That must have hurt! Thinking I don't really need Internet as well as phone...will be calling my cell company today and seeing what is cheaper to get. Still confused re Disney says they have wifi areas on ship and cell service in rooms...thinking that means you can do those things but you're still charged for international roaming charges by your cell company
Old 12-30-2012, 05:24 AM   #65
samanthas mom
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImprovGal View Post
Greetings!
I'm all booked for this cruise B2B with the 1/28 one. I, too, am also celebrating my birthday (or at least some random anniversary of my 29th birthday <G>). They'll be my 15th and 16th cruises overall on DCL and the 7th & 8th on the Wonder itself (love the Outlook Cafe area).

Flights to FLL were cheaper for me than MIA so I'm flying into FLL Wednesday night and staying there before heading to the port the next morning (probably via SuperShuttle).

Can't wait!
Welcome! We are also doing same b2b and a birthday! Wow lots of cruiseswith DCL! I also replied to your other post on the other cruise.

Curious re Fort Lauderdale and super shuttle as I could have saved about $400.00 flying to Fort Lauderdale from Buffalo,NY however I couldn't seem to find clear options re getting from there to Miami! Saw some shuttles but really expensive for 2 people, better for bigger groups. Curious how much for supershuttle?
Old 12-30-2012, 04:58 PM   #66
sluna77
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Greetings!

Can't wait!
Also flying into FLL on the 23rd. I am still wondering how to get to MIA Port. I am thinking of doing Comfort Inn Ft. Lauderdale. For an extra charge they will provide free shuttle from the airport to the hotel, from the hotel to the Port, as well as free breakfast.

I was going to do a separate hotel in FLL, but would have to pay the taxi to the hotel. Then do the private shuttle to the Port. And it will only be about 50 less. So for a piece of mind, I am thinking of just having the hotel handle all the travel arrangements.

ME DH DS(2) DS(4) DS(12) DBro(14)

1st Disney Cruise - Disney Wonder Jan 24, 2013
1st Walt Disney World Vacation - Pop Century April 2008

sluna77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 05:00 PM   #67
sluna77
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by samanthas mom View Post
Congrats and welcome! :-)
Thanks!!! I am very excited. But now I have a rush to get Shirts and Magnets made. . .as well as making sure everyone has what they need packed.

Old 12-30-2012, 05:01 PM   #68
sluna77
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkocto View Post
Congratulations!!!
Thanks!!!

Old 12-30-2012, 05:56 PM   #69
sluna77
Mouseketeer

So far here I have the following families going:

Fldaisy - with DH & DD13
dhknlady - with DH
dittybop - with DH & 5 kids
Jeffandjen147 - with 10; 11; & 13
samanthas mom - with DH10
Cartmeller - with DH
familyfundisneyway - with DH; DS14; DS6
ndwest04 - with DW; DS10; DD7
Pinkocto - with DMOM
Iryikle - with DH; DS10; DS3
ImprovGal - Solo
sluna77 - with DDad; DS6mths; DS3; DS11; DBro11; DBro12; DBro13

What are some of the Excursions you are going to be doing? I am thinking of Blue Lagoon Dolphin Encounter - Reserving on blue lagoon website instead of Disney. Saving about 200 dollars.

And then Stringray in Castaway Cay.

Last edited by sluna77; 12-30-2012 at 06:46 PM.
Old 12-30-2012, 06:11 PM   #70
ImprovGal

Quote:
Also flying into FLL on the 23rd. I am still wondering how to get to MIA Port. I am thinking of doing Comfort Inn Ft. Lauderdale. For an extra charge they will provide free shuttle from the airport to the hotel, from the hotel to the Port, as well as free breakfast.

I was going to do a separate hotel in FLL, but would have to pay the taxi to the hotel. Then do the private shuttle to the Port. And it will only be about 50 less. So for a piece of mind, I am thinking of just having the hotel handle all the travel arrangements.
Quote:
Originally Posted by samanthas mom View Post
Welcome! We are also doing same b2b and a birthday! Wow lots of cruiseswith DCL! I also replied to your other post on the other cruise.

Curious re Fort Lauderdale and super shuttle as I could have saved about $400.00 flying to Fort Lauderdale from Buffalo,NY however I couldn't seem to find clear options re getting from there to Miami! Saw some shuttles but really expensive for 2 people, better for bigger groups. Curious how much for supershuttle?
I have elite status with SPG so I was looking at FLL airport-area Sheraton/Westin/etc. I did a Super Shuttle test quote as roundtrip to port of Miami from the Sheraton FLL hotel and it came to $33.00 each way for me as a solo in a shared ride van.
Old 12-30-2012, 06:23 PM   #71
ImprovGal

Quote:
What are some of the Excursions you are going to be doing? I am thinking of Blue Lagoon Dolphin Encounter - Reserving on blue lagoon website instead of Disney. Saving about 200 dollars.

Right now the only excursion I booked for this cruise is for Key West -- the Presidents, Pirates, and Pioneers walking tour. I booked through DCL since even though I'm travelling solo, I'm a social gal and I enjoy meeting people on the ship/on tours/etc.

I hadn't planned on an excursion at Nassau. I had seen the Graycliff wine luncheon excursion on the website, but then realized it wasn't offered for our cruise since we dock on the weekend.

For Castaway Cay, I stay on the ship. I'm not a beach gal, despite living in the Ocean State. <G>
Old 12-30-2012, 07:59 PM   #72
samanthas mom
Earning My Ears

Quote:
So far here I have the following families going:

Fldaisy - with DH & DD13
dhknlady - with DH
dittybop - with DH & 5 kids
Jeffandjen147 - with 10; 11; & 13
samanthas mom - with DH10
Cartmeller - with DH
ndwest04 - with DW; DS10; DD7
Pinkocto - with DMOM
ImprovGal - Solo
sluna77 - with DDad; DS6mths; DS3; DS11; DBro11; DBro12; DBro13

Great idea re listing us all! Just a small correction with mine, it's me and DD10.

Not sure yet re excursions....probably one of the Atlantis in Nassau and possibly a tour in Key west. CASTAWAY CAY probably beach........ Been researching all day, comparing doing on my own versus Disney....In some caseslike Key West trolley rides it's all pretty confusing re what you get on your own versus the Disney ones! but it seems the ones on your own are much cheaper ie kids under 12 ride free and Disney is actually charging them on their excursion.....trying to figure out the difference between the 2!
Old 12-30-2012, 08:12 PM   #73
samanthas mom
Earning My Ears

Quote:
I have elite status with SPG so I was looking at FLL airport-area Sheraton/Westin/etc. I did a Super Shuttle test quote as roundtrip to port of Miami from the Sheraton FLL hotel and it came to $33.00 each way for me as a solo in a shared ride van.
I think next time I may fly out of Buffalo to FLL then. The savings cld have paid for all my excursions etc.!
Old 12-30-2012, 08:21 PM   #74
dittybop
Earning My Ears

Getting excited! We're flying into Miami WEdnesday night. No hotel picked yet. Hoping for one with a shuttle since we're a family of 7. Oh and my inlaws are going now...so really 9. Doing concierge so hope we're not disappointed? This is our 3rd Disney cruise (1st 2 were on Dream). My kids are DS 10, DS 6, DD6, DD6 and DD6 (quads) All our kids birthdays are in January so this is kind of a birthday trip
dittybop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 09:14 PM   #75
sluna77
Mouseketeer

Updated List:

Cartmeller - with DH
dhknlady - with DH
dittybop - with DH; DinLAWs; DS10; DS6; DD6; DD6; DD6
Fldaisy - with DH & DD13
ImprovGal - Solo