Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-17-2012, 04:05 PM   #46
ndwest04
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by samanthas mom View Post
That's great re being on all DCL cruiseships by October! Think I saw there is a name for that but can't remember...some kind of club.....Thanks for the tips! I am thinking already it will be better than Carnival just for the fact it has "Disney" included! :-) So excited and cant wait for Christmas day so I can share the excitement with my daughter and stop sneaking around ie reading these bulletin boards and trying to plan what will be doing etc.! :-)
The club you are probably thinking about is called "Castaway Club". All returning DCL cruisers are automatically added to the club. On our last DCL cruise (our 2nd overall), we were given a nice silver DCL key chain and a nice backpack with DCL Castaway Club printed on it. Not sure if all Castaway members get this every time they return, but it was a nice and unexpected bonus for us the last time we sailed on the Dream.

We've been on the Dream twice, but no other ships yet before this upcoming trip on the Wonder. That said, my family visits WDW at least twice a year and over the years my wife has started up a nice web site/blog with tons of insider tips on both WDW and for DCL. Please stop by and visit her insidertips web site (I can't yet provide the full url on this forum, otherwise I would). Just google "disneyinsidertips" (all 1 word) and it should come right up. Feel free to "like" her site on facebook or "follow" on Twitter so you can get her updates regularly. Good DCL tips are definitely on there!!!
ndwest04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 04:48 AM   #47
samanthas mom
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndwest04 View Post
The club you are probably thinking about is called "Castaway Club". All returning DCL cruisers are automatically added to the club. On our last DCL cruise (our 2nd overall), we were given a nice silver DCL key chain and a nice backpack with DCL Castaway Club printed on it. Not sure if all Castaway members get this every time they return, but it was a nice and unexpected bonus for us the last time we sailed on the Dream.

We've been on the Dream twice, but no other ships yet before this upcoming trip on the Wonder. That said, my family visits WDW at least twice a year and over the years my wife has started up a nice web site/blog with tons of insider tips on both WDW and for DCL. Please stop by and visit her insidertips web site (I can't yet provide the full url on this forum, otherwise I would). Just google "disneyinsidertips" (all 1 word) and it should come right up. Feel free to "like" her site on facebook or "follow" on Twitter so you can get her updates regularly. Good DCL tips are definitely on there!!!
Thanks for all the info, appreciate it! Sounds like very nice gifts from DCL re second cruise! I am doing 2 via B2B's so curious to see what I may get on second one.

I checked out your wife's site and it is good! I would like to get updates so will "like" it once the secret is out (re cruise).
Excited about first b2b Disney cruises on the Wonder - Jan. 24 and 28th, 2013
samanthas mom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-20-2012, 07:59 AM   #48
chknlady
Mouseketeer

34days to go!.
Old 12-21-2012, 10:09 AM   #49
Pinkocto
In love with all things Disney. Happily joined DVC 01/11.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chknlady View Post
34days to go!.

First Trip - YC '89, CSR '98, Pop '07, Music '08, AKL CL 1/11, SSR 12/11, 5N Dream Cruise & AKV 3/12, AKV CL 9/12 , OKW 12/12, 4N Wonder Cruise 1/13, 7N Fantasy Cruise & AKV CL 3/13, AKV 6/13, DL 9/13, VGF 12/13, OKW/AKV 1/14, 5N Wonder Cruise/VBR 3/14, Western Fantasy/BCV 5/14, AKV/BCV 10/14
Pinkocto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 08:17 AM   #50
familyfundisneyway
Earning My Ears

I'm not for sure how to reply to everyones individual post?We do have a fairly small group so I'll just put all my thoughts on one.WELCOME aboard to all the new peopleI recieved my documents 2 days ago.Unfortunately still do not know my stateroom since its GTV.I'm anxious to see where at on ship so I can start plotting my routes around.From the DIS last yr.I read about the "secret veranda"on deck 7.I looked nope.Went back checked my notes..I think I looked several times even on a different deck?Well this time I will find it!Its on The Wonder not The Dream:So that is one difference.I hope someone posts The Navigators for us when they get back.Those are fun to look at.Alot of times I use the search engine in forums to find things I'm interested in.The only excursion we may do so far is The coach tour in Key West,sounds like a nice way to ck. out the town.We don't get off in Naussau.At CC we rented bikes that was fun.May look into doing something else there?Believe it or not we did not see 1 show last time,so definately this time!I need to schedule the character call!ok thats it for now.Chken Lady are you our official countdown keeper?It sure is nice to see that
familyfundisneyway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 01:44 PM   #51
familyfundisneyway
Earning My Ears

Hope everyone had a WONDERful Christmas!Kids were excited to go on cruise.My DS14 is excited to eat KeyLime pie in KeyWest?!?!?! seriously?Well the secret is out and I'm ready to pack!
Old 12-28-2012, 03:25 AM   #52
samanthas mom
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by familyfundisneyway View Post
Hope everyone had a WONDERful Christmas!Kids were excited to go on cruise.My DS14 is excited to eat KeyLime pie in KeyWest?!?!?! seriously?Well the secret is out and I'm ready to pack!
Things were WONDERful over here too! Surprise went well except for a bit of silence after the initial whooping it up....does this mean I am going to have to miss school? OMG, my child loves school (which is a good thing!). Relieved no more hiding and can't wait too! Just trying to get our flu shots now.....we missed this year and bad flu season going on here this year!
Old 12-28-2012, 03:59 AM   #53
samanthas mom
Earning My Ears

Quote:
I'm not for sure how to reply to everyones individual post?We do have a fairly small group so I'll just put all my thoughts on one.WELCOME aboard to all the new peopleI recieved my documents 2 days ago.Unfortunately still do not know my stateroom since its GTV.I'm anxious to see where at on ship so I can start plotting my routes around.From the DIS last yr.I read about the "secret veranda"on deck 7.I looked nope.Went back checked my notes..I think I looked several times even on a different deck?Well this time I will find it!Its on The Wonder not The Dream:So that is one difference.I hope someone posts The Navigators for us when they get back.Those are fun to look at.Alot of times I use the search engine in forums to find things I'm interested in.The only excursion we may do so far is The coach tour in Key West,sounds like a nice way to ck. out the town.We don't get off in Naussau.At CC we rented bikes that was fun.May look into doing something else there?Believe it or not we did not see 1 show last time,so definately this time!I need to schedule the character call!ok thats it for now.Chken Lady are you our official countdown keeper?It sure is nice to see that
Hope you get a good bump up in regards to your room! I would love to see the navigators ahead for of time too, hopefully someone will post, let us know if you find any. From past cruises I know that so much to do and would love the time to be able to look ahead! Re secret veranda, lol, hope you find it as I know there were areas like that on Carnival ships too that I had discovered and then always had trouble refinding them even on same cruise! Wow, not one show? It's our top priority as we go to Disney on Ice every year and love the shows, they are fantastic!

If my daughter had been to Nassau before I wouldn't get off too as I have been there twice and not that excited about it except for having the opportunity to see Atlantis, which I didn't have on other cruises (or realize I could go).......just so expensive but think will do it as commercials do have me curious about it...once in a lifetime thing, skipping water park though, not enough time for the money they are asking for it! Castaway Cay will be R+R for us on the beach.....Key West I am excited about as have never been and thinking of tour too and maybe the 2 museums...I read somewhere not much at them but my daughter loves museums so may do them....the excursions can really add up and can be tiring...then a rush to get ready for dinner. I have cruised enough in past to just be content to stay on ship and relax however since my daughter has never been I feel like I need to take her to see the ports. In the past I always felt like I needed a weeks vacation to recover from my cruises....so much activities and fun jammed packed into a few days....lol, can't wait! :-)
Old 12-28-2012, 08:15 AM   #54
familyfundisneyway
Earning My Ears

Oh yes those Alantis commercials,shortly after cruise my Husband was calling me into room to see the commercial!It does look so beutiful.I saw the museums at KeyWest and we will probably do that too.I don't blame you one bit for taken advantage of all the stops,and since your doing back to backs woo hoo,you'll have pleanty of time.Did you get your room assingment?Do you stay in same room?I have yet to book hotel in Miami.Our flight arrives at noon.I've been looking at Trip Advisor and have lots of ideas,just havin't made up my mind yet.Will you be celebrating B-day with us or your next group of cruisers?Mine was yesterday(46)and my youngest is today(6)lots of celebrating going on this way.
Old 12-29-2012, 04:55 AM   #55
samanthas mom
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Oh yes those Alantis commercials,shortly after cruise my Husband was calling me into room to see the commercial!It does look so beutiful.I saw the museums at KeyWest and we will probably do that too.I don't blame you one bit for taken advantage of all the stops,and since your doing back to backs woo hoo,you'll have pleanty of time.Did you get your room assingment?Do you stay in same room?I have yet to book hotel in Miami.Our flight arrives at noon.I've been looking at Trip Advisor and have lots of ideas,just havin't made up my mind yet.Will you be celebrating B-day with us or your next group of cruisers?Mine was yesterday(46)and my youngest is today(6)lots of celebrating going on this way.
Yes, those Atlantis commercials are very enticing, they got me, and I hope it's worth it! Happy birthday to you and your son! Hope you both had lots of fun celebrating! :-). My birthday falls on last day of the first cruise and first day of the second cruise! Think I can celebrate at breakfast and then later at dinner?...lol...it's a big (and depressing)one (50) so may as well try to make it fun and memorable! :-). We are going to dollar store as daughter wants to decorate the room! You can order a birthday package from ship but way too expensive! Did I ask you if decorating your door? I am going to try to get some things printed and paste magnets on back. Found lots of ideas on these boards. It willbe a fun thing to do.

We already have room assigned and it is same for both cruises. They said we leave luggage there but just have to disembark and then get right back on with no wait. Disadvantage is that we won't get bumped up to better room as ship fills. Fingers crossed for you guys to get bumped!

I can't remember off hand if you are flying in one day ahead or 2? We are 2 days ahead on Jan 22 and arriving afternoon. I have booked a hotel for the 2 nights but not close to Port and Beach as way too expensive. My hotel has a shuttle and we just call them when we arrive and they will pick us up at airport with no cost (except tip for driver) and they will also drive you to malls, restaurant and Port etc. I use same hotel chain all the time, I love them.If you want more details I will send you private email with details.

Hoping to get some stuff done this weekend re getting ready.....so much to think about! So many papers etc too, thinking of going to Staples and getting something smallish that has dividers so I can keep everything separate and organized as move through trip...ie airport, parking, Customs, hotel, cruise etc.! I also need to research this wifi, cell phone situation....I am not tech savy and not sure if I shld still buy a roaming package with my cell phone provider or will I have access to my emails or when.... and thought I saw somewhere you can buy a wifi package with Disney for ship etc. All very confusing to me, so need to sort that out! If anyone has any tips, please tell! :-)
Old 12-29-2012, 12:27 PM   #56
familyfundisneyway
Earning My Ears

Yes you can definately Double Dip on your birthday celebration My son could not stop talking about my b-day and was so excited(maybe because his was next?lol)I have to admit it mad my day extra special.When I read your daughter wants to decorate your room it made me I think you found the best way to celebrate!Maybe you should have your daughter go to front desk(in her princess gown)and request an upgrade for your birthday,but than again you may be quite content to stay where you are?!We already have a GV so I guess the only upgrade would be family deluxe,or MAYBE Concierge!!If its that you can join usI might decorate door a little?I read where someone had used a magnet clip with a ballon on it.That would be very useful if your in the middle of hallway.We arrive in Miami Wed. at noon.Would appreciate if you did private me the hotels e-mail.I'm open for suggestions.Miami is sooo big.We live in the country and our nearest town is 50,000,so its always a little overwhelming traveling to The Big City lol.I checked out cellphones and it sounds like your best bet would be to contact your provider and take it from there.I'm wondering if you can temporarly block everyone except for those you feel you need to have contact with?If anything when you disembark that would be a good time to ck in before you board ship?As for us....ours are shut off,that includes DS14!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-29-2012, 03:31 PM   #57
sluna77
Mouseketeer

I did it!!! Booked my 1st Disney Cruise!!!! Disney Wonder Jan 24th here we come!!!!

The DH isn't going due to no vacation time. I will be going with the following:

DS (11)
DS (3)
DS (6 months)
DBro (13)
DBro (12)
DBro (11)

and my Dad. . .We can't wait.

ME DH DS(2) DS(5) DS(13) DBro(14)

1st Disney Cruise - Disney Wonder Jan 24, 2013
1st Walt Disney World Vacation - Pop Century April 2008

sluna77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 05:03 PM   #58
Pinkocto

Quote:
Originally Posted by sluna77 View Post
I did it!!! Booked my 1st Disney Cruise!!!! Disney Wonder Jan 24th here we come!!!!

The DH isn't going due to no vacation time. I will be going with the following:

DS (11)
DS (3)
DS (6 months)
DBro (13)
DBro (12)
DBro (11)

and my Dad. . .We can't wait.
Congratulations!!!

First Trip - YC '89, CSR '98, Pop '07, Music '08, AKL CL 1/11, SSR 12/11, 5N Dream Cruise & AKV 3/12, AKV CL 9/12 , OKW 12/12, 4N Wonder Cruise 1/13, 7N Fantasy Cruise & AKV CL 3/13, AKV 6/13, DL 9/13, VGF 12/13, OKW/AKV 1/14, 5N Wonder Cruise/VBR 3/14, Western Fantasy/BCV 5/14, AKV/BCV 10/14
Old 12-29-2012, 05:07 PM   #59
Pinkocto

Quote:
Originally Posted by samanthas mom View Post
Yes, those Atlantis commercials are very enticing, they got me, and I hope it's worth it! Happy birthday to you and your son! Hope you both had lots of fun celebrating! :-). My birthday falls on last day of the first cruise and first day of the second cruise! Think I can celebrate at breakfast and then later at dinner?...lol...it's a big (and depressing)one (50) so may as well try to make it fun and memorable! :-). We are going to dollar store as daughter wants to decorate the room! You can order a birthday package from ship but way too expensive! Did I ask you if decorating your door? I am going to try to get some things printed and paste magnets on back. Found lots of ideas on these boards. It willbe a fun thing to do.

We already have room assigned and it is same for both cruises. They said we leave luggage there but just have to disembark and then get right back on with no wait. Disadvantage is that we won't get bumped up to better room as ship fills. Fingers crossed for you guys to get bumped!

I can't remember off hand if you are flying in one day ahead or 2? We are 2 days ahead on Jan 22 and arriving afternoon. I have booked a hotel for the 2 nights but not close to Port and Beach as way too expensive. My hotel has a shuttle and we just call them when we arrive and they will pick us up at airport with no cost (except tip for driver) and they will also drive you to malls, restaurant and Port etc. I use same hotel chain all the time, I love them.If you want more details I will send you private email with details.

Hoping to get some stuff done this weekend re getting ready.....so much to think about! So many papers etc too, thinking of going to Staples and getting something smallish that has dividers so I can keep everything separate and organized as move through trip...ie airport, parking, Customs, hotel, cruise etc.! I also need to research this wifi, cell phone situation....I am not tech savy and not sure if I shld still buy a roaming package with my cell phone provider or will I have access to my emails or when.... and thought I saw somewhere you can buy a wifi package with Disney for ship etc. All very confusing to me, so need to sort that out! If anyone has any tips, please tell! :-)
Buying through the ship isn't too bad just to check emails but if you need the phone precruise it might be easier to see how much roaming fees will be. We just turn our phones off when out of the country since its so expensive. I went to the Bahamas a few years ago and didn't turn it off and my bill was over $300. It just depends how much you need your phone.

Old 12-29-2012, 06:50 PM   #60
familyfundisneyway
Earning My Ears

OH BOY(s)!!!!!Welcome aboard!!!!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: