Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-09-2012, 05:26 PM   #16
chknlady
Mouseketeer

Hi Jeffandjen,
DH, DS16, DD14, and I cruised the Dream in June. We had a wonderful time. This time it's just a mom and dad trip. One piece of advice I plan to follow is to buy a wetsuit. (Shorts) I plan to snorkel and I guess the water can be fairly brisk in January.
Old 11-21-2012, 06:36 AM   #17
samanthas mom
Earning My Ears

Smile Hi

Hello everyone!

It's nice that we are able to talk re these boards. My 10 year old daughter and I are booked back to back on this cruise as well as theWonder Jan 28 to western carribean. Its a xmas gift to her as well and its killing me not to be able to talk about it yet! Its also for myself re 50th birthday. My daughter is still into princesses but her friends are no longer...figured this may be our last opportunity re her excited about meeting the princesses and wanting to dress up!

I have never done Disney cruise but did3Carnival cruises many years ago. I hear that Disney cruises are awesome, cant wait! Anyone know how the ship is filling up now? I know they were offering great rate to Cdns hence I booked..it should help to fill.

Anyone going to Miami early? We are flying in on Jan 22nd.....on my first ever cruise we had flight problems and missed the ship so i always fly out earlynow! We are going to American Girl store. Any suggestions for a daytrip or tour in Miami?
samanthas mom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-21-2012, 07:26 AM   #18
Cartmeller
Graeme and Margaret

Quote:
Originally Posted by samanthas mom View Post
Hello everyone!

It's nice that we are able to talk re these boards. My 10 year old daughter and I are booked back to back on this cruise as well as theWonder Jan 28 to western carribean. Its a xmas gift to her as well and its killing me not to be able to talk about it yet! Its also for myself re 50th birthday. My daughter is still into princesses but her friends are no longer...figured this may be our last opportunity re her excited about meeting the princesses and wanting to dress up!

I have never done Disney cruise but did3Carnival cruises many years ago. I hear that Disney cruises are awesome, cant wait! Anyone know how the ship is filling up now? I know they were offering great rate to Cdns hence I booked..it should help to fill.

Anyone going to Miami early? We are flying in on Jan 22nd.....on my first ever cruise we had flight problems and missed the ship so i always fly out earlynow! We are going to American Girl store. Any suggestions for a daytrip or tour in Miami?
Hi there, we arrive in miami 22 jan too and we are booked on the 24 and 28 cruises back to back also! This will be our 3rd and 4th Disney cruises. We were previously on the Magic and Disney cruises are just that, MAGIC!

We are a married couple from north east England and in our 50s. Where in Canada are you?
Cartmeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 06:16 PM   #19
samanthas mom
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartmeller View Post
Hi there, we arrive in miami 22 jan too and we are booked on the 24 and 28 cruises back to back also! This will be our 3rd and 4th Disney cruises. We were previously on the Magic and Disney cruises are just that, MAGIC!

We are a married couple from north east England and in our 50s. Where in Canada are you?
Hi!
Nice to hear from you and that cruises are magic! What a coincidence on our dates and cruises! lol. You guys are coming quite a ways, that's awesome! We are in Brantford, Ontario which is about an hour and a half from Toronto (I am originally from Toronto). Where in north east England are you coming from?
Old 11-23-2012, 03:03 AM   #20
Cartmeller
Graeme and Margaret

We live in a town called Chester-le-street, it's midway between the cities of Newcastle upon Tyne and Durham.

We met a lovely couple from London, Ontario on our first Disney cruise and have kept in touch via email, postcards etc.

We stayed in Toronto many years ago and loved it, we have also visited gorgeous Vancouver, and I have skied the wonderful Banff area.

Disney cruises are fantastic. Please let me know if you have any questions we might be able to answer for you.

Regards.

Sailed
Seabourn Legend May 2013 (Med)
Disney Wonder January 2013 (Caribbean)
Disney Wonder January 2013 (Bahamas)
RCI Grandeur of the Seas September 2012 (Croatia and Greece)
Disney Magic WBTA September 2011 (Med & Caribbean)
RCI Legend of the Seas February 2011 (Singapore and Indonesia)
Disney Magic September 2010 (Western Mediterranean)
Fred Olsen Boudicca August 2009 (Norway and Spitzbergen)
RCI Majesty of the Seas February 2008 (Bahamas)
Fred Olsen Braemar August 2007 (Northern Europe and Scandinavia)
RCI Grandeur of the Seas October 2006 (Caribbean and Mexico)
MSC Musica July 2006 (Eastern Mediterranean)
Carnival Triumph January 2006 (Western Caribbean)
Caribbean Princess August 2005 (Eastern Caribbean)
RCI Voyager of the Seas July 2004 (Eastern Caribbean)
Old 11-25-2012, 02:18 AM   #21
samanthas mom
Earning My Ears

[QUOTE=Cartmeller;46769691]We live in a town called Chester-le-street, it's midway between the cities of Newcastle upon Tyne and Durham.

We met a lovely couple from London, Ontario on our first Disney cruise and have kept in touch via email, postcards etc.

We stayed in Toronto many years ago and loved it, we have also visited gorgeous Vancouver, and I have skied the wonderful Banff area.

Disney cruises are fantastic. Please let me know if you have any questions we might be able to answer for you.

Regards.[/

Thats nice that you have kept in touch! I am familiar with London as I live pretty close. Thats wonderful that you have been able to visit all these places!

Do you have any suggestions for must sees in Miami?
Old 11-25-2012, 02:29 AM   #22
samanthas mom
Earning My Ears

PS

Ever do the Atlantis excursion anyone? I am looking at it and very expensive......wondering if it is worth it! I am wondering about the water park versus the beach package......my daughter is only 10 and the waterpark slides seem quite scarey so wondering if I should go for the beach and save some money! The underwater marine museum seems pretty awesome but still not sure if I want to spend that much money for a day excursion!
Old 11-25-2012, 10:55 AM   #23
Cartmeller
Graeme and Margaret

When we are in Miami we just do the beach, shops and chill! The only museum we have visited is the Jewish museum which was fascinating.

Never bothered with Atlantis either. It seems over priced and contrived to me, but we have never had to consider the needs of a ten year old in Nassau. Sorry cant help on those things.

Sailed
Seabourn Legend May 2013 (Med)
Disney Wonder January 2013 (Caribbean)
Disney Wonder January 2013 (Bahamas)
RCI Grandeur of the Seas September 2012 (Croatia and Greece)
Disney Magic WBTA September 2011 (Med & Caribbean)
RCI Legend of the Seas February 2011 (Singapore and Indonesia)
Disney Magic September 2010 (Western Mediterranean)
Fred Olsen Boudicca August 2009 (Norway and Spitzbergen)
RCI Majesty of the Seas February 2008 (Bahamas)
Fred Olsen Braemar August 2007 (Northern Europe and Scandinavia)
RCI Grandeur of the Seas October 2006 (Caribbean and Mexico)
MSC Musica July 2006 (Eastern Mediterranean)
Carnival Triumph January 2006 (Western Caribbean)
Caribbean Princess August 2005 (Eastern Caribbean)
RCI Voyager of the Seas July 2004 (Eastern Caribbean)
Old 11-25-2012, 06:57 PM   #24
familyfundisneyway
Earning My Ears

Last year in Feb. we took our first cruise.We really liked it.My husband liked it too but wasin't crazy about being out on the sea?!!so I naturally thought well we probably wont take a cruise again.Imagine my surprise when 2 wks later he said book a cruise in Feb. I really loved it and want to take another.We've been talking about it and I FINALLY booked It will be me and DH DS(14)and DS(6).We took 3 night Dream last time.Excited about 4 nights,different ship,Miami,KeyWest,and being on cruise again.Let the countdown begin!
familyfundisneyway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 07:08 PM   #25
familyfundisneyway
Earning My Ears

This is my second..no expert,but reading different threads helped alot as to what to expect.Just dont get too overwhelmed every family is different.The Dream was soo big.I know there may be some things I miss about it?but am looking forward to trying a different ship.I guess the best advice I read was you just can't do it All,so have fun.
Old 11-27-2012, 07:03 PM   #26
Jeffandjen147
Earning My Ears

When you took your last cruise in Feb. how was the ocean water tempature? I'm afraid it's going to seem pretty cold.
Jeffandjen147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 09:53 AM   #27
familyfundisneyway
Earning My Ears

Yes it was cold.The boys and I made it halfway to the Pelican Plunge and we all decided it was just too cold.Other people were out in it?!I'm sure we will give it a try again.It was a bummer because of course you want to swim in WARM ocean water,but honestly just being on the cruise and everything else,it wasin't a big deal to us.It was the first time my kids have even SEEN the ocean let alone been out cruising on it
Old 12-01-2012, 08:28 AM   #28
familyfundisneyway
Earning My Ears

Are we the only ones on this cruise?!!!!:
Old 12-01-2012, 11:42 AM   #29
samanthas mom
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by familyfundisneyway View Post
Are we the only ones on this cruise?!!!!:
LOL! I think so...as long as they don't cancel it then I am ok with that, there certainly won't be any line ups! :-)
Old 12-02-2012, 09:02 AM   #30
Jeffandjen147
Earning My Ears

It seems like there aren't many going on this cruise at all! I hope they don't cancel it! Has Disney ever cancelled a cruise before??
Jeffandjen147 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: