Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-01-2012, 08:27 AM   #31
Pooh_Friend#1
Check out my year round tan!

My first 2 memories was when I was 2. The first memory, I remember my twin sister and I were playing outside on the driveway and I saw her literally shoot up in the air and come crashing down on her head and she was laying there for a little bit and my parents came running out. The second memory was we were sitting on the couch and she fell off the couch hitting her head and she was being air lifted by a helicopter and I had to stay at our neighbor's house. I now know both times I had witnessed her having a grand mal seizure.
Pooh_Friend#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 08:40 AM   #32
gator75
DIS Veteran

i have to very vivid memories from when i was 2, actualy the first memory i wasn't quite 2 it was 1977 and i had an older brother we lived a few block from the movie theater starwars was the movie that had just come out and i remember when my dad and i dropped my brother and his friend off the line to get into that movie was 2 block long.

The other memory i have is when my mom had to go down to the basement to check on laundry and she put me in the play pen with my little sister well at the time my mom was on weight watchers and she had these dried apples from weight watchers for her snack i climbed out of the playpen and found the apples then climbed back in the playpen and fed them to me and my sister. Boy when my mom came back was she mad not because i got into them but because of the price. She has never forgotten that.
gator75 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-01-2012, 09:30 AM   #33
indimom
Are We There Yet?

I remember feeding wild rubbarb to one of my grandparents' milk cows and getting scolded, apparently the leaves are poisonous/dangerous?? I might have been 4 or 5.
Old 10-01-2012, 04:59 PM   #34
Squidgyness
DIS Veteran

Oh, I also have a lot of memories of me being hurt, but I can't really place them as I used to do that all the time as I had extremely bad balance and was generally clumsy. My record was 21 bruises on my legs and 4 on my arms at once. I was very proud of that... My mother was petrified of someone reporting her to child services :P

I remember being in hospital and throwing up after hitting my head, but apparently I did that a lot lol. I also remember sticking my fingers in a spinning bike wheel and the skin being peeled back off my finger so you could almost see bone. I stared for a few seconds then SCREAMED and scared the pants off my parents... Also when I was really young I split my head open on a wall (similar to pp) but I don't remember that. Apparently I was laughing... I was an odd child.
(All Offsite, 14 Days. WDW, US/IOA, SeaWorld and KSC)

Other Trips :
France/Belgium 07, London 08 and 09, Malta 07/2011.

NEXT TRIP: Unknown
Squidgyness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 08:16 AM   #35
swandiverpatt
DIS Veteran

One memory I must have been very, very young. I was sitting in a high chair and my mother had put a couple of french fries on the table part and I couldn't figure out how to pick them up. Boy, was a screaming mad!!

Another memory, I was probably 2. I would climb up on the side of my crib and hold on to a window sill in a high small window so I could watch the trains go by on a company lot a little way from my house.

Still very interested in eating and traveling. :-)
Old 10-02-2012, 08:57 AM   #36
mom2cookies
DIS Veteran

my earliest memory is when i was probably 2 or 2 1/2 of looking at my brother through the slats of his crib. He is 2 yrs younger than i am. he was on his stomach. lol I also remember when one of my older sisters were changing him and they started yelling and go to find out same brother ate a " ball " that rolled out his diaper... rofl. >_<

To the world you might be one person, but to one person you might be the world
- Unknown

VMK friends are forever in my heart. Vive' la VMK
mom2cookies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 02:49 PM   #37
NotUrsula
DIS Veteran

JFK's funeral. I was two. I remember it because my father took off work to stay home and watch it on TV, and he held me on his lap and just cried all day.

It was Dad crying that cemented it in my memory. I only saw my father cry on one other occasion in my life, 4 years later when he was informed that his mother had died.
NotUrsula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 03:09 PM   #38
O RLY?

Not kidding here but...

3 months

I was lying in what I guess was a crib and saw stag beetles creeping up the windows and launching themselves off. My parents were hosting a barbecue down below outside and I could hear the natter. Obviously I had no idea what they were saying but I remember the light filtering up.
136368 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 03:47 PM   #39
Liberty Belle
I was going to reply, but I see I already did...three years ago!
Hey, I warned you. Now go have a drink. It's the only thing that takes it away
Makes sleestack noises when her throat itches

There are two, but I don't know how old I was. I can guess that I was between 2 and 3 based on other memories. Not sure which came first.

I remember wandering from my bed to my mother's and she told me I couldn't sleep with her and had to go back to my bed. I was terrified of that room (we were staying w/ my grandparents, as my parents were going through a divorce), so I went and sat on the dark stairs until I fell asleep.

The other was I was holding my big doll with hard plastic limbs and walking down my grandparents' front steps, which were concrete. I tripped and fell onto my doll and her foot pushed hard into my midsection. It made me lose my breath (for the first time) and I panicked.

I'm not sure which came first.

DH: Me: DS (20): DS(10):
(Hunter) (Leo) (Anatevka) : (Cookie)
Liberty Belle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 04:01 PM   #40
7165red
DIS Veteran

I remember my grandfather feeding me creamed corn and he said "this baby loves corn" I was pretty young.
7165red is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: