Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-24-2013, 05:56 PM   #1336
lovesdumbo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethattink View Post
I cancelled our May weekend at Pop. I needed a freezer to keep ice packs frozen for ds.
One trip I stayed at Pop my DD was on a medicine that needed to stay cold. I didn't have to carry it to the parks but for the trip home I asked bell services (who have a full size fridge) if they could put the ice pack in their freezer and they did no problem.

If it is a medical need I wonder if they don't have a fridge with freezer that they could put in your room.
Old 01-24-2013, 06:29 PM   #1337
mjperry
One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation. Right at the start of anything that's new, one little spark lights up for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesdumbo

One trip I stayed at Pop my DD was on a medicine that needed to stay cold. I didn't have to carry it to the parks but for the trip home I asked bell services (who have a full size fridge) if they could put the ice pack in their freezer and they did no problem.

If it is a medical need I wonder if they don't have a fridge with freezer that they could put in your room.
Well you could ask, it will not hurt.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
July - 2010 - POP
June - 2011 - POP
*Plus Three Times Off Site, before I knew better.
My Disney Blog
http://www.interplantarypodcast.blogspot.com

T

mjperry is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-24-2013, 07:40 PM   #1338
Coyotesweat
Mouseketeer

Decided not to bother requesting the king bed. I would be a little disappointed if I got an accessible room with no tub. I like baths. Husband's comment was that he didn't care. He would sleep in a storage room as long as it had a roof and was at Disney! We can sleep in our own beds like June and Ward Cleaver....

Down to 7 days and some hours... We go inspect the kennel tomorrow to see if it will suit the dawg. I suspect it will. He is an enthusiastic sort of dawg; he likes everything except cats and thunder, which terrify him.
Coyotesweat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 08:09 PM   #1339
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjperry View Post
If I lived close I would bring u a freezer.

That's a sweet thought. I did cancel Pop. The price of that villa you gave the link of is about the same price as Pop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesdumbo View Post

It's my son I have to keep cool, not a medicine. Last year we did some very creative cooling at SWW, but we had a ton of frozen water. This year he will be sporting hand held airconditioners too.

Quote:
Well you could ask, it will not hurt.

That was suggested to me on my PTR too. It's ok, really. We'll stay at Pop another time.

As I mentioned, we had two portable airconditioners and we'll have a cooler bag filled with frozen waters. Who knows, maybe this year things will change and there will be more SWW in the airconditioning?
lovethattink is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 08:24 PM   #1340
yooperfan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KuyaJeff View Post
I arrive at Pop tomorrow, for those there now. Have people run into less than pleasurable experiences on the buses to/from the parks? I was just wondering if the lines are longer with the international groups rumoured to be there.
Lots more tour groups than the last few years. Haven't seen any on busses. Pop bus service has been really decent. Had a cm say the Brazilian groups are stealing and expect to not have to pay for things others pay for. We haven't encounter any more rudeness from them than anyone else though. Pleasently surprised to see Main Street Electrical Parade is running. Haven't had to wear a coat, nice surprise. Under the sea ride well made, glad they stopped making what I like to refer to as plywood rides. If this is your first stop, take the train to Frontier Land. We thought is was faster than getting off at Barn stormer train stop.
Old 01-24-2013, 09:28 PM   #1341
DonaldnDaisy5
Mouseketeer

[QUOTE="lovethattink"]

That's a sweet thought. I did cancel Pop. The price of that villa you gave the link of is about the same price as Pop.

It's my son I have to keep cool, not a medicine. Last year we did some very creative cooling at SWW, but we had a ton of frozen water. This year he will be sporting hand held airconditioners too.

Have you tried frogg toggs? We bought some for our August trip, one dd doesn't tolerate heat well and they worked great!
DonaldnDaisy5 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 10:04 PM   #1342
mjperry
One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation. Right at the start of anything that's new, one little spark lights up for you.

Wow, you can get a whole home for about the same price as the pop.
July - 2010 - POP
June - 2011 - POP
My Disney Blog

T

Old 01-24-2013, 10:38 PM   #1343
lvcourtneyy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by yooperfan View Post
Lots more tour groups than the last few years. Haven't seen any on busses. Pop bus service has been really decent. Had a cm say the Brazilian groups are stealing and expect to not have to pay for things others pay for. We haven't encounter any more rudeness from them than anyone else though. Pleasently surprised to see Main Street Electrical Parade is running. Haven't had to wear a coat, nice surprise. Under the sea ride well made, glad they stopped making what I like to refer to as plywood rides. If this is your first stop, take the train to Frontier Land. We thought is was faster than getting off at Barn stormer train stop.
When we were there at the beginning of January, there was a BTG that we kept running into a Pop but they really didn't inconvenience us any. They weren't rude or anything at all. One morning they were at the bus stop to go to MK but it seems someone noticed quickly because 2 buses came at once and the tour group and a few others filled the first and the second was enough to fit the rest of us!

Trip Reports In Progress:

Ooo I'm really scaredd! A Sept 13 TR!
Excuse me, your child can NOT go on stage with Mickey: a January 2013 TR!

Completed: We both got real jobs, now we can go to Disney: Sept 2013 PTR
July 2000: GKTW Village// January 2012 offiste// January 2013 Pop Century// September 2013 Pop Century

Follow me on Instagram: @courtneyeliizabeth
lvcourtneyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 09:38 PM   #1344
bentopher
Mouseketeer

Who else is staying at POP on or around May 15-22? There's a couple others over on the SWW thread. Looking to see if anyone wants to do a meetup at all?

May 2013 Pop Century: Star Wars Weekend. The boys 2nd trip. And first trip with Grandma (who hadn't been in 15ish years).
May 2012 All Star Sports: The boys first Disney Vacation, and my first time back in 15 years!
Several offsite trips as a child, a disney cruise in 1994, and ASMu in 1997 for Disney 25th Anniversary!
bentopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 12:05 AM   #1345
mjperry

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentopher
Who else is staying at POP on or around May 15-22? There's a couple others over on the SWW thread. Looking to see if anyone wants to do a meetup at all?
Whats the SWW thread
July - 2010 - POP
June - 2011 - POP
My Disney Blog

T

Old 01-26-2013, 12:36 AM   #1346
Coyotesweat
Mouseketeer

Down side? I am having lower and lower expectations for limited time Magic. Now Disney thinks clicking a button on a web page is "magic"??? And you get nothing for it? And it is for a merchandise logo for a different year entirely?????

On the up side, checked out the kennel and I'm sure the dawg will have a blast. They have horses and fainting goats in property, big play yards for the dogs, and very nice folks. And they were having a half off outside special, so it will only be $10 a day! (We provide food.) That will pay for 8 fufu drinks. Dawg is still winter-plump and hairy, so he won't mind.

And it is finally less than a week til I am at Pop!!!

I tried to take the purple out of my hair so it doesn't come off on the sheets, but even the super oops color remover has little effect. You will spot me by my bleach blond hair with a hot pink stripe down middle. At least the color seems to have stopped coming off randomly. I won't remember your usernames but feel free to randomly say hi! I'll say hi back!

Katie (purple person)
Coyotesweat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 08:36 AM   #1347
jcarwash
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Whats the SWW thread
SWW = Star Wars Weekends

WDW: 17 | DLR: 2 | DCL: 2
Next: Aug 2014 DLR
jcarwash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 08:57 AM   #1348
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonaldnDaisy5 View Post

Have you tried frogg toggs? We bought some for our August trip, one dd doesn't tolerate heat well and they worked great!

Not that brand, but we have tried other cooling towels and pads, and the only cooling vests we could find approved for kids. Spent a crazy amount of money on cooling products.

We got 5 to 10 minutes out of most products. 20 minutes out of the cooling vest. (He can't use the adult cooling vests they have for MS patients because the ice packs would hurt him since he isn't the right proportions.)

They all don't seem to work with humidity. The frozen water bottles kept in a cooler bag til needed seem to last the longest. I also keep a damp cloth in the cooler bag too. We keep him outside as little as possible. He spends alot of time in stores and indoors during the hot months. He's just loving this 70's weather we are having now since he can be outside.
lovethattink is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 12:19 PM   #1349
DonaldnDaisy5
Mouseketeer

Not sure about other brands but those ones are reallu easy to "recharge" or make cold again, run under water or we'd pour some water on it and they seemed to work for a bit. Good luck!!! I know it can be so hard!
DonaldnDaisy5 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 01:11 PM   #1350
mikat
Mouseketeer

I don't know if this had been posted previously, but I just arrived at Pop for a fun solo weekend and there are RFID card readers on the room doors now!
First Trip Ever - Poly - November 2010 * * * Star Wars Weekend - Dolphin - June 2011 * * * Solo Trip - Pop Century - January 2012 * * * Dream a Little Dream Disney 4-Night Cruise - March 2012 * * * Couples Trip to Disneyland - July 2012 * * * Work Conference in WDW - Pop Century - July 2012 * * * Moms and Boys Trip - Pop Century and Wyndham Bonnet Creek - August 2012 * * * Work Conference in WDW - Pop Century - January 2013 * * * Couples Trip - Animal Kingdom Lodge - August 2013 * * * WDW - DCL Christmas in the World and on the Dream - Art of Animation - December 2013
mikat is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: