Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-21-2013, 02:21 PM   #1291
KrazeeK120
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuzzNwoodY0824 View Post
Anyone there recently or there now? How much of a headache is the refurb situation?
I stayed at POP for 3 nights this past weekend (Thurs.-yesterday). I'm actually not sure what refurb you're talking about...

We had a very pleasant stay in the 50's section, non-preferred room (did this long weekend as cheaply as possible!). I was a little nervous having never stayed in a value before and was pleasantly surprised. Even being in a non-preferred room, I didn't find the walk to the main building to be extensive. We had a rental car, so were able to park close to our room.

The walls seem a little thin, but noise doesn't really bother me so that wasn't a problem. All in all, I'm pleased with being able to stay on property for less than $90 per day.
Old 01-21-2013, 02:27 PM   #1292
EpcotBill
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrazeeK120 View Post
I stayed at POP for 3 nights this past weekend (Thurs.-yesterday). I'm actually not sure what refurb you're talking about...

We had a very pleasant stay in the 50's section, non-preferred room (did this long weekend as cheaply as possible!). I was a little nervous having never stayed in a value before and was pleasantly surprised. Even being in a non-preferred room, I didn't find the walk to the main building to be extensive. We had a rental car, so were able to park close to our room.

The walls seem a little thin, but noise doesn't really bother me so that wasn't a problem. All in all, I'm pleased with being able to stay on property for less than $90 per day.
I'm guessing it's in reference to the kiddie pool rehab. That's the only rehab I've heard about. The rooms were just done a couple of years ago.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-21-2013, 03:10 PM   #1293
Janet B
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuzzNwoodY0824 View Post
Anyone there recently or there now? How much of a headache is the refurb situation?
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by EpcotBill View Post
I'm guessing it's in reference to the kiddie pool rehab. That's the only rehab I've heard about. The rooms were just done a couple of years ago.
Perhaps the poster is refering to the RFID roll out...

I also read that the ICONs will undergo refurbishment starting in January thru Sept.

The kiddie pool area rehab is not due to begin until Feb 19th.

Check out the Grooviest FAQ thread here: Pop Century FAQ Thread

TY Kook!
Old 01-21-2013, 03:13 PM   #1294
Janet B
DIS Veteran

Quote:

KrazeeK120, so glad you enjoyed your first stay at POP. We always book standard and do not feel that POP is overly large or spread out to walk around. And the price tag is pretty good too.

TY Kook!
Old 01-21-2013, 04:35 PM   #1295
Coaliesquirrel
Earning My Ears

Rookie question re: early check-in & why?

We're booked for our 1st trip to WDW @ POP (preferred pool view) at the end of February, and I've seen mentions of doing online check-in now up to 60 days out, so we'd be in that window. What I haven't seen is anything that tells me *why* I'd want to do it? Can someone explain the benefits (and possible consequences, if any)? If something comes up and we can't go, would having checked in already impact our ability to cancel and/or utilize our trip insurance?

Also, I'm now seeing the info about pool closures during our trip. I know the main pool won't be closed, and our DD is 5 (so doesn't really *need* a splash pool), but do we think this will translate into the ability to use JUST the splash pool at AOA, or would it get us into ANY of them? I'm sure we'll go over to look, and it certainly wouldn't suck if we were legitimately able to use the awesome-looking pools there!

Thanks for any help/advice!
Old 01-21-2013, 04:45 PM   #1296
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coaliesquirrel View Post
We're booked for our 1st trip to WDW @ POP (preferred pool view) at the end of February, and I've seen mentions of doing online check-in now up to 60 days out, so we'd be in that window. What I haven't seen is anything that tells me *why* I'd want to do it? Can someone explain the benefits (and possible consequences, if any)?
In theory if you do online check-in you should spend less time at the window. When you do online check-in, you fill out the information that you normally would do when checking in normally, only you are doing it before you arrive. You enter your credit card info for being able to charge things back to your room.

Quote:
If something comes up and we can't go, would having checked in already impact our ability to cancel and/or utilize our trip insurance?
Checking in online has no bearing on you being able to cancel or change your plans.

Quote:
Also, I'm now seeing the info about pool closures during our trip. I know the main pool won't be closed, and our DD is 5 (so doesn't really *need* a splash pool), but do we think this will translate into the ability to use JUST the splash pool at AOA, or would it get us into ANY of them?
I highly doubt it.

Quote:
I'm sure we'll go over to look, and it certainly wouldn't suck if we were legitimately able to use the awesome-looking pools there!
The pools at AoA are for AoA guests only.
Old 01-21-2013, 05:10 PM   #1297
knik
Earning My Ears

Does anyone know how much a cab ride would be from POP to the nearest Walmart?
Old 01-21-2013, 07:58 PM   #1298
Tigger2252
DIS Veteran

We walked over to AoA to check out the grounds. All the pools are gated and require a room key to enter. If you are staying at Pop I do not believe you will be able to use the AoA pools.
AKL November 2009
ASM April 2009
POFQ October 2008 MNSSHP
POFQ October 2006 MNSSHP
POFQ November 2005
CSR November 2004
CBR December 2003

Old 01-22-2013, 10:56 AM   #1299
VeronicaBride
Earning My Ears

When does the Feb outdoor movie schedule usually come out? Or is there a link to it somewhere already?
Old 01-22-2013, 11:14 AM   #1300
jcarwash
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeronicaBride View Post
When does the Feb outdoor movie schedule usually come out? Or is there a link to it somewhere already?
If/when Janet B obtains the movie schedule, she has been posting it in the thread plus updating post #6 in the thread.

WDW: 17 | DLR: 3 | DCL: 2
Next: Feb 2015 Disney Magic
Old 01-22-2013, 11:52 AM   #1301
PhoenixStrength
Waiting for my fairytale!

Quote:
It's given out on February 1st, so we won't know until then.

Heat, humidity and a great Mother/Daughter trip! A May TR

Old 01-22-2013, 01:57 PM   #1302
VeronicaBride
Earning My Ears

Oh ok. Thanks for the response!
Old 01-22-2013, 09:30 PM   #1303
Janet B
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by knik View Post
Does anyone know how much a cab ride would be from POP to the nearest Walmart?
Not sure, believe the nearest one is about 6 miles away (Vineland Road/ SR 535). Maybe $15 each way?

TY Kook!
Old 01-22-2013, 09:46 PM   #1304
Janet B
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcarwash View Post
If/when Janet B obtains the movie schedule, she has been posting it in the thread plus updating post #6 in the thread.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixStrength View Post
It's given out on February 1st, so we won't know until then.
Thanks jcarwash and PhoenixStrength!

VeronicaBride, Hopefully will have the info posted on the thread around the first of the month.

TY Kook!
Old 01-22-2013, 10:26 PM   #1305
lvcourtneyy
DIS Veteran

Hey everyone! I just started my trip report from our first stay at Pop! If anyone wants to check it out and see our experience! I know I enjoyed reading the reports from others before we stayed for the first time!

Trip Reports In Progress:

Ooo I'm really scaredd! A Sept 13 TR!
Excuse me, your child can NOT go on stage with Mickey: a January 2013 TR!

Completed: We both got real jobs, now we can go to Disney: Sept 2013 PTR
July 2000: GKTW Village// January 2012 offiste// January 2013 Pop Century// September 2013 Pop Century

Follow me on Instagram: @courtneyeliizabeth
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: