Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-20-2013, 08:34 PM   #1276
Viator80
Mouseketeer

Oh, awesome!
Old 01-20-2013, 08:48 PM   #1277
Disneyfan3333
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcarwash View Post
There isn't anything else similar at Pop and the main pools don't have any zero entry or shallow areas suitable for a two year old to walk in.

I don't know for sure but I'd say there's a good chance Disney will be allowing Pop guests to use the splash pad area at AoA instead, as they tend to make those kinds of arrangements when amenities aren't available like this. If it's not obviously available, it can't hurt to ask. All the pools and the splash pad at AoA are inside gated areas so they would need to have some kind of special access allowed / an open gate or something.
Thanks. Hopefully they make arrangements to let us in at A of A, our toddler is fiercely independent and would much rather run around in a splash pad then be held in a pool!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-21-2013, 08:45 AM   #1278
Whodatsgodisney
Earning My Ears

Thanks to all the PP! You've made our decision a little easier. We have chosen Pop for our very first trip. We can't wait for June!
Old 01-21-2013, 09:21 AM   #1279
Cinderella's slipper
A cross between Cinderella and Winnie the Pooh - "uniquely me"

Kids breakfast at Pop

Quote:
Originally Posted by BearcatsFan View Post
Ooh thank you for this info - exactly what I was looking for! Did you ask for eggs instead of the waffle and then it automatically came with the ham strip and grapes? And if you asked for the waffle it came with the sauce? Or were these at separate stations?

Sorry to bombard you! Thanks in advance!

When I got the waffles they came plain, but I observed them putting strawberry sauce on someone else's so I asked for it. I think the waffle also came with two strawberries.

The waffles and eggs were at separate stations.

Makes me smile just thinking about those great breakfasts.

Linda ~~WDW Commando Club #200
October 1982 offsite -- October 1986 offsite
Many trips in between -POFQ -- Disney World Land & Sea Cruise Poly, Sept 2001 -- POR, Sept 2002 -- Disneyland, Aug 2005 --Shades of Green, Feb 2008 -- Dreams Come True Trip, AKL, Oct 2009 --POFQ, Sept 2011 -- Pop Century, Oct 2012 -- Offsite, March 2014 an all girls trip.
Old 01-21-2013, 11:03 AM   #1280
bigbabyblues
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Ooh thank you for this info - exactly what I was looking for! Did you ask for eggs instead of the waffle and then it automatically came with the ham strip and grapes? And if you asked for the waffle it came with the sauce? Or were these at separate stations?

Sorry to bombard you! Thanks in advance!
I think each station has different kids meals available. Check the menus on allears.net.
Old 01-21-2013, 11:10 AM   #1281
BearcatsFan
we finally had a minute to breathe yesterday and sat down
Soak up the Sun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderella's slipper View Post
When I got the waffles they came plain, but I observed them putting strawberry sauce on someone else's so I asked for it. I think the waffle also came with two strawberries.

The waffles and eggs were at separate stations.

Makes me smile just thinking about those great breakfasts.
Okay great! Thank you again.

Loving all things Disney since 1976.
Old 01-21-2013, 11:14 AM   #1282
BearcatsFan
Soak up the Sun

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbabyblues View Post
I think each station has different kids meals available. Check the menus on allears.net.
Actually I checked the menus here and at allears first. The one here doesn't list breakfast at all, and the one at allears just said, "breakfast platter".

We don't have kids, so I didn't pay attention to the kid's meals that were available when we were at POP in 2011. That's why I came to this thread to ask.

Old 01-21-2013, 12:43 PM   #1283
Fire14
Spartan Living in land of Buckeyes.

Will be going back to ole homestead once again come May. I've wanted to stay at AOA since prior to opening but my car has had other ideas for me. I love POP but really want to Stay with Ariel just once, my cheapness keeps dragging me back
Old 01-21-2013, 01:12 PM   #1284
BuzzNwoodY0824
Mouseketeer

Anyone there recently or there now? How much of a headache is the refurb situation?
Old 01-21-2013, 01:18 PM   #1285
bigbabyblues
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Actually I checked the menus here and at allears first. The one here doesn't list breakfast at all, and the one at allears just said, "breakfast platter".

We don't have kids, so I didn't pay attention to the kid's meals that were available when we were at POP in 2011. That's why I came to this thread to ask.
My bad I thought AE had them when I was trying to plan our trip budget for June. Sorry!
Old 01-21-2013, 01:38 PM   #1286
BearcatsFan
Soak up the Sun

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbabyblues View Post
My bad I thought AE had them when I was trying to plan our trip budget for June. Sorry!
Oh hey, no worries!

Old 01-21-2013, 01:41 PM   #1287
Marla1106
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by utkscvol1 View Post
We r here now too- busses to and from the park have been fine- however we are in the 90s and there are large groups and it has not been pleasant. We are in a group floor, last room on the building- there busses have been consistently parked at our end at te curb-- on and off throughout the day. They have been times out windows have been knocked on. I have really tried to be positive and remind myself where I am but this weekend had been a huge letdown
Can you request a different room?
Old 01-21-2013, 02:00 PM   #1288
Janet B
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wannabee View Post
We are at Pop now.... Checked in yesterday for long weekend trip. Never stayed value before and I have to say I'm impressed. The room is tiny but very clean and comfortable. I requested 60s - paid for standard and was upgraded to preferred. Very close to everything. Not facing pool and the room is very quiet. Have heard sone toilets flushing but ver little noise.

DS13 loves the arcade and was thrilled with ping pong table by pool.

We haven't had a meal at food court but have refilled our mugs.... Always busy in there.

Also we have had great bus luck so far...... Longest wait about 8 mins.

I'll post more when I get home but just wanted to say how much we are enjoying Pop.
Happy to read that you are liking POP! And congrats on the upgrade. Bus service is usually very good at POP so it's gratifying to read its that way for you.

Enjoy! Look forward to your additional thoughts on POP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwmaw View Post
I see that the kiddie pool will be closed for refurb 2/19-3/15. Does anyone know if this will only effect the kiddie pool area or will it also effect Hippity Dippity Pool and the nightly movie. Thanks
It shouldn't affect the Hippy Dippy Pool at all in ... Disney will most likely put up some fencing around the kiddie pool. Now there may be a few more children in the pools, but can't believe it would be anything significant, especially given the fact that is is mid-Feb. The movies are shown between the 60s and 70s, and not near the kiddie pool area, so no, it shouldn't be a factor.

Quote:
Popping back into this thread with good news! My husband surprised me for my birthday yesterday by giving me the go ahead to plan another trip! We're waiting for the days to be approved by his boss yet, but with any luck we'll be going back to POP on May 4th - 11th! Keep your fingers crossed for me!
Can it be your birthday every month??? Have fun!!

And Happy Birthday!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesdumbo View Post
I'll be at Pop 5/3 - 5/11 with DD whose bday is tomorrow celebrating my bday 5/6.
Happy Birthday to your DD and early happy birthday wishes to you!! Another F&G trip!!

Check out the Grooviest FAQ thread here: POP Century FAQ Thread

TY Kook!
Old 01-21-2013, 02:15 PM   #1289
Janet B
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire14 View Post
Will be going back to ole homestead once again come May. I've wanted to stay at AOA since prior to opening but my car has had other ideas for me. I love POP but really want to Stay with Ariel just once, my cheapness keeps dragging me back
Well, we're still happy you are staying at POP, no matter what the reason! (btw, Ithe BB included AOA in the discounts, soooo maybe a return trip is in order to get that Ariel room??)

Quote:
Originally Posted by utkscvol1 View Post
We r here now too- busses to and from the park have been fine- however we are in the 90s and there are large groups and it has not been pleasant. We are in a group floor, last room on the building- there busses have been consistently parked at our end at te curb-- on and off throughout the day. They have been times out windows have been knocked on. I have really tried to be positive and remind myself where I am but this weekend had been a huge letdown
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marla1106 View Post
Can you request a different room?
Believe that utkscvol1 was only there for the long weekend....but actually Marla still has a point.... if you are leaving today, than it's moot, but it seems like this has really effected your stay....in hindsight checking to see if another room in another area would of been worth it if even for one or two nights. Hopefully you will never have to encounter a siituation like this one again.

TY Kook!

Last edited by Janet B; 01-21-2013 at 02:34 PM.
Old 01-21-2013, 02:21 PM   #1290
Janet B
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whodatsgodisney View Post
Thanks to all the PP! You've made our decision a little easier. We have chosen Pop for our very first trip. We can't wait for June!
to the DIS boards and the POP Century FAQ thread!

Hopefully you will fall in love with POP like the rest of us! Stick around, there are plenty of posters that are very knowledgable about POP that would be more than willing to answer any questions you may have.

TY Kook!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: