Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-20-2013, 02:03 PM   #1261
wannabee
Mouseketeer

We are at Pop now.... Checked in yesterday for long weekend trip. Never stayed value before and I have to say I'm impressed. The room is tiny but very clean and comfortable. I requested 60s - paid for standard and was upgraded to preferred. Very close to everything. Not facing pool and the room is very quiet. Have heard sone toilets flushing but ver little noise.

DS13 loves the arcade and was thrilled with ping pong table by pool.

We haven't had a meal at food court but have refilled our mugs.... Always busy in there.

Also we have had great bus luck so far...... Longest wait about 8 mins.

I'll post more when I get home but just wanted to say how much we are enjoying Pop.
Old 01-20-2013, 02:41 PM   #1262
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wannabee View Post
We are at Pop now.... Checked in yesterday for long weekend trip. Never stayed value before and I have to say I'm impressed. The room is tiny but very clean and comfortable. I requested 60s - paid for standard and was upgraded to preferred. Very close to everything. Not facing pool and the room is very quiet. Have heard sone toilets flushing but ver little noise.

DS13 loves the arcade and was thrilled with ping pong table by pool.

We haven't had a meal at food court but have refilled our mugs.... Always busy in there.

Also we have had great bus luck so far...... Longest wait about 8 mins.

I'll post more when I get home but just wanted to say how much we are enjoying Pop.
Nice to hear you are enjoying your stay. Having great bus service speaks volumes. We were at the MK yesterday and it was very crowded.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-20-2013, 03:07 PM   #1263
wdwmaw
planin' next trip

Question

I see that the kiddie pool will be closed for refurb 2/19-3/15. Does anyone know if this will only effect the kiddie pool area or will it also effect Hippity Dippity Pool and the nightly movie. Thanks

24 trips and plannin' the next 1
Old 01-20-2013, 04:23 PM   #1264
Viator80
Mouseketeer

I'd really like to get a fireworks view, my kids love fireworks and I heard 50s section 4th floor lake view is best. When doing online checkin they only allow you 2 requests. So should I request 50s lake view and hope for 4th floor, or 4th floor lake view and hope for 50s???
Old 01-20-2013, 04:45 PM   #1265
BearcatsFan
we finally had a minute to breathe yesterday and sat down
Soak up the Sun

Popping back into this thread with good news! My husband surprised me for my birthday yesterday by giving me the go ahead to plan another trip! We're waiting for the days to be approved by his boss yet, but with any luck we'll be going back to POP on May 4th - 11th! Keep your fingers crossed for me!

Loving all things Disney since 1976.
Old 01-20-2013, 05:07 PM   #1266
BearcatsFan
Soak up the Sun

I also had a question about the Child's Breakfast Platter at Everything POP! Can anyone tell me what comes with it and how large the portions are? The adult meals are sometimes too much food for me, but I want to make sure the child's portion is going to be enough, KWIM?

Thanks!

Old 01-20-2013, 05:23 PM   #1267
utkscvol1
DIS Veteran

We r here now too- busses to and from the park have been fine- however we are in the 90s and there are large groups and it has not been pleasant. We are in a group floor, last room on the building- there busses have been consistently parked at our end at te curb-- on and off throughout the day. They have been times out windows have been knocked on. I have really tried to be positive and remind myself where I am but this weekend had been a huge letdown
Old 01-20-2013, 05:24 PM   #1268
goofyfigment
DIS Veteran

I got a kids breakfast when i was just there. The one i got was 2 mickey waffles 2 pieces of bacon grapes and i got chocolate milk.
1984 First Visit Off Site 1987 Off Site 1996 All Star Sports 1997 Howard Johnson Enchantedland 1998 The Spas @ Resort World 2001 Westgate Towers and HRH 2007 Sheraton Vistana Villages and HRH 2008 Parkway International and RPR 2009 All Star Sports 2010 Westgate Vacation Villas 2011 Club Seville 2011 All Star Sports 2012 Sheraton Vistana Resort and Windsor Hills 2012 Westgate Leisure Resort and POP 2013 Westgate Vacation Villas 2013 Birthday trip Royal Pacific 2013 Portofino Bay 2013 POP 2013 All Star Movies 2014 Wilderness Lodge Villas 2014 Vacation Villas At Fantasyworld2014 Boardwalk Villas2014 Vacation Villas At Fantasyworld2014 Bay Lake Towers2014 Wilderness Lodge Villas2014 Saratoga Springs
Old 01-20-2013, 05:44 PM   #1269
lovesdumbo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BearcatsFan View Post
Popping back into this thread with good news! My husband surprised me for my birthday yesterday by giving me the go ahead to plan another trip! We're waiting for the days to be approved by his boss yet, but with any luck we'll be going back to POP on May 4th - 11th! Keep your fingers crossed for me!
I'll be at Pop 5/3 - 5/11 with DD whose bday is tomorrow celebrating my bday 5/6.
Old 01-20-2013, 05:45 PM   #1270
Cinderella's slipper
A cross between Cinderella and Winnie the Pooh - "uniquely me"

Childs Breakfast Platter

Quote:
I also had a question about the Child's Breakfast Platter at Everything POP! Can anyone tell me what comes with it and how large the portions are? The adult meals are sometimes too much food for me, but I want to make sure the child's portion is going to be enough, KWIM?

Thanks!
When we were there in October 2012, I had the childs breakfast platter and it was perfect for me. When I had eggs, it also came with a ham strip, grapes, and childs beverage.

When I had the mickey waffle, I got strawberry sauce, ham strip and childs beverage.

The ham strip was better than any bacon that Disney puts on an adult breakfast platter.

Enjoy!

Linda ~~WDW Commando Club #200
October 1982 offsite -- October 1986 offsite
Many trips in between -POFQ -- Disney World Land & Sea Cruise Poly, Sept 2001 -- POR, Sept 2002 -- Disneyland, Aug 2005 --Shades of Green, Feb 2008 -- Dreams Come True Trip, AKL, Oct 2009 --POFQ, Sept 2011 -- Pop Century, Oct 2012 -- Offsite, March 2014 an all girls trip.
Old 01-20-2013, 05:54 PM   #1271
BearcatsFan
Soak up the Sun

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesdumbo View Post
I'll be at Pop 5/3 - 5/11 with DD whose bday is tomorrow celebrating my bday 5/6.
Thank you! I turned 40 yesterday, so a WDW surprise trip helped to dull the pain!

Looks like we'll be there at the same time! Want to know something funny? The trip was a gift for my birthday, but we'll be arriving on my husband's birthday, which is 5/4!

Old 01-20-2013, 05:55 PM   #1272
BearcatsFan
Soak up the Sun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderella's slipper View Post
When we were there in October 2012, I had the childs breakfast platter and it was perfect for me. When I had eggs, it also came with a ham strip, grapes, and childs beverage.

When I had the mickey waffle, I got strawberry sauce, ham strip and childs beverage.

The ham strip was better than any bacon that Disney puts on an adult breakfast platter.

Enjoy!
Ooh thank you for this info - exactly what I was looking for! Did you ask for eggs instead of the waffle and then it automatically came with the ham strip and grapes? And if you asked for the waffle it came with the sauce? Or were these at separate stations?

Sorry to bombard you! Thanks in advance!

Old 01-20-2013, 06:06 PM   #1273
lovesdumbo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thank you! I turned 40 yesterday, so a WDW surprise trip helped to dull the pain!

Looks like we'll be there at the same time! Want to know something funny? The trip was a gift for my birthday, but we'll be arriving on my husband's birthday, which is 5/4!
40 was easy but 50 was tough. There was lots of turmoil at work which made it tougher. It sure helped going BWI with a couple of girl friends in a club level room.

Too funny about your DH bday.

Maybe I'll make DD Mickey waffles for breakfast tomorrow.
Old 01-20-2013, 07:00 PM   #1274
Viator80
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viator80
I'd really like to get a fireworks view, my kids love fireworks and I heard 50s section 4th floor lake view is best. When doing online checkin they only allow you 2 requests. So should I request 50s lake view and hope for 4th floor, or 4th floor lake view and hope for 50s???
Anyone have a clue?
Old 01-20-2013, 07:16 PM   #1275
PhoenixStrength
Waiting for my fairytale!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viator80 View Post
Anyone have a clue?
You can do more than 2 requests if you call and add the requests. So pick any 2 at online check-in, then call and make sure all 3 are on there.

Heat, humidity and a great Mother/Daughter trip! A May TR

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: