Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 01-19-2013, 04:51 PM   #1246
stitchlovestink
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 4,166

Quote:
Originally Posted by utkscvol1
We checked in last night- staying in the 90s. Needless to say never again-- we haven't stayed at pop in 4 years and have already been reminded why. There is a large group of foreigners- I have no clue what nationality they are- last night after 1030 a huge group came by and decided knocking on our window and screaming at the top of their lungs was appropriate for that time of day. I picked up to call front desk but they left and I have no clue where they went. If we weren't here but just for the weekend I would def be at that front desk
Interesting!
Not saying it didn't happen to you, and BTW it is a Brazilian tour group, but I have been here since 1/12 and am in the 50's (bldg 3close to 4) and haven't been impacted by them at the hotel at all. I did have a large crowd of them on the bus to DTD one night but that's it. Haven't seen them other than that and I've been at the resort quite a bit this trip...way more than usual. I don't leave until the 23rd. Sorry for your negative experience.
stitchlovestink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 05:18 PM   #1247
VeronicaBride
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 51

Silly question, but if we check in on Feb 1st - what day can I do the online registration?
VeronicaBride is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 01-19-2013, 06:41 PM   #1248
Sandi
A proud Spartans fan!
 
Sandi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: East Lansing, Michigan USA
Posts: 5,196

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeronicaBride
Silly question, but if we check in on Feb 1st - what day can I do the online registration?
You should be able to do online check in now. It was changed from 10 days to 60 days recently. I checked in for my trip that starts 3/3/13 and I did online check in last week.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
__________________
Have a Disney Day! -Sandi

No trip scheduled.
Sandi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 07:28 PM   #1249
VeronicaBride
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 51

What is the link to do online check in again?
VeronicaBride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 08:09 PM   #1250
Jaco5nc
Excited about our Upcoming Trip
 
Jaco5nc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 56

We are checking in on the 3rd of February which is the day of The Superbowl:-). Is there anywhere to watch other then in our room? I apologize if this has already been asked...
__________________
Jaco5nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 09:02 PM   #1251
2goofykiddos
Budding Disney addict
 
2goofykiddos's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Virginia
Posts: 306

I am subscribing as I am trying to fit in one more trip on our APs. Right now we are booked at Pop, but are still considering off-site, especially now that the Kiddie pool is being refurbished. We have never stayed at Pop, will this include the splash area? How comfortable and clean are the rooms. We stayed at CBR a few weeks ago for just one night and it seemed dingy and dirty. Love to hear your thoughts! Also do like that I can use TIW at the food court!
__________________
+ = (6) and (3)
__________________________________________
June 2001- CSR Honeymoon
May 2010- 3 days off site
May 2011-- 6 nights POFQ
May 2012- 7 nights VWL!!!!!
Oct 2012 Adult's only F&W trip
Dec 2012- Bonnet Creek with extended family,
1 night CBR
March 2013- off site
May 2014- Bay Lake Tower
2goofykiddos is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 09:53 PM   #1252
MyKidsMom1820
Mouseketeer
 
MyKidsMom1820's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 232

Quote:
Originally Posted by merbobear View Post
I'll be there on Mother's day! I am not sure on the pack & play, when we stayed there my dd was already too big to be using them. I don't recall seeing one in the closet, but I also wasn't looking for it, so it may have sat there unnoticed

We stayed at POP in 2011 and our only request was 1st floor (we had a stroller) - we were in the 90s facing the computer pool. We were just about a 30 second walk from jumping right into the water! It was a small hike to get to eat & on the buses in the mornings, and we sort of cursed those extra steps to get to our room at night, but overall it was a great location that we got by the luck of the draw
So excited!! we called tonight to compare the price of switching to a mermaid room at AoA (which I always want to call IOA does anyone else do this?) ultimately we stayed at pop since we had a PIN and we are super frugal so it didn't make sense for us to switch. I will want to take a stroll through to check out the AoA tho. I was thinking about requesting first floor too, we will have a stroller for our 2 yr old, but then since we r driving we will probably just leave it in the car.

how old is your DD? mine is 7, 8 in July. Also we have 2 boys who will be 6 and 2 when we go.
__________________
Jennifer (30) DH (31) DD7 DS5 DS2

April 2011- First Family Trip- AllStarMovies



MyKidsMom1820 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 10:09 PM   #1253
Sandi
A proud Spartans fan!
 
Sandi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: East Lansing, Michigan USA
Posts: 5,196

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeronicaBride
What is the link to do online check in again?
You go to www.disneyworld.com and click on "my reservations" to pull up your reservation. If you reserved before the new website, you might need to add the reservation. It should provide a hotlink to do check in.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
__________________
Have a Disney Day! -Sandi

No trip scheduled.
Sandi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 10:48 PM   #1254
stitchlovestink
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 4,166

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2goofykiddos
I am subscribing as I am trying to fit in one more trip on our APs. Right now we are booked at Pop, but are still considering off-site, especially now that the Kiddie pool is being refurbished. We have never stayed at Pop, will this include the splash area? How comfortable and clean are the rooms. We stayed at CBR a few weeks ago for just one night and it seemed dingy and dirty. Love to hear your thoughts! Also do like that I can use TIW at the food court!
I have rarely had a problem with Mousekeeping and when I have they have addressed it quickly & efficiently and it has never been a serious problem to begin with. This trip my mousekeeper has been incredible!! I get towel animals and she asks if I need anything extra when I see her. She's like DCL quality IMO!! Just no turn down service, LOL!!! I would be thrilled to get back in her section again in the future!
stitchlovestink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 07:52 AM   #1255
Janet B
DIS Veteran
 
Janet B's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Harleysville, PA
Posts: 3,858

Quote:
Originally Posted by snkasweet View Post
Getting ready to hit the hay on our last night of our first stay at POP! We loved the resort but the CMs were even better. They really make your stay fantastic. My dd7,dh and I alk had food poison and spent all day Thurs in bed and in our room.(not from food at POP!) A dear CM i spoke to when grabbing drinks brought up a stuffed animal and toys for both girls. Very sweet of her to go out of her way to make a yucky situation better. Pop really is fantastic.
The CMs at POP are topnotch! Although I'm sorry you had food poisioning, it is heartwarming to read that the CMs (once again) went out of their way to bring a little bit of sunshine to all of you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2goofykiddos View Post
I am subscribing as I am trying to fit in one more trip on our APs. Right now we are booked at Pop, but are still considering off-site, especially now that the Kiddie pool is being refurbished. We have never stayed at Pop, will this include the splash area? How comfortable and clean are the rooms. We stayed at CBR a few weeks ago for just one night and it seemed dingy and dirty. Love to hear your thoughts! Also do like that I can use TIW at the food court!
In all our POP stays, we have never had issues with our room or housekeeping. In fact last August, our mousekeeper, Marieli, was terrific -- she went out of her way with my DD and my young niece, going as far as teaching them towel animals 101.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coyotesweat View Post
Lol. I didn't request a building. We can walk, so distance not an issue. Requested lake view top floor cause I am light sleeper. Building?

50's - when hubby was a child and didn't get to go to Disney but watched Mickey Mouse Club to see the cartoons.
60's- I was a kid and had my first trip to DL
70's - I got to go to DL several times and hubby got 8 hrs in Magic Kingdom.
80's- 1988 I finally visit Magic Kingdom and Epcot by myself.
90's- meet my hubby but too poor to vacation.

So, will have fond associations with any building!

Katie. Hope everyone gets their requests
Katie, you have a great attitude! For sure your POP stay will be magical and wonderful!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by utkscvol1 View Post
We checked in last night- staying in the 90s. Needless to say never again-- we haven't stayed at pop in 4 years and have already been reminded why. There is a large group of foreigners- I have no clue what nationality they are- last night after 1030 a huge group came by and decided knocking on our window and screaming at the top of their lungs was appropriate for that time of day. I picked up to call front desk but they left and I have no clue where they went. If we weren't here but just for the weekend I would def be at that front desk
Sorry for your negative experience. It's a shame people can't be considerate of thoughtul of others. We were just in Disney over marathon weekend and noticed several tour groups in the parks. It was our first time visiting in January, and I'm told that tour groups are common at this time.

Do hope your next Disney stay will be more to your liking.
__________________
Janet

Check out the Grooviest FAQ thread here: Pop Century FAQ Thread

TY Kook!
Janet B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 07:55 AM   #1256
Janet B
DIS Veteran
 
Janet B's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Harleysville, PA
Posts: 3,858

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaco5nc View Post
We are checking in on the 3rd of February which is the day of The Superbowl:-). Is there anywhere to watch other then in our room? I apologize if this has already been asked...
Pop's Petals bar should be showing the game... also ESPN but suspect that would be a madhouse.
__________________
Janet

Check out the Grooviest FAQ thread here: Pop Century FAQ Thread

TY Kook!
Janet B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 08:03 AM   #1257
Janet B
DIS Veteran
 
Janet B's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Harleysville, PA
Posts: 3,858

Quote:
Originally Posted by stitchlovestink View Post
Interesting!
Not saying it didn't happen to you, and BTW it is a Brazilian tour group, but I have been here since 1/12 and am in the 50's (bldg 3close to 4) and haven't been impacted by them at the hotel at all. I did have a large crowd of them on the bus to DTD one night but that's it. Haven't seen them other than that and I've been at the resort quite a bit this trip...way more than usual. I don't leave until the 23rd. Sorry for your negative experience.
Hi stichlovestink ... happy to read that you having a good time. So often this happens that one came be at the same resort and have totally different experiences. If not a tour group (and by the way, I'm not putting down tour groups, sure there are plenty that are considerate of others) it could be a loud obnoxious family next door to you.

Enjoy and have fun!! So wish I were back in my other "world".
__________________
Janet

Check out the Grooviest FAQ thread here: Pop Century FAQ Thread

TY Kook!
Janet B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 12:19 PM   #1258
ImpossibleOfMe
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: South FL
Posts: 123

Sorry if this has been asked before!

Since the new system does not allow for requests when making the ressie (if it does, I sure couldn't/can't find it) when would be a good time to call and put in my bldg request?
Also, can I specify 'fireworks view' or does it need to be bldg and lake view?

We are I believe 35 days out - res/deposit has been made via wdw.com.

Thanks!!
__________________
Me (26): DH (26) DS (4) DD(5mos)
ImpossibleOfMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 12:24 PM   #1259
dansdad
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Current Home of the Stanley Cup!!
Posts: 4,497

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImpossibleOfMe
Sorry if this has been asked before!

Since the new system does not allow for requests when making the ressie (if it does, I sure couldn't/can't find it) when would be a good time to call and put in my bldg request?
Also, can I specify 'fireworks view' or does it need to be bldg and lake view?

We are I believe 35 days out - res/deposit has been made via wdw.com.

Thanks!!
You can make requests anytime from the day you book up until 5-6 days prior to your arrival.

I have found it best to word your request to explain what you are looking for exactly. Like close to pool or facing lake.
__________________
ME DW DS12
dansdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 01:30 PM   #1260
Janet B
DIS Veteran
 
Janet B's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Harleysville, PA
Posts: 3,858

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImpossibleOfMe View Post
Sorry if this has been asked before!

Since the new system does not allow for requests when making the ressie (if it does, I sure couldn't/can't find it) when would be a good time to call and put in my bldg request?
Also, can I specify 'fireworks view' or does it need to be bldg and lake view?

We are I believe 35 days out - res/deposit has been made via wdw.com.

Thanks!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dansdad View Post
You can make requests anytime from the day you book up until 5-6 days prior to your arrival.

I have found it best to word your request to explain what you are looking for exactly. Like close to pool or facing lake.

As dansdad stated, it is best to be concise within what the schedulers can process. Suggest, lakeview, upper floor, 50s or 6os ...since Illuminations is best seen from the upper floors of bldgs 2, 3, & 4.

Just double checking as well that you are holding a standard room, as a lakeview room falls under this category.
__________________
Janet

Check out the Grooviest FAQ thread here: Pop Century FAQ Thread

TY Kook!
Janet B is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:36 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: