Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-16-2013, 09:14 PM   #1216
Coyotesweat
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KuyaJeff
I'm officially in the single digits...9 days until we pop into Pop Century! I'm hoping for the best with our requested non-accessible king bed, on the highest floor possible. We have a Preferred Pool View booked...so it feels like chances are slim. Regardless, I know we'll have a great time!
Thanks for reminding me to call to request a king. We asked for top floor lake view as quiet is most important attribute for us, but would rather have king if possible as I still like my 50's hubby.

Katie
Old 01-17-2013, 12:59 PM   #1217
jcarwash
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by apentney View Post
What would you say is the best building 50,60,70?
My favorite section/building to request is 50's building 1, and I always book a standard room.

Building 1 is relatively close to the main building, and has a little short cut around it to get to the bus area. For a quick dip I like the bowling pool.

WDW: 17 | DLR: 3 | DCL: 2
Next: Feb 2015 Disney Magic
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-17-2013, 02:34 PM   #1218
MinnieMO
he touched the butt?!?!

What sections have the new door locks now?

Me 24 : 96 off-site
05 POR and 07,10,12,13,14 POP Century
Old 01-17-2013, 03:13 PM   #1219
yooperfan
DIS Veteran

Can you fit the 1/2 gallon of milk you can buy in the food court in the mini frig in the room, if you can, how much else could you fit and are they in all the rooms?
Thanks.
Old 01-17-2013, 03:20 PM   #1220
MinnieMO
he touched the butt?!?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yooperfan View Post
Can you fit the 1/2 gallon of milk you can buy in the food court in the mini frig in the room, if you can, how much else could you fit and are they in all the rooms?
Thanks.
Yes you can fit a 1/2 gal and they are in all rooms, there is a picture on the first page of this thread that shows the fridge with stuff in it (not sure how to quote that too)

Old 01-17-2013, 03:21 PM   #1221
PhoenixStrength
Waiting for my fairytale!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yooperfan View Post
Thanks.
Yes you can fit a 1/2 gallon of milk.

There is a picture in the 2nd post of the first page showing a mini fridge stuffed, gives you a good idea of what all you can fit in there.

Yes, there is a mini fridge in every room.

ETA: MinnieMO posted at the same time as me

And here is the picture from the first page of the mini fridge:

Heat, humidity and a great Mother/Daughter trip! A May TR
Alien Encounter gave me PTSD!! A Dec '14 PTR

Old 01-17-2013, 03:28 PM   #1222
MinnieMO
he touched the butt?!?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixStrength View Post
Yes you can fit a 1/2 gallon of milk.

There is a picture in the 2nd post of the first page showing a mini fridge stuffed, gives you a good idea of what all you can fit in there.

Yes, there is a mini fridge in every room.

ETA: MinnieMO posted at the same time as me

And here is the picture from the first page of the mini fridge:

Lol yep that's the one I was talking about man you can get a lot of food in those little things

I've also wondered about that totoni pizza in there where would you cook that

Old 01-17-2013, 03:48 PM   #1223
apentney
Mouseketeer

I have been busy, busy planning since I'm within 14 days before we are on the road. As I planned my route I see that we should arrive at POP at approx 2:00am-3:00am. If we arrive during that time should we attempt to check in? Do you think the front desk will let me check in that early and let me access my room if it is ready? Or will they look at me like a compete idiot? I won't mind sleeping in my car for 5 or so hours, I will be in Disney . But my kids on the other hand may be a different story
Old 01-17-2013, 04:09 PM   #1224
Sandi
A proud Spartans fan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by apentney View Post
I have been busy, busy planning since I'm within 14 days before we are on the road. As I planned my route I see that we should arrive at POP at approx 2:00am-3:00am. If we arrive during that time should we attempt to check in? Do you think the front desk will let me check in that early and let me access my room if it is ready? Or will they look at me like a compete idiot? I won't mind sleeping in my car for 5 or so hours, I will be in Disney . But my kids on the other hand may be a different story
I think they can check you in at 6:00 a.m. and there is no guarantee that a room would be ready. They always try to accommodate people though. If you wanted in the room earlier, I think you'd have to have a reservation for the prior night and they'd give you a "late" check in.

Old 01-17-2013, 05:05 PM   #1225
pinky4disney
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinnieMO View Post
What sections have the new door locks now?
I just got back from a stay at Pop last weekend. We were in Bldg 3 (50's section - Tramp building) on the first floor (on the side of Tramp farther from Classic Hall). Our door had the new RFID lock, but I noticed that not all rooms in our building had the new locks yet (the same floor rooms closer to Classic Hall had the old style locks).
Old 01-17-2013, 07:33 PM   #1226
goofyfigment
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandi

I think they can check you in at 6:00 a.m. and there is no guarantee that a room would be ready. They always try to accommodate people though. If you wanted in the room earlier, I think you'd have to have a reservation for the prior night and they'd give you a "late" check in.
I checked in at 7am on dec 30th and my room was ready by 815am
1984 First Visit Off Site 1987 Off Site 1996 All Star Sports 1997 Howard Johnson Enchantedland 1998 The Spas @ Resort World 2001 Westgate Towers and HRH 2007 Sheraton Vistana Villages and HRH 2008 Parkway International and RPR 2009 All Star Sports 2010 Westgate Vacation Villas 2011 Club Seville 2011 All Star Sports 2012 Sheraton Vistana Resort and Windsor Hills 2012 Westgate Leisure Resort and POP 2013 Westgate Vacation Villas 2013 Birthday trip Royal Pacific 2013 Portofino Bay 2013 POP 2013 All Star Movies 2014 Wilderness Lodge Villas 2014 Vacation Villas At Fantasyworld2014 Boardwalk Villas2014 Vacation Villas At Fantasyworld2014 Bay Lake Towers2014 Wilderness Lodge Villas2014 Saratoga Springs2014 Fantasy World Vacation Villas2014 Disney All Star Sports2014Royal Pacific Resort
Old 01-18-2013, 02:15 AM   #1227
MinnieMO
he touched the butt?!?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinky4disney View Post
I just got back from a stay at Pop last weekend. We were in Bldg 3 (50's section - Tramp building) on the first floor (on the side of Tramp farther from Classic Hall). Our door had the new RFID lock, but I noticed that not all rooms in our building had the new locks yet (the same floor rooms closer to Classic Hall had the old style locks).
Thanks I had read somewhere I thought that they would all be done by the 21st which is the day I get there, 1) I'm hoping that my room has it just because its new lol 2) Because I don't wanna have to wait on them if they decide to change it in the middle of a day I decide to go back. Just my luck

Old 01-18-2013, 08:37 AM   #1228
wannabee
Mouseketeer

I'll be at POP tomorrow. Its our first value stay. This thread is making me very excited!!!!!
Old 01-18-2013, 10:59 AM   #1229
CammelleandBre
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wannabee View Post
I'll be at POP tomorrow. Its our first value stay. This thread is making me very excited!!!!!
We check in tomorrow too. It's our first value stay as well.
Old 01-18-2013, 11:14 AM   #1230
Janet B
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KuyaJeff View Post
I'm officially in the single digits...9 days until we pop into Pop Century! I'm hoping for the best with our requested non-accessible king bed, on the highest floor possible. We have a Preferred Pool View booked...so it feels like chances are slim. Regardless, I know we'll have a great time!
Jeff, have a wonderful time! Yes, will a Pref Pool view it definitely limits your chances, but you may get lucky! You got the right attitude about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoey9989 View Post
My baby sister will be turning 21 on midnight on superbowl sunday. what are the chances that petals will still be open at this time?? whats the latest you have seen it open? thanks all!
hmmm.... hours are til midnight, have no idea if it would be any different on superbowl sunday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wannabee View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by CammelleandBre View Post
We check in tomorrow too. It's our first value stay as well.
Enjoy! When you return, we would be interested in your impressions of POP, if you would like to share.

Check out the Grooviest FAQ thread here: POP Century FAQ Thread

TY Kook!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: