Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-12-2013, 03:07 PM   #1186
KELLY
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by EpcotBill View Post
I didn't know they came up through they drain I thought they squeezed through the gap under the door. I guess they could also come in through the ventilation system.
I just assumed it came from the drain since it was in the tub or maybe I watch to many movies.

Many Trips the past 6 years at pop with free dining!
Me , DH , DD 8 and DD 6
Old 01-12-2013, 03:40 PM   #1187
Marla1106
Mouseketeer

I'm allergic to roaches, hope we don't have any in our room. LOL
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-12-2013, 06:38 PM   #1188
MyKidsMom1820
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by EpcotBill View Post
Yes it's true. You might have to request it but they're available.
thanks!

April 2011- First Family Trip- AllStarMovies

Old 01-13-2013, 06:37 PM   #1189
lvcourtneyy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KELLY View Post
I just assumed it came from the drain since it was in the tub or maybe I watch to many movies.
Ours was on the wall outside the bathroom so I guess it's possible

My dad owns an exterminating business and he always says if you see one of any kind of bug, you can ignore it but once you see two or more you should be worried so I tried to let it go !

Trip Reports In Progress:

Ooo I'm really scaredd! A Sept 13 TR!
Excuse me, your child can NOT go on stage with Mickey: a January 2013 TR!

Completed: We both got real jobs, now we can go to Disney: Sept 2013 PTR
July 2000: GKTW Village// January 2012 offiste// January 2013 Pop Century// September 2013 Pop Century

Follow me on Instagram: @courtneyeliizabeth
Old 01-13-2013, 08:50 PM   #1190
Jax1023
Mouseketeer

Re the roach- it was most likely a palmetto bug. They we very common in the south and look like flying roaches. They are native and there is no way to get rid of them.

Says a New Yorker who's seen a few roaches

Old 01-14-2013, 12:09 AM   #1191
stitchlovestink
DIS Veteran

Checked into POP late last night to a completely sold out hotel! Will be here until the 23rd. my only internet is thru my phone but I will try to check the thread in case anyone has any questions they want answered.

Posted from Disney Forums Reader for Android
Old 01-14-2013, 05:32 AM   #1192
utkscvol1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by stitchlovestink
Checked into POP late last night to a completely sold out hotel! Will be here until the 23rd. my only internet is thru my phone but I will try to check the thread in case anyone has any questions they want answered.

Posted from Disney Forums Reader for Android
We check in Friday- I hope everyone is gone---maybe it's just the crowd from the marathon
Old 01-14-2013, 09:25 AM   #1193
KELLY
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jax1023 View Post
Re the roach- it was most likely a palmetto bug. They we very common in the south and look like flying roaches. They are native and there is no way to get rid of them.

Says a New Yorker who's seen a few roaches
Nope mine were roaches. The palmetto bugs are gross looking as well. But theses were roaches. It won't effect me staying at pop in the future. Bugs happen as long as they aren't bed bugs I'm good.

Many Trips the past 6 years at pop with free dining!
Me , DH , DD 8 and DD 6
Old 01-14-2013, 12:06 PM   #1194
lvcourtneyy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Nope mine were roaches. The palmetto bugs are gross looking as well. But theses were roaches. It won't effect me staying at pop in the future. Bugs happen as long as they aren't bed bugs I'm good.
Agreed, mine was definitely a roach but as I said, one of any bug doesn't bother me but once I see more than one we have a problem. So I won't hold this one against Pop.

Trip Reports In Progress:

Ooo I'm really scaredd! A Sept 13 TR!
Excuse me, your child can NOT go on stage with Mickey: a January 2013 TR!

Completed: We both got real jobs, now we can go to Disney: Sept 2013 PTR
July 2000: GKTW Village// January 2012 offiste// January 2013 Pop Century// September 2013 Pop Century

Follow me on Instagram: @courtneyeliizabeth
Old 01-14-2013, 12:14 PM   #1195
nuge67
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvcourtneyy View Post
Agreed, mine was definitely a roach but as I said, one of any bug doesn't bother me but once I see more than one we have a problem. So I won't hold this one against Pop.
Well, roaches should bother you or anyone else. I didn't pay money to stay in a hotel with roaches be it a value or a deluxe.

The problem with roaches are, they love to travel. They will find their way into your suitcases, clothes or other belongings you plan on bringing home and then they will explode in your house, multiplying by the hundreds and thousands.

If my room has a roach, I better be getting a new room out of that building altogether!!
Old 01-14-2013, 06:11 PM   #1196
robinstrip
Earning My Ears

I agree. I won't stay in a room if I've seen a roach. Guess it's back to AoA and hope there's no reports of roaches there. I know that they can be anywhere but I'm not gonna stay somewhere if I see them.
Old 01-14-2013, 10:35 PM   #1197
Mickeyherewecome123
DIS Veteran

Going to be at PoP in 40
Days!!! Can't wait

(me, Fran) (Dh, John) (DS8, Justin) (DS8, Jason) (Lou Lou our Pug) (Zoey our baby Pug)

Previous trips: First trip with BFF 1993 stayed off site,
2000 with DH for our Honeymoon we stayed at Caribbean Beach,
May 2008 with Dh and our boys stayed at Port Orleans Riverside,
most recent trip April 2009 with my entire family and we stayed at POP
MY TRIP REPORT
Old 01-15-2013, 12:49 AM   #1198
Coyotesweat
Mouseketeer

17 days! Yay. Requested upper floor, lake view. Not scared of Florida roaches, Texas has ginormous flying rusty brown cockroaches. I finally got more or less used to 'em. Florida roaches couldn't be any worse. Still kill 'em on sight though.

I will watch the bug 4d movie in Animal Kingdom.

Whee! I'm happy about the extended EMH hours.
That's three more hours at Disney for no extra money! Makes up for the $300 i decided not to spend on flights that would only have got me toi Disney 3 hours earlier. And on days that for various reasons I chose parks with EMH, leaving shorter lines for the other parks on other days.

Katie
Old 01-15-2013, 04:44 AM   #1199
merbobear
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyKidsMom1820 View Post
first stay at POP in May. So excited. I loved reading through this thread. I tried to request a packnplay when I made my res but the agent told me they were in the closet area of every room already??? Is this true? also I am not requesting any special location, I thought I would like to be surprised, but we didn't pay extra for preferred. Will anyone else be there on mothers day?

I'll be there on Mother's day! I am not sure on the pack & play, when we stayed there my dd was already too big to be using them. I don't recall seeing one in the closet, but I also wasn't looking for it, so it may have sat there unnoticed

We stayed at POP in 2011 and our only request was 1st floor (we had a stroller) - we were in the 90s facing the computer pool. We were just about a 30 second walk from jumping right into the water! It was a small hike to get to eat & on the buses in the mornings, and we sort of cursed those extra steps to get to our room at night, but overall it was a great location that we got by the luck of the draw

Old 01-15-2013, 08:52 AM   #1200
Janet B
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by stitchlovestink View Post
for a nice long vacation!! Have a great time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by utkscvol1 View Post
We check in Friday- I hope everyone is gone---maybe it's just the crowd from the marathon
I just returned from a 5 day trip to the world (the Disney blues are hitting me). I did not think the park crowds were bad at all (of course my frame of reference is August crowds ). More than likely it was all the runners.

Have a great trip!

Quote:
Kelly, this gave me a smile! I don't like roaches either, and would probably call down to change our room if I saw one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by robinstrip View Post
I agree. I won't stay in a room if I've seen a roach. Guess it's back to AoA and hope there's no reports of roaches there. I know that they can be anywhere but I'm not gonna stay somewhere if I see them.
Hopefully the critters don't like to hitchhike across the bridge.

Check out the Grooviest FAQ thread here: Pop Century FAQ Thread

TY Kook!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: