Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-09-2013, 10:03 AM   #1141
utkscvol1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RENThead09
Just wanted to say HI quick and thanks for anyone who answered my Pre-trip questions.

I am here at POP now. It is amazing as ever and really is a magical place.

A few thoughts:
-Magical Express...was the only one on my bus at 6:10 in the morning.

-Online check In...was perfect. Got the building I wanted (50's), facing the lake, and top floor to boot. PLUS, they let me check in at 7am the day arrived. Had planned on dropping backpack with luggage services and hittng the parks. Was able to take a quick nap and hit the park wide awake.

-The rooms are very clean. After all the talk about rooms, I did a really good walk through and was actually impressed.

-The new key pads were put on the doors in the 50's today. Just swipe it to get in. The parks have been seperating people with room key tickets and all others. As an AP, I can not use the shorter room key ticket line because they cannot link my AP and the room key. That kinda sucks.

-Walked through AoA. I really want to stay in the Cars section. LOL I wasnt impressed with the food court and actually thought POP had a better selection.

I think that is it for now. Here for another week.

Thanks again everyone!
That stinks they can link our room key and apthat leaves us with 2 cards to keep up with)
Old 01-09-2013, 11:29 AM   #1142
EpcotBill
DIS Veteran

A couple of years ago we found Divvies caramel popcorn at Everything Pop and also at The Main Street Bakery. Their products are not produced in a facility that also processes nuts. They are nut, dairy and egg free.

I haven't seen Divvies since then. If you're at Pop now or sometime soon would you look for Divvies please? Thanks.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-09-2013, 04:50 PM   #1143
Pudding mum
Earning My Ears

Breakfast at pop

Can you buy bread at pop?? I will do a garden grocer for fillings for sandwiches but don't really want a loaf of bread hanging round in the room all week thought it might save a few pennies to have sandwiches occasionally so we have more money to bring souvenirs home
Old 01-09-2013, 05:57 PM   #1144
PhoenixStrength
Waiting for my fairytale!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pudding mum
Can you buy bread at pop?? I will do a garden grocer for fillings for sandwiches but don't really want a loaf of bread hanging round in the room all week thought it might save a few pennies to have sandwiches occasionally so we have more money to bring souvenirs home
Yes, there are bread slices by the bakery case, with the bagels and such.

Heat, humidity and a great Mother/Daughter trip! A May TR
Alien Encounter gave me PTSD!! A Dec '14 PTR

Old 01-09-2013, 05:58 PM   #1145
ricosuave
Mouseketeer

If we get our tix from UT can they add those to our room key? If so, where would we do this?
Old 01-09-2013, 07:06 PM   #1146
mjperry
One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation. Right at the start of anything that's new, one little spark lights up for you.

I believe you can use a snack credit for a drink.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
July - 2010 - POP
June - 2011 - POP
*Plus Three Times Off Site, before I knew better.
My Disney Blog
http://www.interplantarypodcast.blogspot.com

T

Old 01-09-2013, 07:28 PM   #1147
tarzansmom
I would rather be at Walt Disney World!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcarwash

The Pop rooms were refurbished in 2010 and now have a privacy curtain for the bathroom area. Carpeting, painting, and room decor were all updated, and the TVs are flat panel on top of smaller furniture.

Within the last year mini refrigerators were added to all the rooms along with free WiFi service.

Oh, and they happened to open a whole new resort, Art of Animation, across Hourglass Lake so you can walk across the bridge and visit there too. Just stay out of the pools!
Thanks! Do they still have the tie dye cheesecake and tiramisu at everything pop?

2003- POR * 2005- POP * 2006- POP * 2008- POP/CSR * 2010- WL * 2011- CBR * 2013-?
Old 01-09-2013, 07:31 PM   #1148
SPAM
DIS Veteran

I will be at Pop tomorrow!
Old 01-09-2013, 07:36 PM   #1149
goofyfigment
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarzansmom

Thanks! Do they still have the tie dye cheesecake and tiramisu at everything pop?
They had it over Xmas
1984 First Visit Off Site 1987 Off Site 1996 All Star Sports 1997 Howard Johnson Enchantedland 1998 The Spas @ Resort World 2001 Westgate Towers and HRH 2007 Sheraton Vistana Villages and HRH 2008 Parkway International and RPR 2009 All Star Sports 2010 Westgate Vacation Villas 2011 Club Seville 2011 All Star Sports 2012 Sheraton Vistana Resort and Windsor Hills 2012 Westgate Leisure Resort and POP 2013 Westgate Vacation Villas 2013 Birthday trip Royal Pacific 2013 Portofino Bay 2013 POP 2013 All Star Movies 2014 Wilderness Lodge Villas 2014 Vacation Villas At Fantasyworld2014 Boardwalk Villas2014 Vacation Villas At Fantasyworld2014 Bay Lake Towers2014 Wilderness Lodge Villas2014 Saratoga Springs2014 Fantasy World Vacation Villas2014 Disney All Star Sports2014Royal Pacific Resort
Old 01-09-2013, 08:05 PM   #1150
lindsey
DIS Veteran

I will be there tomorrow too!
Jun82 - FW, Aug88 - FW, Oct91 - FW, Oct92 - FW, Dec93 - POR (formerly DL), Feb95 - POR(formerly DL), Jun96 - off site, Dec96 - Poly, Jun99 - FW, Dec00 - FW, Dec02 - FW, Jun04 -FW, Dec05 - BWI & AKL, Feb07 - offsite, Jun07 - ASMo, Oct 08 - ASMu, Feb09 Pop/Bonnet Creek, Sep10 - Bonnet Creek, Nov 11 - Bonnet Creek, Jn 13 - POP, Bonnet Creek, Caribbean Beach

Old 01-10-2013, 08:37 AM   #1151
goofgal31
Mouseketeer

Is there anyone who has stayed recently (or there now) that are in one of the king/double handicapp accessable rooms? We are going in April with my disabled mom and have requested this type of room, but am a little concerned about how much space there is in the room.
Old 01-10-2013, 09:28 AM   #1152
PhoenixStrength

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofgal31 View Post
Is there anyone who has stayed recently (or there now) that are in one of the king/double handicapp accessable rooms? We are going in April with my disabled mom and have requested this type of room, but am a little concerned about how much space there is in the room.
The handicap rooms are the same size as the other rooms, they just have the King bed and a handicap accessible shower (AKA a roll-in).

Old 01-10-2013, 02:25 PM   #1153
Salrx95
Mouseketeer

So Disney has told us we are in the World of Sports area for our 5 nights, 6 days at Pop coming up in February. I will do a search and look at the Pop layout again and find out what I can but was wondering if some of you kind people can tell us a little bit about it. We are PoP newbies and just wanted to know where it is in relation to the pool, food court and other tidbits you feel is necessary. Thanks. Sal
Old 01-10-2013, 02:37 PM   #1154
PhoenixStrength

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salrx95 View Post
So Disney has told us we are in the World of Sports area for our 5 nights, 6 days at Pop coming up in February. I will do a search and look at the Pop layout again and find out what I can but was wondering if some of you kind people can tell us a little bit about it. We are PoP newbies and just wanted to know where it is in relation to the pool, food court and other tidbits you feel is necessary. Thanks. Sal
World of Sports area refers to what area of Walt Disney World you are in, it's the area that POP Century Resort is in, in reference to all of Walt Disney World. They were just letting you know that the resort is near ESPN's Wide World of Sports. Since WDW is so large they break down what theme park the resort is closest to, or in this case that they are closest to WWoS.

You won't find out what area of POP Century you are in until you get there and get your room assignment.

Old 01-10-2013, 02:42 PM   #1155
Salrx95
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixStrength View Post
World of Sports area refers to what area of Walt Disney World you are in, it's the area that POP Century Resort is in, in reference to all of Walt Disney World. They were just letting you know that the resort is near ESPN's Wide World of Sports. Since WDW is so large they break down what theme park the resort is closest to, or in this case that they are closest to WWoS.

You won't find out what area of POP Century you are in until you get there and get your room assignment.
well, there you go. Thanks for that. I hadn't heard it of and struck me as odd. But I'm off work today and my wife message to say "hey, we're in the world of sports area, can you look into it". Thanks for that. I thought we weren't gonna know til we got there so that struck me as a surprise. I thought maybe it was gonna be a goofy sports or something old school like that at first. Kids and I love that.

Thanks again. Sal.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: