Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 01-08-2013, 11:44 AM   #1126
MomTo3PrincessesInNJ
Mouseketeer
 
MomTo3PrincessesInNJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: 1,019 miles from Disney World
Posts: 317

Quote:
Originally Posted by pittsburghmom View Post
I know this is technically a dining plan question, but here it is anyway: We are set to stay at POP in 2 weeks and will have the QSDP.

I know the dining plan includes the refillable mugs that can be filled as much as you want at your resort. My question is: if you are getting a meal on the DDP at the food court, can you fill your mug with soda AND grab a bottle of milk/juice/water and not have to pay OOP for the bottled drink? I was thinking this would be a good way to get some drinks for breakfast/take to the parks....I thought I had read a dining review a while back about doing this, but of course I can't find that thread!

Thanks a bunch!!!
We did this when we were at AoA in November. We drank the refil mug with our quick service meal and saved the drink that came with it (a drink with a cap!) for the parks. It never occured to me that it wouldn't be "allowed" so hopefully it's fine!
__________________
Me, H & Our 3 Princesses (ages 8, 5, 2)
April 2001, ASMu
November 2012 {Jersey Week}, AoA-Nemo
January 2013, Pop!
December 2013, POR-Alligator Bayou
March 2014, Pop! {Solo}
November 2014 {Jersey Week}, Split Stay! CSR- Business Class w/Free Dining and Beach Club
November 2015 {Jersey Week}, Land & Sea! Hotel TBD, 3-night DCL Dream

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
MomTo3PrincessesInNJ is offline  
Old 01-08-2013, 12:01 PM   #1127
KELLY
DIS Veteran
 
KELLY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Wells,me,usa
Posts: 5,569

Quote:
Originally Posted by pittsburghmom View Post
I know this is technically a dining plan question, but here it is anyway: We are set to stay at POP in 2 weeks and will have the QSDP.

I know the dining plan includes the refillable mugs that can be filled as much as you want at your resort. My question is: if you are getting a meal on the DDP at the food court, can you fill your mug with soda AND grab a bottle of milk/juice/water and not have to pay OOP for the bottled drink? I was thinking this would be a good way to get some drinks for breakfast/take to the parks....I thought I had read a dining review a while back about doing this, but of course I can't find that thread!

Thanks a bunch!!!
That is exactly what we did last year. The year before we had more snack credits so sometimes we brought our mugs but most of the time we didn't bother. This time we made a trip back to our room to get them. We did have some left over drinks and used them on check out day.
__________________

Many Trips the past 6 years at pop with free dining!
Me , DH , DD 8 and DD 6
KELLY is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 01-08-2013, 12:10 PM   #1128
princessanj
Earning My Ears
 
princessanj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Alabama
Posts: 66

I don't see how it would be against any rules. You get a drink with your quick service meal with the dining plan and you can refill your mugs as much as you want.
__________________
princessanj is offline  
Old 01-08-2013, 12:13 PM   #1129
pittsburghmom
Mouseketeer
 
pittsburghmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 200

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomTo3PrincessesInNJ View Post
We did this when we were at AoA in November. We drank the refil mug with our quick service meal and saved the drink that came with it (a drink with a cap!) for the parks. It never occured to me that it wouldn't be "allowed" so hopefully it's fine!
Quote:
Originally Posted by KELLY View Post
That is exactly what we did last year. The year before we had more snack credits so sometimes we brought our mugs but most of the time we didn't bother. This time we made a trip back to our room to get them. We did have some left over drinks and used them on check out day.
Thank you both! I appreciate your help
pittsburghmom is offline  
Old 01-08-2013, 12:25 PM   #1130
jcarwash
DIS Veteran
 
jcarwash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 3,328

Quote:
Originally Posted by pittsburghmom View Post
I know this is technically a dining plan question, but here it is anyway: We are set to stay at POP in 2 weeks and will have the QSDP.

I know the dining plan includes the refillable mugs that can be filled as much as you want at your resort. My question is: if you are getting a meal on the DDP at the food court, can you fill your mug with soda AND grab a bottle of milk/juice/water and not have to pay OOP for the bottled drink? I was thinking this would be a good way to get some drinks for breakfast/take to the parks....I thought I had read a dining review a while back about doing this, but of course I can't find that thread!

Thanks a bunch!!!
Yes, this is a smart use of your dining plan credits because you get a drink with your meal credit like everywhere else, but you're also at the resort where you can fill your mug. So always grab a bottled beverage rather than a fountain drink cup, as part of your QS meal credit at Pop so you can use that bottled beverage somewhere else.
__________________

WDW: 17 | DLR: 2 | DCL: 2
Next: Aug 2014 DLR
jcarwash is offline  
Old 01-08-2013, 01:27 PM   #1131
utkscvol1
DIS Veteran
 
utkscvol1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 944

I just realized I can do online check in today this quick weekend get away is coming awful fast
__________________
utkscvol1 is offline  
Old 01-08-2013, 03:45 PM   #1132
likeadream
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Green Bay, WI
Posts: 27

I've never done online check in-Just wondering what the pros and cons of doing it online are
And also with the new website being so goofy would it be a good idea to do it now?

Thanks!
__________________
Elizabeth

January 2012 Offsite Honeymoon
January 2013 POP Century
May 2013 Yacht Club

NEXT TRIP... January 2014 Port Orleans Riverside
likeadream is offline  
Old 01-08-2013, 05:25 PM   #1133
Grumpy Grandma
DIS Veteran
 
Grumpy Grandma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: SACRAMENTO CA
Posts: 3,283

Quote:
Originally Posted by KuyaJeff View Post
Just wondering; does Pop have the RFID door locks yet? Any guesses on if they'll be installed by the time I arrive on 1/24 if they aren't already?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steph2527 View Post
We are here now....no RFID doors yet!
I'm also here now ...... all of building 1 and half of another have RFID .... does make it easier in the dark with my old eyes.
__________________
Grumpy Grandma is offline  
Old 01-08-2013, 06:21 PM   #1134
Steph2527
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: NY
Posts: 682

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Grandma View Post
I'm also here now ...... all of building 1 and half of another have RFID .... does make it easier in the dark with my old eyes.
I'm jealous! We're in building 5...with the old locks! The RFID is so much easier (used to enter parks and at be our guest for lunch today!) sad to go home tomorrow :/. That means its time to plan the next trip!
__________________
Steph2527 is offline  
Old 01-08-2013, 08:15 PM   #1135
Grumpy Grandma
DIS Veteran
 
Grumpy Grandma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: SACRAMENTO CA
Posts: 3,283

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steph2527 View Post
I'm jealous! We're in building 5...with the old locks! The RFID is so much easier (used to enter parks and at be our guest for lunch today!) sad to go home tomorrow :/. That means its time to plan the next trip!
Book a BB before you check out?
__________________
Grumpy Grandma is offline  
Old 01-08-2013, 09:04 PM   #1136
stitchlovestink
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 4,274

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Grandma
Quote:

Originally Posted by KuyaJeff

Just wondering; does Pop have the RFID door locks yet? Any guesses on if they'll be installed by the time I arrive on 1/24 if they aren't already?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steph2527

We are here now....no RFID doors yet!

I'm also here now ...... all of building 1 and half of another have RFID .... does make it easier in the dark with my old eyes.
curious...how long is it taking them to change over a bldg? I wonder how long until the entire resort will be done? We arrive saturday...


Posted from Disney Forums Reader for Android
stitchlovestink is offline  
Old 01-08-2013, 09:08 PM   #1137
Grumpy Grandma
DIS Veteran
 
Grumpy Grandma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: SACRAMENTO CA
Posts: 3,283

Quote:
Originally Posted by stitchlovestink View Post
curious...how long is it taking them to change over a bldg? I wonder how long until the entire resort will be done? We arrive saturday...


Posted from Disney Forums Reader for Android
I don't know how long it will take them but I doubt it will be done by Saturday.
__________________
Grumpy Grandma is offline  
Old 01-08-2013, 09:19 PM   #1138
RENThead09
DIS Veteran
 
RENThead09's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: My heart is in Anaheim, My body is in Portland!
Posts: 683

Just wanted to say HI quick and thanks for anyone who answered my Pre-trip questions.

I am here at POP now. It is amazing as ever and really is a magical place.

A few thoughts:
-Magical Express...was the only one on my bus at 6:10 in the morning.

-Online check In...was perfect. Got the building I wanted (50's), facing the lake, and top floor to boot. PLUS, they let me check in at 7am the day arrived. Had planned on dropping backpack with luggage services and hittng the parks. Was able to take a quick nap and hit the park wide awake.

-The rooms are very clean. After all the talk about rooms, I did a really good walk through and was actually impressed.

-The new key pads were put on the doors in the 50's today. Just swipe it to get in. The parks have been seperating people with room key tickets and all others. As an AP, I can not use the shorter room key ticket line because they cannot link my AP and the room key. That kinda sucks.

-Walked through AoA. I really want to stay in the Cars section. LOL I wasnt impressed with the food court and actually thought POP had a better selection.

I think that is it for now. Here for another week.

Thanks again everyone!
__________________
I feel like Ariel, can't get enough of that shiney RunDisney bling. LOL

Upcoming Races...
Nov 2014 Avengers Half Marathon
Jan 2015 Star Wars Half Marathon
RENThead09 is offline  
Old 01-08-2013, 09:30 PM   #1139
KuyaJeff
Mouseketeer
 
KuyaJeff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 240

Quote:
Originally Posted by RENThead09 View Post
Just wanted to say HI quick and thanks for anyone who answered my Pre-trip questions.

I am here at POP now. It is amazing as ever and really is a magical place.

A few thoughts:
-Magical Express...was the only one on my bus at 6:10 in the morning.

-Online check In...was perfect. Got the building I wanted (50's), facing the lake, and top floor to boot. PLUS, they let me check in at 7am the day arrived. Had planned on dropping backpack with luggage services and hittng the parks. Was able to take a quick nap and hit the park wide awake.

-The rooms are very clean. After all the talk about rooms, I did a really good walk through and was actually impressed.

-The new key pads were put on the doors in the 50's today. Just swipe it to get in. The parks have been seperating people with room key tickets and all others. As an AP, I can not use the shorter room key ticket line because they cannot link my AP and the room key. That kinda sucks.

-Walked through AoA. I really want to stay in the Cars section. LOL I wasnt impressed with the food court and actually thought POP had a better selection.

I think that is it for now. Here for another week.

Thanks again everyone!
Thanks for the update! Your post has me even more excited about our arrival in just 16 days.
__________________
____???_____ - JANUARY 2015
POP CENTURY - JANUARY 2012
POP CENTURY -JANUARY 2013
KuyaJeff is offline  
Old 01-08-2013, 09:35 PM   #1140
Steph2527
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: NY
Posts: 682

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Grandma View Post
Book a BB before you check out?
Wish I could! BB are only through 2013...we travel in January. Next trip we want to stay either at POR or CR...our 2 favorites!
__________________
Steph2527 is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:39 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: