Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-06-2013, 03:17 PM   #1111
KELLY
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cajunbaby1 View Post
52 days til I check in at Pop Century!! Having never stayed there this board has helped me alot.

Is the mini fridge big enough to hold a 1/2 gal of milk? gotta have my cereal.
Also is there an ice machine on every floor?

I;m so excited to get back to WDW I cant stand it
Yes the fridge will hold 1/2 gallon of milk.

Many Trips the past 6 years at pop with free dining!
Me , DH , DD 8 and DD 6
Old 01-06-2013, 03:25 PM   #1112
sweetie1996
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcarwash View Post
The Pop rooms were refurbished in 2010 and now have a privacy curtain for the bathroom area. Carpeting, painting, and room decor were all updated, and the TVs are flat panel on top of smaller furniture.

Within the last year mini refrigerators were added to all the rooms along with free WiFi service.

Oh, and they happened to open a whole new resort, Art of Animation, across Hourglass Lake so you can walk across the bridge and visit there too. Just stay out of the pools!
Stay out of the pool? I thought if you were staying at any of the value resorts, you could use any of those pools???
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-06-2013, 03:45 PM   #1113
PhoenixStrength
Waiting for my fairytale!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetie1996 View Post
Stay out of the pool? I thought if you were staying at any of the value resorts, you could use any of those pools???
Nooooo...only sisters resorts can share pools, and POP and AoA are not considered sister resorts. They usually have the gates set so you have to swipe your AoA KTTW card just to get into the pools. In any case POP Century guests are not allowed in the AoA pools. The only exception was when the heaters were down in the Hippy Dippy Pool they did allow POPers over in their main pool, but that was it.

Heat, humidity and a great Mother/Daughter trip! A May TR

Old 01-06-2013, 06:03 PM   #1114
Sandi
A proud Spartans fan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pudding mum View Post
Less than 50 sleeps till pop!!! I was wondering as there will be myself dh and my two ds in a pop room wether I can ask for one of the put up beds so we can all have a night or two sleeping on our own is this allowed or do I have to rent one???? I have requested lakeside top floor after reading what you guys ave written lol
You can request a rollaway bed from Housekeeping when you arrive. You can ask about it in advance, but they will not guarantee the availability. It is $15 per night. I've seen several rollaways at Pop and, if you do a search of the boards for "pop" and "rollaway," you'll find where several people have gotten them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pamelasu1 View Post
They do not allow roll away beds at Pop, to the best of my knowledge. I have heard of some people bringing along an inflatable twin mattress. The rooms are pretty small, so it won't fit between the 2 beds, but I think I have heard of people moving the table and chairs and being able to fit the air mattress there, near the door.
This is not correct. The rollaways are narrow and they fit okay. I'll agree that it will be a tight fit, but many people do it. Also, as I noted earlier, they will not guarantee that a rollaway will be available.

Old 01-06-2013, 06:46 PM   #1115
pamelasu1
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandi View Post
You can request a rollaway bed from Housekeeping when you arrive. You can ask about it in advance, but they will not guarantee the availability. It is $15 per night. I've seen several rollaways at Pop and, if you do a search of the boards for "pop" and "rollaway," you'll find where several people have gotten them.

This is not correct. The rollaways are narrow and they fit okay. I'll agree that it will be a tight fit, but many people do it. Also, as I noted earlier, they will not guarantee that a rollaway will be available.
Very sorry....my mistake.
[SIZE="1"]July 1976-offsite; Nov. 2004-FW campground; April 2005-offsite; Oct. 2005-offsite; Oct. 2008-POP; Feb. 2009-POFQ; Dec. 2-13, 2010-BC/CR/YC; Sept. 19-27, 2011 - Swan; Feb. 25-March 2, 2012 - offsite; Sept. 23 -Oct. 3, 2012 - offsite; Jan. 31-Feb. 7, 2013 - POR; Aug. 25-Sept. 4, 2013 - AoA Nemo/AKL; Sept. 8-13, 2014 - AKV Jambo.
Old 01-06-2013, 11:22 PM   #1116
EpcotBill
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cajunbaby1 View Post
Also is there an ice machine on every floor?
Yes, near the elevators.
Old 01-07-2013, 10:55 AM   #1117
utkscvol1
DIS Veteran

We haven't stayed at pop in 4 years- we have stayed at cbr and pofq. Using our ap room discount for a long weekend to get a discounted room at pop. We haven't been there since the refurb-are the fridges the same size as the ones at the mods or are they smaller?
Old 01-07-2013, 01:12 PM   #1118
Pudding mum
Earning My Ears

[QUOTE=mjperry;47101797]Lol so what does potty mean? Has a whole different meaning across the pond.

Lol in the UK potty means mad / daft /silly.
Old 01-07-2013, 11:57 PM   #1119
KuyaJeff
Mouseketeer

Just wondering; does Pop have the RFID door locks yet? Any guesses on if they'll be installed by the time I arrive on 1/24 if they aren't already?
Old 01-08-2013, 05:48 AM   #1120
Steph2527
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KuyaJeff View Post
Just wondering; does Pop have the RFID door locks yet? Any guesses on if they'll be installed by the time I arrive on 1/24 if they aren't already?
We are here now....no RFID doors yet!
Old 01-08-2013, 06:32 AM   #1121
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by utkscvol1 View Post
We haven't stayed at pop in 4 years- we have stayed at cbr and pofq. Using our ap room discount for a long weekend to get a discounted room at pop. We haven't been there since the refurb-are the fridges the same size as the ones at the mods or are they smaller?
Same size, but a little different configuration.
Old 01-08-2013, 07:43 AM   #1122
Misti315
Mouseketeer

Booking our first Disney trip and we will be staying at POP early April!!
Old 01-08-2013, 08:06 AM   #1123
MomTo3PrincessesInNJ
Mouseketeer

16 days until our first stay at Pop!

H & I are taking an adult only trip to the World for a long weekend (thur-Sun) to celebrate my 30th birthday... turning 30 should be a little bit easier in Disney, right??!

This will be our second trip to Disney together -- our first was less than 8 weeks ago!

We went in November with our 3 girls, stayed at AoA in a Nemo suite (which we LOVED!) and had an amazing trip. I couldn't wait to get back and when H said we could do whatever I wanted for my 30th birthday my mind went straight to Disney World!

We have a jam packed 2 days in the parks with lots of hopping so we can hit all of our favorite rides and shows and try some things that we missed in November.

I am excited to try a new resort. I'm going to try not to compare it to AoA because it's apples to oranges, but I'm hopeful that we'll enjoy our stay just as much!

Thanks for all of the info in this thread
January 2013, Pop!
December 2013, POR-Alligator Bayou
March 2014, Pop! {Solo}
November 2014 {Jersey Week}, Split Stay! CSR- Business Class w/Free Dining
November 2015 {Jersey Week}, Land & Sea! Hotel TBD, 3-night DCL Dream

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Old 01-08-2013, 11:02 AM   #1124
MinnieMO
he touched the butt?!?!

Well they have started "the dreams of forgotten items" and they start out bad lol

First I forgot both cameras which I might add are already in my park bag for that very reason and the craziest part was I dreamed up this entirely different disney resort that doesn't even exist then I couldn't find the check in counter and with every CM I ask for help and would follow it would lead me nowhere outside,end of a hall, bathrooms,but I must say that was a pretty cool resort

Ill be at POP in 13 days to go!!! (hopefully)

Me 24 : 96 off-site
05 POR and 07,10,12,13,14 POP Century
Old 01-08-2013, 11:37 AM   #1125
pittsburghmom
Mouseketeer

Dining plan and POP

I know this is technically a dining plan question, but here it is anyway: We are set to stay at POP in 2 weeks and will have the QSDP.

I know the dining plan includes the refillable mugs that can be filled as much as you want at your resort. My question is: if you are getting a meal on the DDP at the food court, can you fill your mug with soda AND grab a bottle of milk/juice/water and not have to pay OOP for the bottled drink? I was thinking this would be a good way to get some drinks for breakfast/take to the parks....I thought I had read a dining review a while back about doing this, but of course I can't find that thread!

Thanks a bunch!!!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: