Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 12-26-2012, 07:40 PM   #931
SPAM
DIS Veteran
 
SPAM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Columbus, OH
Posts: 3,548

Quote:
Originally Posted by utkscvol1 View Post
Is the 90's a standard location?
I believe the 90s is standard. Here is the map from the front page. http://i962.photobucket.com/albums/a...oriesFINAL.jpg
__________________
Ashleigh
SPAM is offline  
Old 12-26-2012, 07:43 PM   #932
jimjenkids
Mouseketeer
 
jimjenkids's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: small town Iowa
Posts: 301

Had requested a water front view and wanted building 4( I think that's what I said-paper is at home) ended up on 2nd floor building 10.
__________________
DM DD DS19 DS17 DD16 DD12

2014:Amazing Christmas vacation & 20th wedding anniversary -CBC, 2012:xmas-Pop century, 2010:CBC, 2008:ASMovie, 2000:Movies, 1999: sports, 1995:POF, 1984:Polly


jimjenkids is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 12-26-2012, 07:52 PM   #933
jimjenkids
Mouseketeer
 
jimjenkids's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: small town Iowa
Posts: 301

As for housekeeping-we are pretty clean people-I even have the kids make the beds a bit and bring calapsable hamper... They didn't leave soaps, wipe anything down, sweep...even left some scraps on the floor to see if they would pick up and. They didn't ....had to request after 5 days to have linens changed-they didn't after 4 lime they are to do. Again went to front desk, this is now the 3rd time, they assured me they wood fix it AND have added touch done.- had to go down again -fuming mad when we returned- we found dirty rags with cleaner left on the bed and the bed wet with cleaner!, I then requested the beddin be changed on that bed, I was angry and told them I hadn't left a tip-they said they would have it changed in 20 min- I looked and said I would hope so and that I was leaving and going to a park cuz I couldn't deal with this anymore. We never had probs at CBR..... Going to call and complain once we get home. Long drive ahead of us!
__________________
DM DD DS19 DS17 DD16 DD12

2014:Amazing Christmas vacation & 20th wedding anniversary -CBC, 2012:xmas-Pop century, 2010:CBC, 2008:ASMovie, 2000:Movies, 1999: sports, 1995:POF, 1984:Polly


jimjenkids is offline  
Old 12-26-2012, 11:01 PM   #934
EpcotBill
DIS Veteran
 
EpcotBill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: USA
Posts: 2,883

Quote:
Originally Posted by utkscvol1 View Post
Is the 90's a standard location?
Yes they're mostly Standard rooms but there are some Standard Pool View.
EpcotBill is offline  
Old 12-27-2012, 08:16 AM   #935
jsmla
DIS Veteran
 
jsmla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Baton Rouge, LA
Posts: 1,860

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyfanbecky View Post
Hi everyone!

I am thinking of going to the POP for the first time in January (a very last minute trip!!). I would be going alone though and am kind of nervous about that - I am 22 and it would be in the end of January. Will there be a lot of people walking around then? I am mostly concerned about at night, and wondering if I should try to plan my day's to be back early or if I can enjoy the parks until closing. I was also wondering what the walk across to AoA is like at night? I was thinking of eating there one night. If anyone has pictures of walkways at night it also might help to ease my fears!

My other question was about how long does it take to get from POP to the various parks/downtown disney?

Thanks in advance!!

I'm in my early 50s and have been traveling to WDW solo in late January for several years now. (DH refuses to go more than once each year.). Pop is my usual resort if I stay on-site and I have always felt very safe there, even when returning in the late evenings. I'll be there again this upcoming January 26-February 2
jsmla is offline  
Old 12-27-2012, 08:41 AM   #936
dtstampz
Mouseketeer
 
dtstampz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Pacific NW
Posts: 474

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsmla View Post
I'm in my early 50s and have been traveling to WDW solo in late January for several years now. (DH refuses to go more than once each year.). Pop is my usual resort if I stay on-site and I have always felt very safe there, even when returning in the late evenings. I'll be there again this upcoming January 26-February 2

I am so happy to hear this! My first solo trip is coming right up, and I'm
also staying at Pop. Thanks for sharing--I'm sure getting excited about
about my trip, thanks to all of you POPers!
__________________
Debra--Dreaming of Disney!
CR-May 1997 CSR-Sept 2010 CSR-May 2011 Sports/CSR-Sept. 2011 ASMo/CSR/Poly-Nov/Dec 2011
May 2012 - Pop/CSR/Polynesian Sept 2012-AKL/CSR Jan/Feb-2013 Pop Century/CSR May 2013 Pop/POR RGR/CSR
Sept. 2013 CSR **May 2014 CSR**

No new trip planned...so sad!
dtstampz is offline  
Old 12-27-2012, 09:05 AM   #937
PhoenixStrength
Waiting for my fairytale!
 
PhoenixStrength's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Maryland
Posts: 3,195

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyfanbecky View Post
Hi everyone!

I am thinking of going to the POP for the first time in January (a very last minute trip!!). I would be going alone though and am kind of nervous about that - I am 22 and it would be in the end of January. Will there be a lot of people walking around then? I am mostly concerned about at night, and wondering if I should try to plan my day's to be back early or if I can enjoy the parks until closing. I was also wondering what the walk across to AoA is like at night? I was thinking of eating there one night. If anyone has pictures of walkways at night it also might help to ease my fears!

My other question was about how long does it take to get from POP to the various parks/downtown disney?

Thanks in advance!!
I've done 2 solo trips this year and stayed at POP both times. I never felt anything but completely safe. I'm a 28 year old woman. And I stayed out to the parks til past midnight more than once each trip. The walkways are wide and well lit, so don't worry at all!
__________________
Aug 97 Off Site Aug 01 Off Site Sept 08 POP Nov 10 Off Site Feb 12 POP Dec 12 POP Sept 13 CBR May 14 CBR Dec 14 CBR

Heat, humidity and a great Mother/Daughter trip! A May TR
Alien Encounter gave me PTSD!! A Dec '14 PTR

PhoenixStrength is online now  
Old 12-27-2012, 09:37 AM   #938
Eeyore's My Favorite
EW Disney Mom
 
Eeyore's My Favorite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,922

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimjenkids View Post
As for housekeeping-we are pretty clean people-I even have the kids make the beds a bit and bring calapsable hamper... They didn't leave soaps, wipe anything down, sweep...even left some scraps on the floor to see if they would pick up and. They didn't ....had to request after 5 days to have linens changed-they didn't after 4 lime they are to do. Again went to front desk, this is now the 3rd time, they assured me they wood fix it AND have added touch done.- had to go down again -fuming mad when we returned- we found dirty rags with cleaner left on the bed and the bed wet with cleaner!, I then requested the beddin be changed on that bed, I was angry and told them I hadn't left a tip-they said they would have it changed in 20 min- I looked and said I would hope so and that I was leaving and going to a park cuz I couldn't deal with this anymore. We never had probs at CBR..... Going to call and complain once we get home. Long drive ahead of us!
We had quite a few issues with POP when we were there the first part of December. I wrote a pretty scathing email to customer service & received a personal email reply and a phone number to contact & discuss my issues. My biggest issue was with the front desk and the managers there. We were actually staying at POP because of "free" things given to us the last time we stayed there 5 years ago and the horrible service, etc. we received. Housekeeping was ok, not good. Room location for a preferred pool view room that I paid extra for stunk & I let the front desk know that I wouldn't accept the room first assigned. I also told them I would never use online check in again if this was what I would receive at a resort.

Hope you got some results when you got home. I'm planning to call the Guest Services Rep & talk to her today. She'd been on vacation.
__________________
Me : & DH :


Well - the AP's have run out so it's time to begin saving again for the big 30th Wedding Anniversary Celebration.

AKL, CBR, WL, POP, POR, ASMo, ASMu, AS Sports, Fort Wilderness -1973-Grad Night : 1st WDW visit the year it opened!!
Eeyore's My Favorite is offline  
Old 12-27-2012, 09:49 AM   #939
Scottiesmommy08
Mouseketeer
 
Scottiesmommy08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 101

I have a question that I know has been asked a billion times.

WHERE SHOULD I REQUEST A ROOM??

This will be our first time at pop, and it's really had to judge from pictures of the map.I would like to be as close as possible to buses/classic hall, but also Lady or the Tramp. Here's my dilemma.. I don't want my daughter to see the pool if possible! JUDGE ME NOT! But she loves to swim and I KNOW she will want to and we just simply don't have time for that (only 4 days) plus my in laws have a pool we swim in all summer. Is this at all possible? Plus being somewhat near a smoking area for DH?
__________________
Mama Emily and her little Princess Pookie bear Oh yeah, DH too..



First trip, May 01', WL**August 08' offsite, Mike Ditka's resort**January 12' Honeymoon trip, CBR,**January 13' DD first magical trip + anniversary, POP**Looking forward to January 14' for a WONDER-ful first trip + anniversary on DCL
Scottiesmommy08 is offline  
Old 12-27-2012, 10:33 AM   #940
jimjenkids
Mouseketeer
 
jimjenkids's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: small town Iowa
Posts: 301

I didn't even mention the problems with the CM, lots to think on and write down for a long letter. We decided to use POP first off because the kids wanted it, free dining-QS( with a family if 6, QS works better) I wanted POF, either way, we have to get 2 rooms. I even asked the CM if we are treated this way because it was a cheaper resort-ya that didn't help-just made them roll their eyes at us!
__________________
DM DD DS19 DS17 DD16 DD12

2014:Amazing Christmas vacation & 20th wedding anniversary -CBC, 2012:xmas-Pop century, 2010:CBC, 2008:ASMovie, 2000:Movies, 1999: sports, 1995:POF, 1984:Polly


jimjenkids is offline  
Old 12-27-2012, 12:09 PM   #941
stitchlovestink
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 4,338

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottiesmommy08
I have a question that I know has been asked a billion times.

WHERE SHOULD I REQUEST A ROOM??

This will be our first time at pop, and it's really had to judge from pictures of the map.I would like to be as close as possible to buses/classic hall, but also Lady or the Tramp. Here's my dilemma.. I don't want my daughter to see the pool if possible! JUDGE ME NOT! But she loves to swim and I KNOW she will want to and we just simply don't have time for that (only 4 days) plus my in laws have a pool we swim in all summer. Is this at all possible? Plus being somewhat near a smoking area for DH?
Well then I wouldn't worry about Lady and the Tramp because those icons both face each other and are fairly close to the bowling pin pool! It'd be pretty tough to see these icons and NOT see the pool. If you want to truly avoid a pool and be close to classic hall, I think I would request the 70's bldg. you can go back and forth without going anywhere near a pool. Or you could ask for the front (parking lot) side of bldg 1 which is Lady but you wont see Lady.


Posted from Disney Forums Reader for Android
stitchlovestink is offline  
Old 12-27-2012, 04:09 PM   #942
disneyfanbecky
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 155

Thank you so much for the reassurance on going solo!! I am looking forward to the solo part of my trip now and checking out the Pop!! I also booked a preferred room so that it would be closer to main areas - thanks again!
disneyfanbecky is offline  
Old 12-27-2012, 04:50 PM   #943
Janet B
DIS Veteran
 
Janet B's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Harleysville, PA
Posts: 3,991

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimjenkids View Post
As for housekeeping-we are pretty clean people-I even have the kids make the beds a bit and bring calapsable hamper... They didn't leave soaps, wipe anything down, sweep...even left some scraps on the floor to see if they would pick up and. They didn't ....had to request after 5 days to have linens changed-they didn't after 4 lime they are to do. Again went to front desk, this is now the 3rd time, they assured me they wood fix it AND have added touch done.- had to go down again -fuming mad when we returned- we found dirty rags with cleaner left on the bed and the bed wet with cleaner!, I then requested the beddin be changed on that bed, I was angry and told them I hadn't left a tip-they said they would have it changed in 20 min- I looked and said I would hope so and that I was leaving and going to a park cuz I couldn't deal with this anymore. We never had probs at CBR..... Going to call and complain once we get home. Long drive ahead of us!
Wow...sorry that you encountered poor service during your stay; that is just unacceptable – at any level of resort. Just curious, did you speak with the manager on duty? It’s a shame that your issues could not be addressed satisfactory while you were still on vacation. Room request are just that - requests - but often times at check in, a CM can find room(s) more in line with a guest's specific requests. Did you inquire at check in if anything else was available? Of coiurse I do realize that it was a little bit more involved as you needed connecting rooms.

Definitely follow up with guest communications, will be curious what response you receive. Hopefully your next Disney stay will be more to your liking.
__________________
Janet

Check out the Grooviest FAQ thread here: POP Century FAQ Thread

TY Kook!
Janet B is offline  
Old 12-27-2012, 04:53 PM   #944
Janet B
DIS Veteran
 
Janet B's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Harleysville, PA
Posts: 3,991

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeyore's My Favorite View Post
We had quite a few issues with POP when we were there the first part of December. I wrote a pretty scathing email to customer service & received a personal email reply and a phone number to contact & discuss my issues. My biggest issue was with the front desk and the managers there. We were actually staying at POP because of "free" things given to us the last time we stayed there 5 years ago and the horrible service, etc. we received. Housekeeping was ok, not good. Room location for a preferred pool view room that I paid extra for stunk & I let the front desk know that I wouldn't accept the room first assigned. I also told them I would never use online check in again if this was what I would receive at a resort.

Hope you got some results when you got home. I'm planning to call the Guest Services Rep & talk to her today. She'd been on vacation.
And another poor stay ... wow... hope you get some satisfaction when you speak with guest services.
__________________
Janet

Check out the Grooviest FAQ thread here: POP Century FAQ Thread

TY Kook!
Janet B is offline  
Old 12-27-2012, 05:06 PM   #945
Janet B
DIS Veteran
 
Janet B's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Harleysville, PA
Posts: 3,991

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottiesmommy08 View Post
I have a question that I know has been asked a billion times.

WHERE SHOULD I REQUEST A ROOM??

This will be our first time at pop, and it's really had to judge from pictures of the map.I would like to be as close as possible to buses/classic hall, but also Lady or the Tramp. Here's my dilemma.. I don't want my daughter to see the pool if possible! JUDGE ME NOT! But she loves to swim and I KNOW she will want to and we just simply don't have time for that (only 4 days) plus my in laws have a pool we swim in all summer. Is this at all possible? Plus being somewhat near a smoking area for DH?
Quote:
Originally Posted by stitchlovestink View Post
Well then I wouldn't worry about Lady and the Tramp because those icons both face each other and are fairly close to the bowling pin pool! It'd be pretty tough to see these icons and NOT see the pool. If you want to truly avoid a pool and be close to classic hall, I think I would request the 70's bldg. you can go back and forth without going anywhere near a pool. Or you could ask for the front (parking lot) side of bldg 1 which is Lady but you wont see Lady.
Scottiesmommy08 ... as stichlovesink stated, the 70s might be a good fit ... as no pool.

Just a thought ... your DD will most likely be super excited to be at Disney, that even while she may think of the pool, you can draw her attention to the other stuff you have planned that she wouldn't be able to do if you took time to swim.

The parking lot side of Bldg 1 (Lady) would be a good fit, note it is considered preferred. What category did you book?

Also, bldg 9 might be a good fit ... the back side nearest Classic Hall & the 90s parking... which is also close to busing.

And you asked about designated smoking areas .... there is a DSA near the far end of Classic Hall, close to the 70s. DSAs are also located along the lake on Memory Lane. If you do decide or get assigned a room in the 50s, there is a DSA right near the doghouse, near the fork to either bldg 1 or 3.
__________________
Janet

Check out the Grooviest FAQ thread here: POP Century FAQ Thread

TY Kook!
Janet B is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:46 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: