Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-24-2012, 10:54 PM   #916
Janet B
DIS Veteran

To all,

Have a wonderful and joyful Christmas!!

Check out the Grooviest FAQ thread here: Pop Century FAQ Thread

TY Kook!
Janet B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 06:57 AM   #917
HappyGal
DIS Veteran

Thanks Janet! I love Mickey with a candy cane, so cute! I hope your family has a fantastic Christmas as well!

Monica
HappyGal is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-25-2012, 08:03 AM   #918
CuracaoGirl
Earning My Ears

Wishing you all a Merry Christmas!
CuracaoGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 01:54 PM   #919
utkscvol1
DIS Veteran

In your opinion, what is the best standard room location?
Old 12-26-2012, 01:57 PM   #920
McKelly
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by utkscvol1 View Post
I always ask for 70's courtyard view. No parking lot view, in between two pools, somewhat close to bus stops and food court.

McKelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 03:19 PM   #921
disneyfanbecky
Mouseketeer

Hi everyone!

I am thinking of going to the POP for the first time in January (a very last minute trip!!). I would be going alone though and am kind of nervous about that - I am 22 and it would be in the end of January. Will there be a lot of people walking around then? I am mostly concerned about at night, and wondering if I should try to plan my day's to be back early or if I can enjoy the parks until closing. I was also wondering what the walk across to AoA is like at night? I was thinking of eating there one night. If anyone has pictures of walkways at night it also might help to ease my fears!

My other question was about how long does it take to get from POP to the various parks/downtown disney?

Thanks in advance!!
disneyfanbecky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 03:44 PM   #922
DisneyDanielle85
Mouseketeer

Hey Everyone!! Thought i'd stop in and stay Hi as we are FINALLY getting to stay at POP. We've been booked into this hotel for the last 3 trips and upgraded each time to a moderate, this time we've done the exact opposite we've booked a moderate and then switched our reservation to Pop, with the AP Discount it saved us almost $400 dollars. I'm really excited because all the things we liked about the moderate hotels seem to be at Pop. Mini Fridge in rooms, Pool Bar, nightly activities. Can't wait to actually stay here!!!

~Danielle~
~A Dream Is A Wish Your Heart Makes~ ~Princess Belle!~ "I only hope we don't forget one thing- It was all started by a mouse" - Walt Disney
DisneyDanielle85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 03:47 PM   #923
utkscvol1
DIS Veteran

We haven't stayed at pop in 4 years so we are looking forward to seeing the renovations hoping for low crowds when we go in 3 weeks:6
Old 12-26-2012, 03:56 PM   #924
Janet B
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyGal View Post
Thanks Janet! I love Mickey with a candy cane, so cute! I hope your family has a fantastic Christmas as well!
You're welcome!! And thank you for asking about our holiday, we had a great Christmas! The best gift I received was being able to visit our son and spend time with him.

Hope you had a great holiday too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuracaoGirl View Post
Wishing you all a Merry Christmas!
CuracaoGirl, hoping you had a wonderful holiday!

TY Kook!
Old 12-26-2012, 03:58 PM   #925
Janet B
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by utkscvol1 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by McKelly View Post
I always ask for 70's courtyard view. No parking lot view, in between two pools, somewhat close to bus stops and food court.
utkscvol1!

For us, we like the lakeview rooms (which are considered standard), specifically in bldgs 3, 4, & 5.

One day we will try the 70s, the only area we have yet to stay.

And utkscvol1, hoping you do get low crowds... your trip is right after marathon weekend and before MLK. We never been to WDW in January (although I am going this year!! ) but have to think it is not like summer crowds, which is what we have experienced.)

TY Kook!
Old 12-26-2012, 04:14 PM   #926
Janet B
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyfanbecky View Post
Hi everyone!

I am thinking of going to the POP for the first time in January (a very last minute trip!!). I would be going alone though and am kind of nervous about that - I am 22 and it would be in the end of January. Will there be a lot of people walking around then? I am mostly concerned about at night, and wondering if I should try to plan my day's to be back early or if I can enjoy the parks until closing. I was also wondering what the walk across to AoA is like at night? I was thinking of eating there one night. If anyone has pictures of walkways at night it also might help to ease my fears!

My other question was about how long does it take to get from POP to the various parks/downtown disney?

Thanks in advance!!
disneyfanbecky! First off, we have never been to Disney in January, but I would think with POP's popularity, that there will always be people about, returning on the buses at park closing, to feel comfortable. Do ask for a room close to Classic Hall (btw... what room category did you book?).

Here is one picture taken with my cell phone in August, from POP looking across to AOA. It's faily well lit. Since you do want to eat at AOA, suggest requesting a room in bldg 4 or 5 (60s) since this area would be the closest to the bridge (and is close to Classic Hall).

Estimated time once on the POP bus to the parks:

20 minutes to Animal Kingdom
15 minutes to Hollywood Studios
15 minutes to Epcot
22 minutes to Magic Kingdom
12 minutes to Downtown Disney

Hope this helps!!

TY Kook!
Old 12-26-2012, 04:17 PM   #927
Janet B
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyDanielle85 View Post
Hey Everyone!! Thought i'd stop in and stay Hi as we are FINALLY getting to stay at POP. We've been booked into this hotel for the last 3 trips and upgraded each time to a moderate, this time we've done the exact opposite we've booked a moderate and then switched our reservation to Pop, with the AP Discount it saved us almost $400 dollars. I'm really excited because all the things we liked about the moderate hotels seem to be at Pop. Mini Fridge in rooms, Pool Bar, nightly activities. Can't wait to actually stay here!!!
DisneyDanielle!! That's a nice chunk of money you are saving. Hope you end up liking POP as much as the rest of us.

TY Kook!
Old 12-26-2012, 06:56 PM   #928
jimjenkids
Mouseketeer

Just left POP today. Sad that our trip is over, however NOT thrilled with our experience at POP. My expectations were moderate, clean room, food maid service, polite staff. We had so many problems with mousekeeping that I quit leaving tips after the second day. Front desk kept saying it would be better and fix the issues-but did not! Food court was ok, glad it was free dining. Now for the room- the air didn't seem to work well with 4 people in the room, always hot! Tried to get it cooled down but no luck. When we go back in 2014 Xmas, most likely be back at moderate resorts!

2012:xmas-Pop century, 2010:CBC, 2008:ASMovie, 2000:Movies, 1999: sports, 1995:POF, 1984:Polly

jimjenkids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 07:28 PM   #929
HappyGal
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimjenkids View Post
Just left POP today. Sad that our trip is over, however NOT thrilled with our experience at POP. My expectations were moderate, clean room, food maid service, polite staff. We had so many problems with mousekeeping that I quit leaving tips after the second day. Front desk kept saying it would be better and fix the issues-but did not! Food court was ok, glad it was free dining. Now for the room- the air didn't seem to work well with 4 people in the room, always hot! Tried to get it cooled down but no luck. When we go back in 2014 Xmas, most likely be back at moderate resorts!
Oh dear, I'm sorry to hear you had a bad experience. What happened with housekeeping? What building were you in?

Monica
HappyGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 07:34 PM   #930
utkscvol1
DIS Veteran

Is the 90's a standard location?

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: