Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 12-16-2012, 02:45 PM   #871
Valgoof
DIS Veteran

Checked in yesterday and having a great time. We are in building 3 (Tramp) on the 3rd floor. Requested lake view, but actually got pool view on the corner, so we just walk to the elevators down the opposite corridor to see the lake. The room was ready when we arrived at 10 am, so we decided that was more important to us than the location. . I try to check in once a day, if anyone has anything they want me to find out.

3 trips as a kid/teen-Offsite Dec 2011-Offsite Dec 2012-Pop Century Feb 2014-OKW
Nov 2014-Coronado Springs and AKV Kidani

Old 12-16-2012, 02:48 PM   #872
PhoenixStrength
Waiting for my fairytale!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valgoof View Post
Checked in yesterday and having a great time. We are in building 3 (Tramp) on the 3rd floor. Requested lake view, but actually got pool view on the corner, so we just walk to the elevators down the opposite corridor to see the lake. The room was ready when we arrived at 10 am, so we decided that was more important to us than the location. . I try to check in once a day, if anyone has anything they want me to find out.
Yay! Glad you made it Val, and like your room. I stayed in building 3 in February, and liked the walk to Classic Hall and the location

Heat, humidity and a great Mother/Daughter trip! A May TR
Alien Encounter gave me PTSD!! A Dec '14 PTR

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-16-2012, 03:12 PM   #873
rmgreenesq
Toadi Acceleratio Semper Absurda

Pop Tarts at the POP?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandi View Post
I always go with standard rooms and have always been happy with my location. I especially like getting a lake view. If you do not get a preferred room, don't let it upset the start of your vacation. However, do make sure that you're not being charged for a preferred room if you are not given the preferred room. I've heard of that happening in the past.
Thanks Sandi! I won't let the room location bother me. This will be my first time at the POP, and actually my first time at a WDW value resort. I normally stay at Port Orleans Riverside or the Beach Club.

I got a call from central reservations yesterday confirming my request to upgrade. They explained what happened to my reservation. I originally booked 5 nights in the POP in a preferred room for the WDW Marathon, and got an e-mail confirmation. I then went shopping for airfare. I noticed that it was a $150/person cheaper to fly home the next day. So I booked my plane tickets and called central reservations to add a day to my rez. The cast member that added the day changed the classification of the room from preferred to standard to keep the price of the package somewhat equal. That was not explained to me, and although I did receive an e-mail with the changes to my rez, I didn't notice the change until I got my travel documents in the mail last week.

I have another question for those who have been at the POP before. Do they sell strawberry Pop Tarts? I'm asking because I'm running the WDW Half Marathon and have a traditional pre-race breakfast of two strawberry Pop Tarts and a bottle of Diet Coke. I know that Diet Coke is available everywhere on Disney property, but I did not expect to find Pop Tarts. I hauled Pop Tarts in my luggage for the Wine and Dine Half only to find that they were for sale in the shop at the Beach Club. Can I expect to find them for sale at the POP or should I bring my own or plan to swing by the Beach Club?

Rick
Old 12-16-2012, 03:19 PM   #874
PhoenixStrength
Waiting for my fairytale!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmgreenesq View Post
I have another question for those who have been at the POP before. Do they sell strawberry Pop Tarts? I'm asking because I'm running the WDW Half Marathon and have a traditional pre-race breakfast of two strawberry Pop Tarts and a bottle of Diet Coke. I know that Diet Coke is available everywhere on Disney property, but I did not expect to find Pop Tarts. I hauled Pop Tarts in my luggage for the Wine and Dine Half only to find that they were for sale in the shop at the Beach Club. Can I expect to find them for sale at the POP or should I bring my own or plan to swing by the Beach Club?

Rick
They have Pop Tarts, but I don't know what flavors. Maybe someone who is there now can check for you?

Valgoof, can you check the selection of Pop Tarts in Everything Pop?

Heat, humidity and a great Mother/Daughter trip! A May TR
Alien Encounter gave me PTSD!! A Dec '14 PTR

Old 12-16-2012, 07:18 PM   #875
Echo queen
I like the idea of being close to the action
I had to buy another piece of luggage today and shoes and a floppy hat
The camping trip got a little hairy

Quote:
Has anyone tried the pools lately? Is the heat on?

I'm getting really excited about our stay with all of the great reviews.

Old 12-16-2012, 10:40 PM   #876
Valgoof
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thanks Sandi! I won't let the room location bother me. This will be my first time at the POP, and actually my first time at a WDW value resort. I normally stay at Port Orleans Riverside or the Beach Club.

I got a call from central reservations yesterday confirming my request to upgrade. They explained what happened to my reservation. I originally booked 5 nights in the POP in a preferred room for the WDW Marathon, and got an e-mail confirmation. I then went shopping for airfare. I noticed that it was a $150/person cheaper to fly home the next day. So I booked my plane tickets and called central reservations to add a day to my rez. The cast member that added the day changed the classification of the room from preferred to standard to keep the price of the package somewhat equal. That was not explained to me, and although I did receive an e-mail with the changes to my rez, I didn't notice the change until I got my travel documents in the mail last week.

Rick
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixStrength View Post
They have Pop Tarts, but I don't know what flavors. Maybe someone who is there now can check for you?

Valgoof, can you check the selection of Pop Tarts in Everything Pop?
I will check on the flavors in the morning. I think I saw brown sugar cinnamon today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echo queen View Post
Has anyone tried the pools lately? Is the heat on?

I'm getting really excited about our stay with all of the great reviews.
There have been a few people in the bowling pin pool and lots of people in the hippy dippy pool both days. I wasnt one of them, so I am not sure how warm it is. I will try and check it out.

I feel like an investigative reporter.

3 trips as a kid/teen-Offsite Dec 2011-Offsite Dec 2012-Pop Century Feb 2014-OKW

Old 12-17-2012, 07:31 AM   #877
Sandi
A proud Spartans fan!

Quote:
I feel like an investigative reporter.
And we appreciate your commitment to seeking the truth.

Old 12-17-2012, 08:15 AM   #878
jcarwash
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I have another question for those who have been at the POP before. Do they sell strawberry Pop Tarts?
While we eagerly await Valgoof's on-the-ground investigation, Josh's Pop Century report from July 2012 shows a sighting of strawberry Pop Tarts at Everything Pop!

Full report:
http://www.easywdw.com/uncategorized...ourt-and-pool/

Isolated photo:

WDW: 17 | DLR: 3 | DCL: 2
Next: Feb 2015 Disney Magic
Old 12-17-2012, 09:14 AM   #879
hsmamato2
Tink in Training-Good Girl,Bad temper
Little house on the prairie was the HEIGHT of t.v

ok we stayed here for one night....asked for a room out in the 50's near the lake,top floor,and got it! I love looking at the water,and we could also see the bowling pin pool. The rooms are pretty tiny, but so nice and neat...I liked it here a lot,my ds said the main pool is WAY better than the Hard rock Hotel pool(?)
anyway, food court was great for lunch, and I liked walking over to AOA (WOW!) and looking around.... all in all a very nice place, I wouldn't mind a longer stay here again sometime! it's very upbeat,and being out by the lake makes it wonderful! Room was also ready before noon,which was GREAT.
Old 12-17-2012, 01:22 PM   #880
Jiminygirl
Mouseketeer

Seltzer in soda dispensers

Some of the girls I'm going with like seltzer. I know some soda dispensers have a lever you can hold when getting soda that will just dispense the soda water without the flavor. Is there anything like this at Pop- I can't remember and the refillable cup would be a good deal if this was the case!

WDW- 1978 Offsite
2000 Port Orleans/Disney Wonder-Bahamas
2001 Offsite
2003 Polynesian/Disney Magic-W.Caribbean
2006 Pop Century
2008 Offsite and Pop Century
2013 Pop Century
Disneyland- 2011 Offsite
Disneyland- 2014 Offsite
Old 12-17-2012, 07:20 PM   #881
Echo queen
I like the idea of being close to the action
I had to buy another piece of luggage today and shoes and a floppy hat
The camping trip got a little hairy

Just found a pre-trip hotel Courtyard Marriott for half price near the airport.great deal

Old 12-17-2012, 07:40 PM   #882
BearcatsFan
we finally had a minute to breathe yesterday and sat down
Soak up the Sun

I was just wondering if anyone has tried the breakfast pizza at POP? I've been checking out the menu at AllEars and noticed it listed on there. I *love* the one at WPE in DTD and wondered if this was similar. Can anyone advise?

Loving all things Disney since 1976.
Old 12-18-2012, 05:35 AM   #883
Valgoof
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BearcatsFan View Post
I was just wondering if anyone has tried the breakfast pizza at POP? I've been checking out the menu at AllEars and noticed it listed on there. I *love* the one at WPE in DTD and wondered if this was similar. Can anyone advise?
I had this on Sunday and did not care for it. DH was going to get it the next day, so I had him try mine first and he also did not like it. The "crust" was the problem for us. Very dry and crunchy. But I am sure others love it.

Old 12-18-2012, 09:28 AM   #884
BearcatsFan
we finally had a minute to breathe yesterday and sat down
Soak up the Sun

Quote:
I had this on Sunday and did not care for it. DH was going to get it the next day, so I had him try mine first and he also did not like it. The "crust" was the problem for us. Very dry and crunchy. But I am sure others love it.
Thank you for the info and quick response. If the crust was hard and crunchy, then I'm not interested!

Loving all things Disney since 1976.
Old 12-18-2012, 12:42 PM   #885
Valgoof
DIS Veteran

Poptarts----Strawberry poptarts are still in the spot as pictured above. A CM said that strawberry is the normal flavor for them to have. She couldnt guarantee it, of course, but said they should always have strawberry.

Soda water---There is a lever to get water from the soda dispenser, but it was not carbonated, just regular water.

Pool heater----Havent confirmed this one yet, but there are people swimming again today.

This is fun. Anything else?

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: